Claudia Lutman Events

Claudia Lutman Events

Metro Detroit, MI 48009
The owner has indicated they are no longer in business.

Quality of Service:
(4.9 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
(4.8 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Claudia is a rainmaker of wedding planners - she takes a vision that seems too magical to be true and makes it happen. In my case, she had a set of challenges to overcome - an outdoor wedding at a Texan ranch (she's based in DC), request for an open tent to see the stars (but what if it rains?) and a bride and groom who were accomplished gourmets (any food would be driven for 2 hours from Dallas and prepared in a truck). She handled these obstacles with wit, creativity and a smile. In case of rain, she found an unusual clear tent through which the lights shone like stars. She found a top notch caterer trained in a French/Moroccan style who produced dishes like steak with fig marmalade and watermelon feta salad. It was simply divine. At the end of the wedding, our friends asked us if we could get married every year - and when the last bus to the hotels was announced, everyone yelled, "We don't care!" under the starlight.

• Wedding: 10/15/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had been debating wedding dates for some time and, when we finally picked the date we wanted, it was a mere 6 weeks away. We were referred to Claudia by a good friend whose wedding we had attended a few years earlier. We were told, “if you want a first-class affair, go with Claudia.” We could not have been more pleased with the way the wedding turned out. In 6 weeks, Claudia created a magical night for us that looked like it had been planned over the course of a year – the ambiance was perfect, the linens, candles, flowers and tent decorations were exactly what we had wanted. Claudia managed the vendors and kept the momentum of the evening moving forward. She thought of every little detail and made sure it was executed perfectly – quite a feat in such a short time frame. We really appreciated all of Claudia’s hard work and never could have pulled off such a spectacular event without her.

• Wedding: 06/18/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

First off, we would like to thank Claudia for everything that she has done for us! Nothing would have been possible without her!!

Claudia did such an amazing job!!! When working with Claudia, we felt like she was our best friend! Every time we had a question or concern, she was ALWAYS there to answer it. Her professionalism was outstanding!!! She is very organized and only wants the best for her brides!!

Claudia was wonderful handling concerns and budgeting with all of the vendors. Claudia was able to save us a lot of money!! We don't know how she did it, but all we know is the day of our wedding, we didn't have to worry about anything!!!! Everything was smooth. She was by our side every step of the way!! She made our wedding look like a million dollar wedding on a low budget. Not too many wedding planners can do that!!

Claudia is also very knowledgeable about the etiquette of weddings. I learned so much from her and saw how important having the right etiquette is for your wedding.

Our wedding turned out so great, that some of our friends plan on using Claudia for their wedding!! We are sad to see all the planning come to an end, but we are so happy with how everything turned out!!! We highly recommend Claudia to any bride!! You will not be disappointed!!!

• Wedding: 03/20/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I am nominating Claudia Lutman (DC area) as the best wedding planner ever.

1) Claudia is incredibly organized: she took care of all the planning while I was traveling in Africa and had everything run incredibly smoothly. Our wedding occured during one of the biggest snowstorms we've had this year and I did not even know that our MC had cancelled a couple of hours before the wedding because Claudia already had a replacement lined up. While I was freaking out because of the storm she handled everything with calm and good nature.

2) She is very creative and has great taste: our wedding was GEORGEOUS. To this day (4 months later), our guests still go on and on about how classy and beautiful and amazing it was.

3) She goes beyond expectations to help with anything a bride might need, i.e. picking up and sending my keys to me while I was on my honeymoon after I forgot them in my hotel room or offering to find a nanny for a friend who could not make it to the wedding because her nanny had cancelled on her. Months after the wedding, she is always available to answer questions I might have.

Claudia is just wonderful and I would recommend her to any bride-to-be.

• Wedding: 01/30/2010
4.7/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 4.5

My wedding turned out more beautiful than I even expected. The ceremony and reception all tied together prefectly. Claudia provide structure without being pushy. When it came to the wedding day I didn't have to worry about anything, everything was already taken care of.

• Wedding: 05/16/2009
4.6/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 4.0

Claudia took our ideas and exponded on them, creating a wedding that we could never have thought of on our own. Her vendors were courteous and professional with services beyond our expectations.

• Wedding: 05/16/2009
4.6/5.0
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 4.0

I worked with Claudia for over 14 months. She was a delight to work with, had wonderful, creative ideas for my bi-cultural wedding (Indian & Christian), and all of our friends and family continue to rave about how well things went and what a memorable event our wedding was. We didn't have the easiest of weddings because of its complexity in fusing two cultures, our large numbers, and the fact that Hurricane Hanna decended upon our outdoor ceremony and cocktails. Claudia worked hard, in the rain to give us the best wedding possible in those conditions - and it was all so fabulous. She pulled together some great vendors who were absolutely professional and great at what they did. She also independently created a beautifully decorated tent for my Sangeet, where woman could feel like they were in India getting their henna done. She is all about creating a wonderful atmosphere for the bride and the guests.

• Wedding: 09/06/2008
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Claudia Lutman is the best planner in the DC metro area. She is smart, professional and the best for any event. She made sure that my wedding was everything I ever wanted and much, much more. Thanks to Claudia Lutman my wedding was perfect. Everything was well organized, beautiful, elegant and tasteful. Claudia Lutman has a unique way of creating sophistication, romance and class. A Claudia Lutman event is truly smart and simple. While keeping the bride in mind, she has the talent to create a beautiful event that will satisfy the bride, groom, families and guests. I strongly recommend Claudia for any event that needs planning. I don’t know what I would have done without her. She is truly wonderful.

Nancy Florentino Blair

• Wedding: 05/25/2008
Services Used: Band, Beauty & Health, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Dress & Attire, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Invitations, Officiant, Photography, Transportation, Videography, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
4.9/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I live our of town, so my mother took care of all of the coordination and details of the wedding planning, but it was important that we have someone to carry out our vision on the actual wedding day. Claudia did a great job of bringing it all together for us. She worked with all of our vendors to pull off an amazing day!

• Wedding: 10/07/2007

Rating: A+

Perfect score. 100%. We hired Claudia for complete planning and it was best money we spent on the wedding besides the license! I (seriously) must have called her 30X a week. She planned things down to the tiniest details, kept us in budget, and was extremely creative and organized. Plus, she's totally fun!

I wholeheartedly recommend Claudia to plan any wedding. I know that ours was taken to a completely different level of design and organization solely because of her tireless work. I enjoyed our day so much more because I knew I didn't have to take care of ANYTHING. It really says something when you trust someone so completely that you let them take over the biggest day of your life. :)

We have recommended her to our friends and their wedding was also completely and utterly gorgeous. Go Claudia!

• Wedding: 09/08/2007
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Claudia created our wedding experience to be far beyond our expectations, which she clearly conveyed that we absolutely deserved for our day! She is a sophisticated professional whose warm personality and obvious expertise easily enabled us to trust that she would take care of everything. And, we were not disappointed!

• Wedding: 11/04/2006
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Claudia was an exceptional wedding coordinator. At first I didn't think that I would need a wedding coordinator, but I am so glad that my husband talked me into getting one. Claudia was professional, organized, and very knowledgeable. I don't know what I would have done without her. I think she went above and beyond; she provided timelines, made sure my vendors were on time, provided emotional support, she made sure that I didn't have to worry about anything. I was really impressed with her on the day of the wedding. My minister was late and I didn't know it until the last minute. She helped the bridesmaids; she assisted the men with their boutonnieres, she helped set up the decorations, she picked up the flowers; she picked out a cake stand that was gorgeous. I cannot thank or sing her praises enough. I would recommend Claudia Lutman to anyone.

• Wedding: 07/01/2006
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I just wanted to tell you thank you for everything you did for the wedding. The wedding was beautiful and perfect and it would not have been that way without your help. I love you and I'm glad you were there for me.

• Wedding: 11/12/2005
248-563-8574
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire