Edward Entertainment

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

I hired Ed late in the game because my first DJ quit. Ed had a complicated job that entailed getting the sound system coordinated for a choir on the beach, a guitarist, beach ceremony music and then reception music in the facility. Ed was easy to work with and had all the necessary equipment. he worked off a list of songs we gave him and found the ones we requested that were unusual. he coordinated the first dance and all of the background music. Our guests loved the music and the ceremony was beautiful. At the last minute Ed even found us a videographer the day before the wedding!!Ed works in the DC,MD VA area- this wedding was in Annapolis

Edward Entertainment responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much for the kind words. It was my pleasure to help make your big day memorable for you and your family & friends.

Services Used: Ceremony Music, DJ, Unique Services (Other)
Recently Married

Ed Witles provided our music for our wedding. I was searching for a DJ that would provide quality service and music without "stealing the show". Ed is perfect for that! Some wedding DJs can be really "cheesy" and seem to be performing. Ed is not that way at all. He knew the perfect mix of music to play to get all generations dancing. He procured our first dance song at our request, and was very attentive to the music we wanted for our event. We ended up with 8-9 inches of VERY heavy snow on our wedding day, but Ed made sure he was there to make sure our event had music. He was at the venue even before me and my fiance!! Look no further, you should use Ed for all your event needs!

Edward Entertainment responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much for the kind words. It really is all about the bride's (and groom's) big day. This was the third snow wedding I have done and would do it again all over for you. Best wishes as you begin this new journey together.

Services Used: DJ

Ed was fantastic. He responded quickly to our emails and made sure that we were on the same page with everything. We had an idea of how we wanted the music to be and Ed executed it perfectly. He made sure to play all the songs we wanted and none of the songs we didn't. He also did a fantastic job cutting off some of the longer songs so they wouldn't slow things down. He far exceeds the price that he charges for such great service. He even recorded the toasts without us having to ask. If you want a DJ to be loud and do their own thing, Ed is not for you. But if you want someone who really listens to what you want and plays great music Ed can't be beat.

Recently Married

I found Ed through Wedding Wire and had a strong feeling about him after reading the reviews. Now, it's my turn to write mine! We could not have asked for a better, more reliable, easy going and perfect DJ. Guests were raving about the music, it was perfect for a brunch reception in the early afternoon. He was so flexible, too, we had family from Thailand run out to their car to get a CD so that they could have some traditional Thai music, and he popped it right in and they were in heaven! He made announcements or introductions appropriately throughout the reception without interrupting or being obnoxious. We are so happy we decided to go with Ed, I can tell he will be a friend of ours for years to come :) If you are searching for an high quality, affordable, friendly and cooperative DJ, you will be silly to book anybody else.

Recently Married

Ed did a great job at our wedding. He listened to our input but was also happy to take the lead on music for both the ceremony and reception. His service is exactly as advertised meaning that he plays great music while keeping his presence to a minimum. The dance floor was packed the entire night and our guests had a blast.

We would recommend Ed to anyone looking for a wedding DJ. It was definitely worth it.

Services Used: DJ

We LOVED Ed!!! He was VERY responsive to our many emails and being that we were planning this wedding from Philadelphia, that was very comforting to know he was just a click away. We had our reception at Old Ebbitt's Grill which is a very unique venue for sound. It is wide open with marble and tall ceilings making it difficult to contain sound. We wanted a DJ that had been at this venue before so he had experience with the setting. At one time, Ed was the ONLY DJ that was allowed to work at Old Ebbitt's, so we knew he was good. He was so honest in saying that it is almost impossible to get rid of ALL echo because of the openness of the setting, but he said very confidently, that he comes the closest to doing so. We had a lot of DJ's say, "Oh yeah, we can do that" because they had never been there before. But Ed was the only honest one who told us the truth based on experience. Unfortunately, we had to postpone our wedding due to a family emergency and Ed allowed us to move our deposit to our new date even though it took us 8 months to determine the new date. His deposit was not exorbitant, which made us think that he was honest and confident as well as qualified and not just in it for the money. Most importantly, he played the BEST music!!! All I did was tell him the type of music we preferred and he more than delivered. I literally DID NOT leave the dance floor once during the reception, which was exactly how I wanted it! After the reception was over, our guests chanted, "One more song! One more song!" And Ed played one more song........4 times!!! Everyone kept coming up to me later saying how awesome our DJ was! He really made the night! We even got a CD afterwards with all the sound of the whole evening...the introductions, the toasts and 4 hours of music. We did get a videographer, so this was priceless. he even brought uplighting (which wasn't even included in our package) because he was trying to add that to his repertoire. It really was the perfect touch!!

Edward Entertainment responded with the following comments:

Thanks for those kind words. It really warmed my heart. It was my pleasure in help making your big day - truly epic and memorable.

The recordings of speeches will be treasured for many years to come.

Best wishes as you begin this journey together.

Services Used: Lighting & Decor

Ed was great, from our first Google Chat to submitting our playlist and do not playlist to the day itself. He was very friendly, kept a lively atmosphere for our guests and very professional. A job very well done!!!

2+ years ago

From the beginning of our correspondence all the way through the planning process he made it a really smooth easy thing to handle. He had great musical suggestions and we had a lot of unconventional music we wanted included and he was so great throughout the entire process.

Services Used: DJ

Ed was excellent to work with, very flexible and made our event exactly what we were hoping for. We had a small wedding with a cocktail party style reception and Ed's "unobtrusive" style was exactly what we were looking for. He used his expertise to shape our reception into something wonderful and kept a great flow to the day. His knowledge of music and suggestions were extremely helpful. He somehow turned our schizophrenic and bizarre list of music must plays into something amazing that everyone enjoyed. While we did not anticipate much dancing at our event, somehow Ed's selections got people moving and singing along. It was quite a party and we owe it all to Ed. I would highly recommend his services to any bride.

Services Used: DJ

Ed was an amazing DJ. He did a great job working with our Master of Ceremonies and going through the reception seamlessly- making sure that all of the events were on time and the guests were aware of all of the activities ( we had quiet a few activities as we had frozen yogurt brought in as one of the desert items). The music was great and a lovely mix of all eras. Our guests both young and old enjoyed the music and the dance floor was always packed. I was also very thankful that the music was very much age appropriate for our younger guests ( as I was quiet worried). I would definitely recommend him to any bride in the DC, Maryland, Virginia area. The best part is that we got a recording of the ceremony, which is such a priceless gift as the speeches at the wedding were amazing.

Services Used: DJ

Ed was the perfect DJ for our May 12 wedding. He was receptive to our ideas and suggestions, and he created a fabulous playlist that kept the dance floor packed all night long. Ed was very easy to work with and was extremely professional. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to other brides seeking a classy, non-intrusive DJ for their wedding. Thanks Ed!!

Stephanie
12/18/2011

Ed was absolutely wonderful! My husband was terrified of the idea of a DJ - someone in a tacky vest playing music we cannot control? Not at all - Ed was extremely flexible and took the lead from music we picked (and then expanded with awesome songs that went along with our style). He was also willing to play things "on the fly" when a member of the wedding party asked him to. Everything was integrated and Ed's choice of music made the entire reception seamless.

2+ years ago

Ed Witles, the Elegant DJ, was a great choice of DJ for our wedding! He was incredibly flexible, responsive, and, as expected, played a great selection of music with only general guidance from us. In addition to being a great DJ, he was very easy to get a hold of, unlike most wedding vendors, and talk to when you needed information or had questions. That made the booking process much easier! His equipment was great, and he was ready to provide sound amplification for the ceremony at the last minute if we said we needed it. Also, he brought all of his own equipment with him in the event that some of the outdoor electric sockets did not work properly (and some of them did not at our venue). As he states on his website, he really is a very professional, tasteful DJ that we were proud to have at our wedding.

Services Used: DJ

Ed is the most delightful person to work with! I had complete control over the music played, and the day of the wedding I was not worried at all about things going as planned.....Ed is very organized and responsible and I knew I had nothing to worry about. He made sure every single detail was accounted for, and I am so glad I chose him to do the ceremony and the reception music. He was not tacky at all * which was my number one concern with the DJ for the wedding...I didn't want obnoxious comments and cheesy music* Ed had everything timed perfectly and made it not only an extremely classy event, but the most fun I have ever had in my life! Every song was played at the correct time, and every guest commented on what great music we had. I am glad I trusted Ed with the most important day of my life, it turned out better than I could have ever imagined!!! He is spectacular!

Services Used: DJ

Ed Witles of The Elegant DJ provided a superb service for our wedding! We had Ed for our reception only. We sent him a "sample" playlist and he took our ideas and made it even better. We told him, "just keep people dancing" and he did! The music was awesome. My parents commented on how good the music was. I'll never forget watching my husband's grandmother do the Thriller dance. On another note Ed's setup is very small and unobtrusive. You barely notice it's there, and he doesn't do any silly announcements. He didn't need to urge people onto the dance floor because the music was so good that people went on their own.

2+ years ago

This DJ was excellent. Most of the songs I requested were played at the reception and all genres were mixed beautifully. The crowd loved everything and were dancing the night away. His introductions were lively and flawless. I would highly recommend the Elegant DJ for any event.