Hasslinger's Golden Clipper Catering
Phoenix, MD 21131  | map
Catering services: Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Family Style, French...
Bar services: Limited Bar, Open Bar

(4.9/5.0)
Flexibility:

Sort By:

Private User 1 Reviews
Words cannot express our sincere appreciation for Hasslinger’s Golden Clipper Catering. From the very first phone call to the last, Mr. Hasslinger was nothing but professional. He was open to menu changes and worked with us to find what would best fit the venue and our guests. He met with us on site and helped us work out table layouts and arranged rentals for the reception. He was always easy to get a hold of and responsive anytime a question arose.
On the day of the wedding, he and his staff were amazing! They helped set table centerpieces and even arrange decorations. He made a special errand that was out of his way and handled it all without any complaint. The food was delicious! We received so many compliments on how fantastic the appetizers were and how flavorful & tender the beef was. Everything was warm and arranged beautifully. I would highly recommend this company. It was so nice to have complete confidence and no stress on our family’s special day. In an age when good quality service can be hard to find; we were so glad to have found a company that took care of us like family.
Hasslinger's Golden Clipper Catering responded with the following comments:
Thank you for taking the time to review us online. It was a pleasure working with you to make your Wedding Day full of Fond Memories. Thank you once again for your Trust and Confidence. We look forward to assisting you in the future. Craig Hasslinger
Wedding: Recently Married
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Craig and his team were AMAZING to work with! Craig was always willing to answer any and every question my wife and I had. The Hasslinger team made our wedding day extremely stress free, They even made the extra effort to move the chairs from our outside ceremony inside to the reception. Craig and his team made sure that while taking pictures after the ceremony that the bridal party, my wife, and I had drinks and appetizers before heading into the reception. Craig was even more than willing to answer questions that did not specifically have to do with the catering. The day before our wedding Craig, called to get all the contact information for all the other vendors in order to coordinate setup times. The day of the wedding Craig, realized that the sweetheart table we were to use was missing. Without hesitation Craig took care of the situation and delivered a sweetheart table!

Everyone who was at our wedding is still raving about how good the food was! The food is all home-made and can not be beat! From the crab dip to the barbecue chicken, macaroni and cheese, pepper-smoked turkey, pit-beef, and last but least the bacon wrapped pretzel sticks you will not be disappointed. We wish we could eat the food every day. Craig was more than willing to accommodate the menu for our liking!

Hasslinger's is definitely the best of the best! They are extremely easy to deal with and you will not be disappointed!! We certainly can not thank them enough for everything they did!!
Wedding: 09/06/2014

Megan 8 Reviews
Before my wedding at The Cloisters, I called all 12 of the acceptable caterers on their list to discuss sample menus, pricing, and services provided. After narrowing it down to two caterers, doing tastings, and meeting each of them, the clear choice was Hasslinger's.

Not only is Craig calm, professional, and accommodating, he and his staff had a complete working knowledge of the venue, their policies and layout, and other vendors. I emailed, called, and met with Craig multiple times both alone, with my husband, or with my family members and each time he was gracious, extremely quick to respond, and willing to go above and beyond what you would expect from a caterer. My husband and I talked many times about how much he put us at ease and how we trusted his expertise immediately (not easy for a type A personality!).

The food was ridiculously delicious. Everything we tried, we loved! We wanted to keep the cost low, but everything we got for our money was top notch quality. My bridal party raved about the cheese puff appetizers. My family is Italian, and we wanted pasta instead of a second meat. We went in to the tasting thinking we would want a spaghetti-type option to appeal to my Italian relatives. Although it tasted great, we went with the alfredo. It was to die for. Everyone at the wedding talked about how amazing everything tasted, how it wasn't the typical mediocre "wedding food", and how nice everything was set up (we did a buffet).

We provided our own alcohol. Craig and his staff were very helpful in providing the set ups, cups, and serving everything. They were meticulous in how they served so that we could return anything that was still sealed.

There was a vast variety of linen choices. Craig was willing to go over all of our options with us. We loved the drapery of our sweetheart table! All the details were perfect!

Our one and only complaint was that we can't get their food every day! :) They are amazing!
Wedding: 04/11/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
The food was absolutely lovely. Craig really goes the extra mile to make everything perfect! I'd defiantly recommend!
Wedding: 03/21/2014

Jessica 1 Reviews
Hasslinger's was amazing! I helped my friends with their wedding day-of coordination, and it was the least stressful it could be on a wedding day. They made sure the event was well-staffed. They were very accommodating to any requests, even last minute ones. There were calm but assertive in their "game plan". The happy couple was very relaxed on their special day, and that's what it's all about. Their prices were reasonable without giving up quality. The food tasted remarkably good. Hasslinger's is definitely experienced in the industry, and they care about their clients. Every staff personnel was extremely pleasant to work with from start to finish. I was impressed! I am assisting with wedding planning for another friend, and Hasslinger's is at the top of the list. They are also gay-friendly which is great, since many of my gay friends are getting married now.
Wedding: 10/28/2013

Sue 6 Reviews
Words cannot express how grateful we are for Craig, Bob and all of their staff at Hasslinger's for making our wedding at the Cloisters Castle an unbelievable and unforgettable event. Craig was always available for our many questions, never once said "we cannot do that", and was always prompt, courteous and thoughtful. Our guests raved about the quality of the food and the attention paid not only to the two brides, but to all of the guests at the wedding. Craig fulfilled all that we asked of him and more. When another vendor failed to bring what was ordered, he and his staff came through so that we never knew about any of it until after the event was over. I almost feel as though we didn't pay enough for the quality of the services that were provided and for the confidence that he gave us on our wedding day. In looking back at our caterer selection process, I realized that we put too much emphasis on cost and food, and not enough on the quality of the services that are provided on the wedding day from set-up, working with other vendors, keeping a timeline and coordinating all of the activities. We were extremely lucky that Craig fulfilled all of those needs and more! Two of our closest friends are beginning their wedding planning process and we will do everything we can to persuade them to use Hasslingers.
Wedding: 10/27/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
There are no words to describe the gratitude I have for Craig, Holly, Bob and his team.

I chose Craig for several reasons. First, he responded back to every email that I had. To me, this is important because as a new bride, you are making several inquiries to a lot of companies. You want to feel like your questions and concerns are important and are responded back within a timely manner. No disrepect to some of the other caterers out there but Craig made me feel important and didn't allow too much time to lapse before responding back to me. As I mentioned, some other caterers will leave you "hanging"..

Second, Craig has a calming effect on you. Holly was someone who helped me out huge. She guided my family and friends in the set-up process and made me feel comfortable around her. As nervous and wrattled as I was, both of them reassured me that everything will work out and it did. You can email Craig with any questions you may have.

Craig and his team can create traditional to non-traditional recipes. I was very pleased with the outcome of the food and so where my guests. No task it too large. Craig will deliver amazing results.

For newly engaged couples searching for a caterer, I highly recommend Craig for you. In my opinion, if you want someone who is knowledgeable, thorough, professional, with a lil bit of humor into the mix, let Craig caterer your next event. I am very fortunate to have had him at my ceremony/reception.
Wedding: 08/16/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Thank you to all the staff, chefs, & servers at Hasslinger's Golden Clipper Catering for making my daughter's wedding a wonderful success. Your courtesy, professionalism were appreciated and the food was great. Everyone was in love with the crab dip & all of the guests enjoyed their meal. We loved the 'heart' ice sculpture. We really appreciated Craig's help & advice to plan & prepare.

Mother of the Bride
Wedding: 05/04/2013

Cassie 6 Reviews
Craig of Hasslinger Golden Clipper was the vendor we worked with to figure out how not to miss any steps in what was largely a DIY wedding. Not only does this company give competitive prices on good food, but it'll be a proactive part in helping you figure out other steps along the way.

Craig asked things about how we were handling various aspects of the wedding, and never tried to sell us a more expensive route, but instead, tried to help us to realize our own ideas in the best way possible. For instance, we were able to use his account with a wholesale florist to do some of our own flowers.

I contacted at least five different caterers and did tastings with two, and this company was by far (very, very far) the most responsive, best anticipated our needs, and didn't push us into things that would have been uncomfortably formal or over the top for us while helping us make our own ideas into something both fun and dignified. If you hire Craig, you're getting help planning your entire event, not just catering. That was tremendously valuable to us, and we will be forever grateful.

Also: Bacon. Wrapped. Dates. - no wedding would be complete without them.
Wedding: 04/19/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Craig Hasslinger is a true class act. He and his team are extremely professional--a true pleasure to work with.
When we first met with Craig, we were a bit concerned that his chef would need to cook from a portable kitchen because the farm that we would be married on did not have a professional kitchen available. He assured us that this wasn't a problem and we left the meeting completely at ease knowing that we were in very capable hands. (He even made the 2 hour trek out to our venue prior to the wedding to make sure everything would go smoothly the day of.) We had a very specific vision for the wedding and had a few ideas that weren't part of Craig's usual menu. Craig was completely accommodating and we had all of the menu items we were hoping for on the big day. Craig even picked up our wedding cake from the bakery and brought it to the venue for us. After the ceremony, Craig brought over a sampling of hors d'oeuvres for us to snack on during our group shots and we were delighted to find that he had added an additional appetizer to the menu. All of our guests raved about the food and the service. Craig also functioned as a coordinator of sorts during the reception. He requested a timeline to keep things on track for us, and even reminded the band to play the daddy/daughter dance when they nearly forgot. He checked on me and my husband the entire night to make sure everything went perfectly for us! His team was a huge help in setting everything up for the reception and they took care of all of the cleaning afterward. We paid for the wedding ourselves and Craig worked with us to make sure the reception was everything we wanted it to be, at a price we could afford. He is also very quick to respond to emails and phone calls, which is so important. Honestly, I can't rave enough about Craig and his team. Our wedding would not have been nearly as perfect without them--they are truly one of a kind!
Wedding: 10/20/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Craig and his team were an amazing fit for our wedding day. They made everything very easy and stress-free. The food was great and fit nicely into our budget. Craig has tons of experience and knows exactly how to handle weddings. We planned a wedding that was far from our home and it was easy for him to work out the details of the food and service with our limited availability. He also had great recommendations for other vendors in the area. Everything went smoothly on our wedding day thanks to his expertise.
Wedding: 10/14/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Craig Hasslinger is a very professional caterer in every respect. At our first meeting with Craig, we enjoyed "a tasting" of the cocktail style reception hors d'oeuvres and the chef's choice carving station, everything was prepared to perfection. He assured us that he would oversee the wedding reception from start to finish when we contracted with Hasslinger's Golden Clipper and he was there as promised.

We are so happy we contracted with Hasslinger's Golden Clipper Catering, our family and guests have had nothing but wonderful comments about the delicious food and quality of service at our daughter's wedding reception on June 16, 2012. We highly recommend contacting Hasslinger's for your special day!

Brad & Ellyn Hamel
South Addison, ME
Wedding: 06/16/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Craig and the rest of the staff at Hasslinger's were amazing to work with. They were truly the glue that held me and the days events together. Craig kept everything moving, coordinated with all of my vendors, and made me feel at ease every step of the way. Personal Service at its best! The guests are still talking about both the food and the service. I couldn't have been happier and plan on using Hasslinger's for any catering needs I have in the future.
Wedding: 10/07/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I was so afraid when writing this that I would not include all the wonderful things that Hasslinger's did to make my wedding the ideal, worry-free day. Hasslinger’s came well recommended, as they have catered many of my friend’s weddings and special events. From the very start of wedding planning, Hasslinger's was professional and accommodating. Essentially, I was planning and paying for the wedding myself and with that came a large amount of stress. Unlike some of the vendor with which I dealt, Mr. Hasslinger had a way of reassuring me that everything would be OK and promised to handle any concerns I may have with the wedding planning and actually followed through on those promises. He was able to make recommendations on how to stay within my budget and still get the best food and open bar possible. He recommended vendors and provided us with pictures from previous weddings and references if we were interested. Tastings were held at the Hasslinger’s house, which added to the personal feel. During the negotiation process with Hasslinger’s, I found a venue on the Eastern Shore and fell in love with it. Mr. Hasslinger made a trip from Baltimore to Oxford, Maryland to meet with the owner of the venue and ensure that the property could accommodate his needs and mine. Now he was familiar with the venue and could answer any questions I may have with full knowledge (and trust me, I had millions of questions). Throughout the entire year or more of planning, Mr. Hasslinger was always available when I called him or would return my email or phone call immediately. As simple as it sounds, that is so important when you need answers to questions (regarding the number of tables for under the tent, or table sizes) and only have your lunch break or after hours at home to make phone calls to vendors. I always felt as if there was nothing they couldn’t handle, and I still feel that way even after the wedding has ended! I did not have a wedding coordinator or even a day-of coordinator which I would recommend. However, along with one outstanding bridesmaid, Mr. Hasslinger was at the event cueing the band, ushering the guests as needed and helping coordinate the day-of events which allowed me time to enjoy my new husband and our guests. Hasslinger’s has professional wait staff in tuxedo attire, all of which were pleasant and helpful. I never needed for anything, as one of the staff members was assigned to make sure I had everything I needed. We had a carving station which Hasslinger’s decorated for us. All the guests said the food was incredible and the staff was personal and professional. If my husband and I have another catered event, we will definitely use Hasslinger’s as they have proved themselves with service, food quality and price.
Wedding: 10/01/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Hasslingers was excellent. I am so glad we went with them. They did an absolutely fantastic job on both the reheasal luncheon and the wedding. The guest raved about the food and the service. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them or to use them again.
Wedding: 09/05/2010
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Craig and his business partner are amazing! They came to our rescue after our original caterer went out of business. They were able to deliver the same menu and it tasted so much better! Craig was wonderful about checking in to see how we were doing and to make sure we hadn't missed any details. The night of the reception Craig and his staff were perfect. All of our guests commented on how delicious the food was and how efficient the staff was. They always made sure guests were comfortable and did not need anything. He coordinated with the DJ and Photographer to make sure every detail was taken care of and things we smoothly. I absolutely 100% recommend them to anyone looking for a caterer.
Wedding: 11/21/2009