Davids Bridal

Davids Bridal

Favorite
Hampton, VA
757.827.0361
Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

3.9
Quality of Service
Responsiveness
3.8
Professionalism
Value
4.2
Flexibility

I had a great experience at this David's Bridal. I have heard many horror stories about David's but I was pleasantly surprised. My mother, sister, and niece accompanied me to my appointment for a wedding dress. We were greeted at the door, the atmosphere was very pleasant. My consultant congratulated me on my engagement and then proceeded to ask me if I knew what type of styles I was interested in. Being a well prepared bride to be, I pulled out my phone with all of my favorites saved on it. Once in the dressing room she began bringing each dress to me that they had in the store which were on my favorites list. When I tried on the second dress I fell in love. She continued to bring other dresses but I knew at the end, the second dress was the one for me. When I put the second dress back on she found a tiara and veil that matched. The veil she picked looked like it was made for that dress. The the water works started and I rang the bell. My mother and my sister both had chairs to sit in. My niece was even allowed in the dressing room while I tried on a couple of gowns. I received exceptional service. Hopefully the same consultant will be available for my bridesmaids.

[Private]
4.7

I went to David's Bridal in VA while I was visiting family with my mom. It was a spur of the moment trip and the service was amazing! Elizabeth the store manager was more than accommodating and went above and beyond to make me happy.

4.3

Very happy with the dress I chose, and the store was very flexible when I changed my dress decision two months before the wedding. Loved the fit, the alterations department was easy to work with, and the staff helped me feel like a princess for my special day.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

I had heard the horror stories of David's, like so many others have heard. However, my experience was mostly a pleasant one. Caitlin was my stylist and was extremely helpful in finding my dress. She spent a lot of time with me and my family to find the perfect dress. It was beautiful and way under my budget, which she definitely kept in mind as she helped select the dresses I would try on. She even helped me a month later choose bridesmaids dresses for my girls. All five of my bridesmaids bought their dresses here and had wonderful experiences with the staff.

When I went back for alterations, Christine was wonderful. She spent 2 hours with me pinning my dress to make it fit me perfectly. Her alterations were done beautifully as well. My final fitting was done by a different woman, who played on her phone the majority of the time. Besides that one person, the rest of the staff is extremely helpful. An older woman helped me select my shoes and searched through the back of the store to find my size. A few days before my wedding, I even had Christine steam my dress to get the wrinkles out, without charge. She did a wonderful job of making sure my dress looked perfect for my wedding.

2.7

I had arranged an appointment at least a week prior but when I arrived, my consultant told me she was the only one working, was helping 2 other brides and if I wanted to just grab dresses and try them on that would be fine. I would have appreciated an offer to reschedule but she walked away to help another bride before I could discuss it. Thankfully I had a friend with me to help carry dresses and lace me into them or I would have been forced to leave. We were checked on once the entire time by the consultant. I didn't purchase my dress here, but did purchase a corset during another visit. I had to ask about a return policy before they mentioned the item was non-returnable (good thing I asked! they had my card already in hand!) I didn't expect boutique service but it wasn't a pleasant wedding shopping experience.

Recently Married
2.9

They did "squeeze" me in the day I called for a 5 o'clock fitting when I arrived I got there early around 430, since they "squeezed" me in I didn't want to stress anyone out.. I ended up waiting until about 5:10 to try on the dress that I had picked out while waiting.. there was 1 customer that came in to just pick up an altered dress the entire time I waited while 4 employees sat behind the counter.. I waited for 40 minutes for them to clock out and a new shift to come in. It took me 10 minutes to try the dress on and pick that one.. any of the 4 employees just standing there could have done it.. wasn't a good experience.. wouldn't go back.

3.8

Really is the cheapest place to find bridesmaid dresses that aren't online only vendors. Did not have the best service at one of the Richmond store- would go to this location over that location any day.

Recently Married

I found the perfect dress with the help of Felicia. She was extremely helpful and patient as I was not 100% on any of it until she decided to add a sash to the dress. It was flawless. I appreciate everything they did for me and the dress was beautiful. I got it in half the time they said it would take. I wouldnt have changed vendors for anything.

3.2

I am extremely pleased with my dress, veil, corset, bridesmaid dresses, and slip. However, the attitudes here are awful. We walked in with no appointment (wasn't going to originally try anything on, just look) and a lady said "let me know if I can get a fitting room for you!" so my girls decided to go ahead and pick some dresses to try on. All of a sudden, another lady approaches us as though we're about to steal 12+ dresses(I had 6 bridesmaids-each one had 2 or 3), and asks if we have an appointment. We told her no, but another lady said we could try stuff on. She was very nasty and told us no. We asked to speak to a manager and while we were speaking to the manager, the nasty lady was over at the counter watching and talking about us. Will not be returning because of the service rendered.

3.6

My dress was gorgeous and everyone at this location was very nice and very helpful. But I was very unhappy when I went to try on my dress for the second time to get my alterations completed and the dress wasn't even close to fitting me. And no i had not gained weight! If anything I had lost a little from the stress of the wedding planning. :) But anyway. I had tried on a size 8 in the store and it was a little too big so that is the size we ordered that day. No one ever measured me or anything first. So the dress comes in, I store it away till my alterations appointment, I go in, I try it on, my maid of honor who was there with me the first time as well says uh we have a problem. Didn't even come close to fitting! No one understood why. The only thing we could think of was that 1. it wasn't a size 8 I tried on the first time like they said or 2. They didn't send me a size 8 like they said. Needless to say we ended up spending over 500.00 in alterations to add a corset for this dress to fit me and to include the hemming and bustling and all that. So my advice: make sure you get measured your FIRST time there before you order anything. but like I said the ladies were all very nice and very helpful during my process.

0.7

This company is the worst wedding store I have been to (and I have been to many different locations in different countries -Canada, USA and Puerto Rico).
When I was at first planning my wedding, I wanted to book an appointment at one of the locations, I was told I would have to wait for at least a month. Once I finally got an appointment and came, I was made to wait for 30 minutes and I was given a stylist who already had a bride with her. Neither me nor the other bride were happy waiting half naked in the fitting room while she was helping the other one. Needless to say, I did not buy my dress at your store. Recently, I've decided to give David's Bridal another chance by ordering my bridesmaids' gifts through their website. Yet another disappointment. I have placed an order on express shipping and I was told it would arrive in a week. It came 3 weeks later and completely missed my wedding. I was left without bridesmaids' gifts. Both my sister and my maid of honour were with me through these experiences. They were so appalled with my experiences that they have both decided not to even consider David's Bridal for their wedding since I had such a bitter experience.
I would not recommend against going to David's Bridal. You are stressed out enough with other wedding stuff - you do not need any added stress.

Services Used: Dress & Attire, Favors & Gifts
3.7

I've had mixed experiences here. Sometimes the staff is wonderful and yet other times people seem like they don't care that you're there trying to give them business. It seems to depend on who is there and if it is busy. There were times I went in the store and everyone there seemed to be busy helping other people. I just stood there until someone finally realized that there was someone waiting to be helped. They must have walked by me ten times before anyone even acknowledged me. However other times they were amazing and I couldn't believe the level of customer service I was getting it was fantastic!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

I found my dress at David's Bridal and fell in love with it. Since it was a corset back I didn't in need of any alterations but I was going to get the bustle put in. I was a little upset when I went to have that done because I was shown a different bustle when I purchased the dress then what was shown to me when I went back for a final fitting. I ended up not having the bustle done because I couldn't see spending the amount of money they were asking for a bustle that made the back of my dress look ugly. Luckily my dress didn't have a ridiculously long train and it was manageable to just pick it up and carry it when the partying got started.

1+ year ago

I loved the woman who helped me find my dress, Judy. They were also able to set me up with an appointment on pretty late notice and have me a lot of individualized time. Overall there service is a dream compared to the David's Bridal in Springfield, VA. The only problem I had here is that they told me I could wait and pick up my accessories all at the same time as my dress but when my bra and slip cane in early they told me I had to get them within a week. I suspect that it was just an uninformed person who called me about the undergarments.

4.7

Yea, they can be a bit pricey but honestly they have the biggest selection and can fit just about any budget.

4.7

David's bridal was very affordable with great quality dresses.