DJs To Go

DJs To Go

Upscale and Fun Wedding DJs at a reasoanble price.

901A North Pacific Coast Hwy. #200

Value:
Flexibility:
(4.5 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Tim was great, he was fun without being crazy and stupid. Just right for us. Everybody danced all night. My mom loved Tim the best, she was kinda in charge of most things. She said Tim always answered the phone right away or called back very quickly if she left a message. She said he was definitely the most organized of all our wedding vendors. She said she never had to worry about Tim doing what he was supposed to do. Seems like there are lots of flakes in the word these days. Reliability took some of the wedding stress out of it for my mom.

• Wedding: 04/05/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

DJs To Go was a great choice, excellent bang for the buck! Not too much to say, we used an inexpensive package. We talked with our DJ, Joel, on the phone and organized a few things. He showed up and played. We drank, we danced, we all had tons of fun. A++

• Wedding: 03/07/2014
2.2/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 2.0
  • Responsiveness: 3.0
  • Professionalism: 3.0
  • Value: 2.0
  • Flexibility: 1.0

I believe DJs To Go employ several DJs; I cannot speak for all of them but unfortunately, I can say that our experience with Matt Short was far from ideal.
He seemed ok when we first met with him but I got the impression that was far more interested in talking about himself than he was hearing what my husband and I were looking for in a DJ for our wedding. He didn’t seem to grasp the fact that we were paying him – not the other way around.

I will say that Matt arrived early and everything was set up flawlessly. However, he played EVERY “event song” late! When the ceremony finished and we were ready to walk back up the aisle, there was no music! I had to “give him a look” and then he pressed play! The same thing happened for our first dance!

We had a buffet dinner (a very nice one ☺); during our first meeting Matt told us that he would announce the start of dinner to people and say that he’ll let each table know when they can go up to the buffet so people weren’t stuck waiting in line – which sounded good to us. But when he made this announcement he was rather rude, he said “the buffet is ready. Do NOT go up until I release your table. Do NOT go up until I release your table”. I overheard a few guests making comments about his choice of words and his tone, which was a little heart breaking – of course you don’t want your guests to have any complaints let alone one that you agree with.

DJs To Go responded with the following comments:

Carissa Wilson and Malcolm Holmes, let's use this as a "teachable moment" and help you develop some people skills, communication skills & common sense. If you have a problem please call me to discuss the issues sanely. I e-mailed you 3 times & called 5 times. You called back once. Please, no more nasty messages. :-(

Soooo... here we go.

Because you created your own problems and have a very unrealistic level of expectation, I was hoping to handle this privately so you wouldn't look like fools. Since you won't call or e-mail back in a sane tone, I guess it has to be public. I did a great deal of research and and found the following.

1. DJ meetings: Matt met with you two times. You bought the cheapest DJ package we offer. No meeting time was included. Matt gave you about $600 of free DJ time. How much did your best friend give you?

Please don't bash him for helping you and being accommodating. Beyond the unrealistic complaints, you had a great wedding. You gave Matt a big hug at the end. He did a great job. Give him a 4.5.

2. DJ talked about himself at meetings: Again, met with you when he didn't have to. You asked questions about past weddings. So, yes, he did talk about his past events, and experiences. BUT, you asked him.

3. You hired an officiate that prides herself on her super quiet voice and she won't use a mic. Matt couldn't hear her or you. Your ceremony was structured like a football huddle (circle), Matt couldn't see you. Because you created an unworkable situation, he didn't know when to start the music. You rendered him deaf and blind. In this case, yes, you have to tell him when to push play.

4. You had to tell him to start the songs: Yes, he's not psychic. The delay was less than a second. Really...? No more coffee.

4. DJ tone: Yes, Matt had to be blunt. Your guests extremely drunk. They didn't listen when he was polite.

5. Feel free to call me... politely.

310 798 8711
timb@877djstogo.com

• Wedding: 09/14/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Tim is the best DJ! He was professional, had a great voice and personality, and played the music that kept the party going. Even with the age variety everyone was dancing and complimented him. Highly recommended!!!

Thanks!

• Wedding: 08/03/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We used Tim from DJs To Go at our wedding, and we received a high quality service. Tim was a delight to work with and played all the songs we requested. He played not only songs requested for the ceremony but for the cocktail hour, reception and the whole night through the wedding. My guests were so happy with the music, the dance floor was never empty! We had so much fun dancing thanks to DJs To Go.
Tim was also very good on the microphone. He was very good with guiding the crowd all through the night. We had a few stations for dinner and he successfully guided everyone to find each station. I am very pleased with how the whole day turned out. I recommend DJs To Go to anyone.

DJs To Go responded with the following comments:

Thanks Mya and Giorgo, the wedding was great fun!!!!!

• Wedding: 08/23/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Tim was the DJ at a wedding I officiated at tonight, and he was such a pleasure to work with!

As an officiant, it is critical that the DJ is able to coordinate sound and music accurately to flow with the wedding ceremony. Tim was one step ahead of my questions! It is so refreshing to work with someone so professional and personable!

I stayed for the reception, and Tim emceed the event with passion and finesse! I can tell the families were truly entertained and happy with him and his great energy!

I really hope to work with Tim again soon! He is a great compliment to all wedding vendors.

I highly recommend DJs to Go and Tim Benter!

Best,
Arielle Haze (LA Wedding Woman)

DJs To Go responded with the following comments:

Arielle, thanks, it was a pleasure working with you. You were very professional but personable with the brides and grooms! I highly recommend you.

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Private User
1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I heartily recommend the services of Tim at DJs to Go. From our initial meeting, to answering follow up questions, to setting up the final details, Tim was professional and CLEARLY knew what he was doing. He was the perfect fit for our diverse group of guests at our wedding. Somehow he had everyone from our grandparents to our college friends out on the dance floor having a great time. He played all the right songs and was an AMAZING master of ceremonies. We could not have asked for more!!

DJs To Go responded with the following comments:

Thank you very much for the great feedback.

• Wedding: 07/14/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

EXCELLENT. Everything was smooth, we had a great night. Everything was handled as palnned.

Linda,
Thanks to you too for being on top of the planning too!

• Wedding: 05/05/2012
Linda
1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We used Frank Rivera, he was great. He played both Spanish and English music for us. Nice guy, great fun, highly recommended. It was my daughter's Qiunce.

Viva Frank :-)

• Wedding: 04/07/2012
4.7/5.0
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 4.0

Tim the owner of DJs To Go was a great value for his services. He was able to meet all of our demands and requests, including multiple slide shows and a very intricate "rap" speech given by the best man, groom and good friend of groom. He even played all of our requested songs even though he had a slight hesitation in playing one or two of them due to the song titles (but it was our grandparents fav song so we had to play it). Overall, we enjoyed him as DJ and he definitely has the ability to effectively MC a wedding efficiently and effectively -- BTW, this is a huge plus for a wedding that is spread out and requires a lot of transition from their guests! Thanks Tim!

• Wedding: 04/23/2011
4.9/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Tim from DJs to go made the whole process easy and has no problems meeting several times with us before the wedding to make sure we were on top of things. He dressed smart and was professional throughout.

I can't tell you too much about the wedding day music as it was all a blur, but all the important things happened on cue, the music volume was good. We had a slight issue with a microphone cutting in and out - but i believe it was the venue's mic and not Tims and so out of his control sadly.

Most importantly, my guests had a great time, the dance floor was never empty and i think Tim filled in the blanks with our musical tastes quite well. He did struggle to get the attention of my guests during some announcements, but that could simply have been the raucous nature of my guests having a blast!!

For the pricing, you can't go wrong.

• Wedding: 12/30/2010
3.4/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Responsiveness: 2.0
  • Professionalism: 3.0
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 4.0

DJs to GO are great for their price. For our January 2010 wedding, we worked with Matt Short. Matt had done our friend's wedding in March so we had already heard him DJ. He was fun and laid back. Matt really worked with us and followed our song suggestions -- granted we did have a pretty detailed list of party music and dinner music that we wanted played. My only MAJOR complaint is that he messed up the first dance song...who messes up the first dance song!!?

• Wedding: 01/30/2010
Laura
  • Flexibility: 5.0

As I did my research on the internet, I found that DJs to Go had a very nice price package for what they offered. I was in contact with Tim, the owner, and he set me up with one of his djs that he felt would fit our style. We met our dj for coffee and hit it off instantly. A few weeks before the wedding, we met up again to go over the details of the wedding. When the day arrived, I could not have been more relaxed because I knew that everything was going to fantastic. The music he played pre-ceremony was along the lines we discussed. To hear the music that we always hoped to hear was great, and his interaction with our guests was fantastic as well. If any of my friends are getting married, you bet I will refer them to DJs to Go. Joe Farley was our dj and he was great. :D He totally gauged the guests and played the right music at the right time. It was a total blast!!

• Wedding: 11/07/2009
4.3/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 4.5

Our DJ was professional and friendly. He was flexible with playing our music and we supplied him with songs he did not have available. We didn't want the typical wedding songs so we provided him and requested specific music.

• Wedding: 08/08/2009
310-798-8711
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards