cheris cakes and cookies

(3.8 / 5.0)
4.6/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 4.0

Got my cake 2 weeks before wedding and it turned out amazingly beautiful! The caked also tasted amazing I live their chocolate cake super moist and not too rich.

• Wedding: 06/15/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My wedding cake was so beautiful and exactly what I had pictured! Her cakes and cookies are some of the best tasting around! During the first meeting they really worked with me to come up with a design that would work for me. They really seemed to know what they were doing and I walked out of there feeling very confident in my decision to go with them. I also had my cookie favors made there and they were so delicious! I would definitely recommend Cheri's Bakery to other Brides!

• Wedding: 05/21/2011
Services Used: Favors & Gifts, Wedding Cake
2.4/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 3.0
  • Responsiveness: 2.0
  • Professionalism: 1.0
  • Flexibility: 1.0

Her cakes are delicious, but her bed-side manner leaves a lot to be desired. Every other vendor was fun, friendly, and responsive to our desires. But not Cheri; she is a very difficult person to work with, and at times, just downright rude. Not sure the spice cake was worth it.

While I am happy there are some very positive reviews posted here, the word in the wedding community is to stay away. I wish we had known that before we had ventured too far in to back out. Just so you know, I am a 50+ year old mother-of-the-bride, with the expectation of being treated with courtesy.

• Wedding: 10/16/2010
1.8/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 1.0
  • Responsiveness: 1.0
  • Professionalism: 1.0
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 2.0

The cake was delicious, there is no doubt about that. HOWEVER, from meeting one and on, Cheri was not easy to work with. At all. Several times I regretted choosing this place, and thought about continuing work elsewhere, but kept hoping she'd surprise me, and come through. I do not bake cakes, so I have no idea what's what. This is where I expected her help, and she could barely give it to me. Each meeting was a waste of time. Also, she had told me she would get in touch with me, and she never did. She also refused to put the cake topper on. When I saw my cake on my wedding day, I was REALLY disappointed, because it looked like a million other cakes she had done before. I wanted something vintage glam, something breathtaking. . .At least it was delicious. Worth it? I'm not sure. You decide.

• Wedding: 10/16/2010
4.1/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Value: 3.0
  • Flexibility: 4.0

Our cake was gorgeous and they created the look that I wanted. It was also delicious! It did seem a bit pricey though, but worth it if it all gets eaten I suppose. At times it was difficult to get questions answered over the phone.

• Wedding: 01/16/2010
4.8/5.0
  • Flexibility: 4.0

My Halloween wedding was quickly approaching when we ordered the cake. In fact, we only had one day left to book the cake before the deadline. The day before, I finally came up with my idea for a spider cake topper. At our consultation Cheri's staff suggested what I already knew I wanted, my spiders to wear a veil and top hat. The webs and spiders were fabulous. The only drawback was that the later in the day our delivery fell, the more it cost. That's probably the same everywhere. I loved the cake!

• Wedding: 10/31/2009
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Cheri's Cakes did an incredible job for my beautiful wedding cake ! I simply provided a magazine picture of what I had in mind for form, and a swatch of material for color, and she matched it perfectly. The cake was four tiers, and absolutely stunning. There were oohs and ahhs at the breath-taking beauty of this exquisite cake, and it brought an immediate tear to my eye ! It was far more lovely than I had even hoped it would be. Not only was it so beautiful, but the chocolate and spice layers were wonderfully tasty, everyone agreed. I am happy to provide an outstanding recommendation for Cheri's Cakes !

• Wedding: 09/19/2009
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Great cake!...beautiful too! My cake was delicious and absolutely beautiful!!! I love the smell and atmosphere of this shop. I have since been in several times to buy cakes for various family events....great job Cheri!

• Wedding: 08/08/2009
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The cake was absolutely perfect! It was just like the picture I showed them. And...there was not a single piece left over at the end of the night!

• Wedding: 09/13/2008
3.3/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 3.0
  • Professionalism: 3.0
  • Value: 3.5
  • Flexibility: 2.0

Her cake was the best tasting we found and she was the most creative in her design so we chose her, however she was difficult to deal with, not flexible about the delivery options on the date of the wedding, and generally snobbish. If you want a delicious cake then this place is the best! If you want customer service: RUN!

• Wedding: 10/12/2007
4.7/5.0
  • Value: 3.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

they were amazing!!! we had no problems with them. all we did was pick out what cake we wanted and they took care of everything else. they contacted the reception venue and took care of all delivery and set up. the cake was beautiful and delicious!!!

• Wedding: 09/14/2007