Davids Bridal

(3.9/5.0)

Sort By:

• Value:  4.0

Private User 3 Reviews
I went to David's Bridal in VA while I was visiting family with my mom. It was a spur of the moment trip and the service was amazing! Elizabeth the store manager was more than accommodating and went above and beyond to make me happy.
Wedding: [Private]
3.8/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  2.5
  • Professionalism:  3.0

Private User 2 Reviews
Really is the cheapest place to find bridesmaid dresses that aren't online only vendors. Did not have the best service at one of the Richmond store- would go to this location over that location any day.
Wedding: [Private]

Private User 2 Reviews
I found the perfect dress with the help of Felicia. She was extremely helpful and patient as I was not 100% on any of it until she decided to add a sash to the dress. It was flawless. I appreciate everything they did for me and the dress was beautiful. I got it in half the time they said it would take. I wouldnt have changed vendors for anything.
Wedding: Recently Married
3.2/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  2.5
  • Responsiveness:  2.5
  • Professionalism:  1.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I am extremely pleased with my dress, veil, corset, bridesmaid dresses, and slip. However, the attitudes here are awful. We walked in with no appointment (wasn't going to originally try anything on, just look) and a lady said "let me know if I can get a fitting room for you!" so my girls decided to go ahead and pick some dresses to try on. All of a sudden, another lady approaches us as though we're about to steal 12+ dresses(I had 6 bridesmaids-each one had 2 or 3), and asks if we have an appointment. We told her no, but another lady said we could try stuff on. She was very nasty and told us no. We asked to speak to a manager and while we were speaking to the manager, the nasty lady was over at the counter watching and talking about us. Will not be returning because of the service rendered.
Wedding: 07/19/2014
3.6/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  3.0
  • Responsiveness:  3.0
  • Professionalism:  3.0
  • Value:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
My dress was gorgeous and everyone at this location was very nice and very helpful. But I was very unhappy when I went to try on my dress for the second time to get my alterations completed and the dress wasn't even close to fitting me. And no i had not gained weight! If anything I had lost a little from the stress of the wedding planning. :) But anyway. I had tried on a size 8 in the store and it was a little too big so that is the size we ordered that day. No one ever measured me or anything first. So the dress comes in, I store it away till my alterations appointment, I go in, I try it on, my maid of honor who was there with me the first time as well says uh we have a problem. Didn't even come close to fitting! No one understood why. The only thing we could think of was that 1. it wasn't a size 8 I tried on the first time like they said or 2. They didn't send me a size 8 like they said. Needless to say we ended up spending over 500.00 in alterations to add a corset for this dress to fit me and to include the hemming and bustling and all that. So my advice: make sure you get measured your FIRST time there before you order anything. but like I said the ladies were all very nice and very helpful during my process.
Wedding: 06/07/2014
0.7/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  0.0
  • Responsiveness:  0.5
  • Professionalism:  0.5
  • Value:  2.0
  • Flexibility:  0.5
This company is the worst wedding store I have been to (and I have been to many different locations in different countries -Canada, USA and Puerto Rico).
When I was at first planning my wedding, I wanted to book an appointment at one of the locations, I was told I would have to wait for at least a month. Once I finally got an appointment and came, I was made to wait for 30 minutes and I was given a stylist who already had a bride with her. Neither me nor the other bride were happy waiting half naked in the fitting room while she was helping the other one. Needless to say, I did not buy my dress at your store. Recently, I've decided to give David's Bridal another chance by ordering my bridesmaids' gifts through their website. Yet another disappointment. I have placed an order on express shipping and I was told it would arrive in a week. It came 3 weeks later and completely missed my wedding. I was left without bridesmaids' gifts. Both my sister and my maid of honour were with me through these experiences. They were so appalled with my experiences that they have both decided not to even consider David's Bridal for their wedding since I had such a bitter experience.
I would not recommend against going to David's Bridal. You are stressed out enough with other wedding stuff - you do not need any added stress.
Wedding: 02/01/2014
Services Used: Dress & Attire, Favors & Gifts
3.7/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  3.5
  • Responsiveness:  3.5
  • Professionalism:  3.5

Private User 2 Reviews
I've had mixed experiences here. Sometimes the staff is wonderful and yet other times people seem like they don't care that you're there trying to give them business. It seems to depend on who is there and if it is busy. There were times I went in the store and everyone there seemed to be busy helping other people. I just stood there until someone finally realized that there was someone waiting to be helped. They must have walked by me ten times before anyone even acknowledged me. However other times they were amazing and I couldn't believe the level of customer service I was getting it was fantastic!
Wedding: Recently Married
4.9/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I found my dress at David's Bridal and fell in love with it. Since it was a corset back I didn't in need of any alterations but I was going to get the bustle put in. I was a little upset when I went to have that done because I was shown a different bustle when I purchased the dress then what was shown to me when I went back for a final fitting. I ended up not having the bustle done because I couldn't see spending the amount of money they were asking for a bustle that made the back of my dress look ugly. Luckily my dress didn't have a ridiculously long train and it was manageable to just pick it up and carry it when the partying got started.
Wedding: 11/16/2013
4.4/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.5
  • Responsiveness:  4.5
  • Value:  4.5

Private User 4 Reviews
I loved the woman who helped me find my dress, Judy. They were also able to set me up with an appointment on pretty late notice and have me a lot of individualized time. Overall there service is a dream compared to the David's Bridal in Springfield, VA. The only problem I had here is that they told me I could wait and pick up my accessories all at the same time as my dress but when my bra and slip cane in early they told me I had to get them within a week. I suspect that it was just an uninformed person who called me about the undergarments.

Private User 5 Reviews
Yea, they can be a bit pricey but honestly they have the biggest selection and can fit just about any budget.
  • Flexibility:  4.5
David's bridal was very affordable with great quality dresses.
Wedding: 07/06/2013
4.5/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  3.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
David's Bridal gives you that experience you want to have when looking for your gown. But they have beautiful and affordable gowns. My only quam with them (and pretty much every bridal gown shop) is that they have several gowns advertised but won't have them in the shop available to try on. But I got the best deal on my gown. I also like that if they have the gown in the store, you can buy that one and not have to worry about ordering it. :)
Wedding: 05/22/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
They listened to what I said and brought me the dress that took my breath away. Very reasonably priced. Quick alterations and streaming
Wedding: 05/04/2013
4.2/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  4.0

Anonymous 5 Reviews
The dress was beautiful and the price was unbeatable!
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I have been to at least 3 David's Bridal during my wedding dress hunt and the one in Hampton VA outdid them ALL!!! My 1st wedding dress appointment was in Dallas TX, February 2012. It was over crowded and I felt as if I was just another number. My 2nd wedding dress appointment was in Bowie, MD-again, I felt as if I was just another number in the crowd. My 3rd wedding dress appointment was in Hampton, VA where I was treated as if I was the only customer in the store. Buying a wedding dress is a very emotional experience. Even more so when my mother and immediate family was in TX, my bridesmaids in TX, GA, and NJ, and I in MD. Thankfully, my grandmothers and aunts lived in Yorktown, VA and was able to be with me on my appointment in Hampton, VA. The sales consultant who met me on 12/15 to find my wedding dress made me feel so important. She understood how nervous I was and helped me sort through the long list of dresses I found on the DB website. The alterations were done in Bowie MD and the alterations staff there was amazing...I couldn't have asked for a better group of ladies to be there helping me decide what changes to make since we needed to let the dress out a little bit.

As if the Hampton DB store hadn't gone above and beyond already, when I came in to have my bridesmaid learn how to lace up the back of my dress and how to bustle my dress appropriately an incident happened where the dress RIPPED! To my surprise the alterations team not only fixed the rip that day but didn't charge me either!!! DB at Hampton VA went above and beyond in so many ways I honestly cannot thank them enough!!!
Wedding: 04/20/2013
3.3/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  3.5
  • Responsiveness:  3.0
  • Professionalism:  3.5
  • Flexibility:  3.0

Anonymous 5 Reviews
Good service. Nothing above and beyond.
 757-827-0361
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire