JoNa Photography

Value:
(4.9 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I cannot possibly put into words how amazing Jen and her husband Jon are, but I will certainly try. First, look at her website and her blog. My pictures are on there -- the slideshow was just put up today -- and I have to say, these pictures are seventeen times more breathtaking than I was hoping for, and I had pretty high expectations to start with.

So many things happened to me on my wedding day that I think might get some brides down. A couple highlights: my then-soon-to-be-husband stepped on my dress, tearing about a four-inch hole that was pretty noticeable right near my waist, and my mom got lipstick on it near my neckline. Totally ridiculous, right? These things, and tons of others, happened when we were taking pictures before the ceremony itself.

What made me not cry? Jen and her husband. Not only do these two take phenomenal pictures, they come equipped with a suture kit and a fantastic ability to make one chill out. Jon is a doctor, so he sprinted to the car after the dress ripped to pull out his suture kit and they sewed my dress back together. Jen assured me that no one could see the lipstick, and if I could in pictures, she'd work her magic and take it out. Besides these magic tricks, they took every random picture we asked them to and hundreds more. Drive to The Rock on MSU's campus and take pictures there? Sure. Find a lamppost near Beaumont Tower? Got it. Organize sixty wily family members and make them sit still in the middle of the reception? No problem. All of this, all of my ridiculous requests, completed with an amazing attitude and the biggest smiles and the best sense of humor you can imagine.

Jen and Jon provided exactly the kind of service I hoped for: take funky yet elegant candids before the wedding so I have some great photos with the wedding party and with my husband, and then kinda fade into the background and capture all the stuff during the night that my husband and I would miss. I am so, so happy to say that we are beyond thrilled with the results. These pictures will be ours to treasure and cherish for the rest of our lives. But beyond the pictures themselves, Jen went out of her way to make sure every detail she encountered during our wedding was perfect. Yes, you will be getting gorgeous, unspeakably beautiful photos, but you will more importantly (at least, in my mind) have a photographer who will passionately work with you to make your wedding day as special as possible.

Jen also does senior pictures and family photo shoots, which look fantastic, but obviously I can only speak for her wedding photography here. In that aspect, she was the best photographer for us and I feel so lucky that we were able to book her. Her schedule fills up very quickly (and rightly so, given her talent), so get in contact with her now. Email is your best bet. Seriously, get off yelp, go to her website now and immediately ask if she is available for your day. You won't regret it in the slightest.

(Copied from my review on yelp.com)

• Wedding: 08/15/2009
4.9/5.0
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

There is not one bad comment that I can say about Jennifer and her photography skills! We used her (and her husband) for our wedding and maternity photos, and I would not change that for the world.

When I was shopping around for a photographer for our wedding, my husband was quite skeptical about me booking Jennifer because of the cost, but I assured him that spending a large portion of our budget on the photos is imperative. After receiving our photos, my husband was blown away! Above and beyond their talents, Jen and her husband made our wedding party feel like the most magical and fun people on the planet. When we get together, we still talk about these two wonderful people.

Love, love, love Jona Photography!

• Wedding: 07/18/2009
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Jen and John get 5 stars across the board! They were both so wonderful to work with! Jen and John are very friendly, fun, and talented, and they work so hard to get the best shot. They have a good, creative eye and took many excellent photos of everything from the bridal party to small details to family members I hadn't even realized they had caught. And her post processing is phenomenal. We have gotten so many compliments from our family on the photos already. Jen also did our engagement photos which we used in a photo guestbook and in various other ways throughout the wedding. I definitely recommend doing an engagement shoot- it helped us to get to know her better and for her to know us better. We are very happy with our photos and we are very happy we selected JoNa Photography to capture our day. Like AmyMarie said, Jen and John give 110% to their clients.

We definitely recommend JoNa Photography for your wedding!

• Wedding: 06/06/2009
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I couldn't have been happier to have Jen in charge of the most important part of our wedding day. We've since had her take family photos as well. I love them just as much today as I did 3 years ago.

Timeless and absolutely beautiful work.

• Wedding: 08/31/2008
  • Flexibility: 5.0

JoNa Photography was incredible! Jen is such a passionate, talented person who gives 110% to her clients. I am so happy with the pictures she took for my Engagement session and of my wedding and would recommend her to any Bride-2-Be!

Amy

• Wedding: 06/28/2008
517-000-0000
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards