Gerard Tomko Photography

Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
3.9

My husband, family, and friends are totally blown away by the beautiful pictures Jerry took of us for our wedding. Aside from the amazing photos, Jerry was very professional, flexible, and easy to communicate with during the whole process! I couldn't recommend anyone better to photograph your special day, he will NOT disappoint!!

Recently Married

My wife and I were and still are blown away with Jerry's work! We couldn't of asked for a better photographer to capture our special day.

Services Used: Photography

Awesome awesome awesome his photos are like nothing you will ever see! He thinks out of the box for sure

Services Used: Photography

My daughter had two "must haves" for her wedding day...Jerry Tomko and his incredible work were one of the two. As mother of the bride, I am writing this review less than a week after our amazing day and let me state at this point, I can't imagine anyone else but Jerry being with us for this special time in our lives - simply amazing.
There is a huge amount of trust that needs to be placed in your photographer - these pictures are capturing a "once in a lifetime" event. Jerry provides you with this and so much more. From the beginning when we started having conversations, to meetings, to the suggestion of a time itinerary (extremely important & Jerry was spot on with his timetable) to the day of, his professionalism and knowledge are unsurpassed. He gets it all. He will honor your requests, questions, concerns, etc and he gives you what you have been envisioning throughout the planning process.
Jerry is an artist and master photographer - this is crystal clear as you begin to see the photos unfold. We were fortunate enough to have pictures displayed at the reception and the number of people that took the time to comment about what was playing out before them was more than you can imagine - he absolutely captures these incredible images throughout the day (and yes, shots of the bride and groom that are stunning, at night!) and they just take your breath away.
Just can't say enough about our experience with Jerry - he is the one that you want for your special day.
Jerry, thank you for everything! You are the BEST!

1+ year ago

Very professional, very personable....really gets to know his couples. Will listen and adjust to what the bride and groom really want. Veryyyy responsive, will return calls very quickly! Lovesss what he does and it shows in his work! We left our reception was Jerry even there, he did not intrude in anyway and got us nearly 850 proofs to look at it! Knows many of the best vendors around Philly so he knows how many people and place work, he really helped everything run really smoothly the day of!!!!

Services Used: Photography

Gerard Tomko Photography captured our wedding day more beautifully than we ever could have imagined! Jerry made our day stress free and is a true artist - he has a vision like no other! The pictures were absolutely amazing and we highly recommend him to ANYONE seeking a photographer for anything - he can do all!

Services Used: Photography

My husband and I couldn't have been happier choosing Gerard Tomko as our photographer. He was very professional, organized, and very calming throughout the process. His pictures are unlike any others, and not only does Jerry not take the typical wedding photos, but he takes you and your fiance's/husbands thoughts, concerns, and ideas into consideration to make a beautiful piece of art.

Not only is Jerry very talented, but he is very efficient with his work. We received our proofs within 1 month of the wedding, and we are currently working with Jerry to create our album. He leads you in the right direction and points out things that Matt and I would have never considered.

I would recommend Jerry in a heart beat, and we will definitely be using him again for family portraits or other larger family events.

Services Used: Photography

When we began planning the wedding, I (the groom) mandated one thing - I did not want to have to micro manage our vendors. That meant the band, the photographer, the video team and the venue. Jerry Tomko is a photographer you absolutely must consider if you value this as well.

From the moment we met him, we knew that we had made the right decision. He talked us through what his approach would be on the wedding day well in advance so we knew what to expect. One of my favorite things about working with Jerry is that for much of the night, it's almost like you didn't even know he was there. But boy do the pictures tell a different story.

Jerry is the epitome of class and we felt he truly enjoyed being with us on our wedding day. Whether that's the case or not is totally inconsequential. He did an amazing job and the photos came out amazing.

Also, we had our proofs in roughly a month, which is quicker than I had anticipated.

Again, we can't overstate how happy we were with our choice to use Jerry for our wedding. We will undoubtedly return as our family grows.

thanks, Jerry!

Services Used: Photography

We could not be happier with our choice in wedding photography! Jerry is incredible to work with, always developing new looks and has left us with beautiful memories from our wedding day. We have gotten endless comments on how beautiful our photos and I look at them on a daily basis.

Services Used: Photography

My first introduction to Gerard Tomko and his photography was through my wife's best friend. Her wedding photos were amazing, and my wife and I told ourselves that he would be the photographer at our wedding. The big day arrived only to find the "once in a lifetime" storm had knocked the power out at the resort where the reception was to take place. Enter Jerry Tomko. Jerry was not only a calming influence on the bride, but also the whole bridal party. His experience and expertise were invaluable in making the day go smoothly. Both him and his assistant were extremely professional and easy to work with. Per Jerry's suggestion, the bride and I went offsite to the Atlantic City boardwalk and Steel Pier where he took some of the most amazing photos I've seen.

Working with Jerry was a magical experience and I highly recommend him to be the photographer for your next event.

Services Used: Photography

Jerry's pictures are absolutely AMAZING! You see online pictures online or in a magazine of brides and grooms looking flawless, and you always wish that was you in the pictures..well, my wish came true thats for sure! I couldn't believe how beautiful I looked and how handsome Joe looked! Looking at my wedding pictures for the first time is a moment I'll never forget, and I'll always have Jerry to thank for that. Jerry is such a nice guy, willing to work with you and cater to your needs/wants..He definitely made the day less stressful with his easy-going personality..but also, the man knows what he's doing!! Everything just flowed smoothly and Joe & I couldn't be happier. If you want a good photographer with pictures that will take your breath away..Pick Gerard Tomko!

1 Review
2+ years ago

Jerry exceeded our expectations as he captured our wedding day! He is both professional and extremely talented at what he does. His hard work really shows and you would be in good hands if you chose him for your special occasion :) Thanks Jerry!!!

Services Used: Photography

As VERY recent clients of Jerry's, we have to say, we were more than pleased with Jerry & his photography. Jerry has a true gift and passion for what he does and it's obvious in all that he does for his bride & groom on the day of their wedding. From his punctuality to his efficiency, despite a LONG list of family photos, Jerry was prompt, courteous and proactive. Even when we suggested shooting at FDR Park in South Philly, Jerry took it upon himself to scout the park weeks in advance in order to determine the best locations for our wedding shoot! Overall, we were more than pleased and impressed by our photos and have even joked about hiring Jerry to do random photo shoots for us throughout the years! He's a true talent with a big heart; work with him and he'll work with you!

Proud Mom of Bride
2+ years ago
0.0

I usually do not write a review unless I have had an extremely good OR bad experience with a vendor. In the case of Gerard Tomko Photography it is the latter (VERY bad experience), and I hope this posting serves as a caveat to couples that are looking to capture their special day with the right photographer. I would certainly NOT recommend Gerard Tomko. He can be deceptively charming to get your business, but once the contract is signed, the execution and follow-through is highly unprofessional and downright unpleasant. He was MIA for long periods during our event, is unavailable via all forms of communication after he has your money (full payment by wedding date), is full of non-credible excuses about why he can’t be reached and why there are delays in getting the albums to us. We finally had to resort to an attorney and got the albums more than 2 years after the wedding. He claims to take “beautiful pictures”, but ultimately the albums were average at best (even had the wrong date printed on the parents’ albums!). Definitely not a good value for the money spent, not to mention the incredible frustration dealing with a highly unprofessional individual.

I do believe that we are not alone and that there have been many other disappointed clients. Do your homework before signing with this particular vendor. By the way, we had numerous vendors for our event and all the others were exemplary - Gerard Tomko Photography was the only down side to our otherwise perfect celebration.

Services Used: Photography

I cant say enough good things about Jerry Tomko!! Our wedding was afew weeks ago and my husband and I are thrilled with our pictures and our experience with Gerard Tomko photography! Our pictures came out AMAZING and Jerry made the whole picture taking experience fun, easy and made the day go so smoothly!! I have gotten a TON of compliments on my pics already, and Jerry sent us our proofs so quickly after the wedding!! He is ao artistic and Italented- i cant wait to see how our album comes out!! I would recommend Jerry a hundred times over!!!

Services Used: Photography

Jerry did an amazing job at capturing our wedding in a way that will make our special day last forever. I got married on January 14th at the Curtis Center and during our reception Jerry already created a picture slideshow of the images he had taken during the day which was such a treat for our guests. The next day Jerry had already made a video of our images to music which was a wonderful send off to have prior to our honeymoon. On January 27th, we were shocked when Jerry sent us an email that our proofs were waiting for us to view. We scheduled with Jerry for the pickup and couldn’t believe that he had all our proofs printed and waiting for us in a beautiful photo box with an image of us on the top along with our names and the date of our wedding. We are in the process of creating our album and can’t wait to see the finished product. My husband and I do not enjoy getting our pictures taken but Jerry made us feel so comfortable while giving great direction on how to pose to make the pictures look beautiful.