Cameo Cakes

Wichita, KS View map

We are a family owned business for over 50 years. With the addition of our daughter Amy, We are currently a Third generation bakery and a total of over 70 years experience to produce some of the best tasting cakes in Wichita.

My Mother Elaine Prather founded Cameo Cakes in 1967 when she began doing cakes out of her home for friends and family. In 1972 she converted a two-car garage behind their house into Wichita's first specialty cake shop. In 1976 My dad Bob was laid off at a local aircraft plant so my mom taught him how to bake cakes and soon became the baker which left more time for Mom to decorate and to take more classes to perfect her decorating skills.

In 1979 they opened a 2nd shop in Wichita at Central and Woodlawn in the Normandy Shopping Center. The store did so well they opened a third store on the west side of town. They soon closed the store behind the house and purchased another store on east Douglas.
In 1983 the company was turned over to Me (Rick) and my wife Vicki who was both taught to bake and decorate by Bob and Elaine. Dad passed away in 1993 but occasionally you can still catch Mom at the store making sure things are still done the way she intended (a great looking cake that taste's as good as it looks).

Our pricing starts at just $1.80 per serving on tiered cakes and we also do Cupcakes and sheet cakes as well.

$1

What is the starting price for fondant wedding cakes (per slice, without tax)?

$2

What is the starting price for cupcakes (per cupcake, without tax)?

$1

What services do your prices include?

Consultation
Custom Cake Design
Delivery
Set Up
Tastings - Open House
Tastings - Private

What types of desserts do you provide?

Cakes
Cookies
Cupcakes
Dessert Buffet
Groom's Cake
Pastries

What services do you provide?

Consultations
Custom Design
Delivery
Setup
Tastings - Open House
Tastings - Private

What cake items do you provide?

Cake Stands
Cake Toppers

What dietary needs can you accommodate?

Diabetic
Gluten Free
Nut Free

What special ingredients do you use?

Local

Are you licensed by the state health department?

Lisa J. Married on 03/27/2021

Beautiful Wedding Cake

Our wedding cake exceeded all our expectations. It was beautiful and delicious (not dry at all) and it had really good flavor on all layers. It was amazing to see a drawing come to life. I'm soo thankful! Vicki did an amazing job and we were truly happy! Go see Vicki at Cameo Cakes!
  • Kristen
    Kristen Married on 10/05/2019

Wonderful cake and owners!

When sampling cakes for my wedding, Vicki gave my mom and I the book of pictures and told us the prices are in the back because she believes people should know how much they’re going to pay before they decide on a cake. While looking at the books Vicki came over to our table with samples of cake. After we sampled the cake we continued looking at pictures and she sat with us and chatted for a while. We chose to go with Vicki because she wasn’t pushy and she didn’t seem to care if we went with her or not. (At least that’s what I felt). She was just so personable and likable and you could tell she had a passion for what she did. We weren’t just another sale to her. She wasn’t anxious to get our deposit before we left unlike the three other cake places we tried out.

Fast forward to my wedding night, the cake tasted absolutely amazing and I was sad that I didn’t get to eat more of it. My favorite was the butter pecan. I absolutely highly recommend Vicky for all your cake needs.

Cameo Cakes's reply:

Thank you so much for letting us be apart of your day. It was truly a pleasure to help navigate to the perfect cake.
    Brianda Married on 07/20/2019

Delicious Cake!

Cameo cakes was great from the very beginning! They did exactly what I wanted and all of the cake flavors were great! The amaretto flavor was my favorite!

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner

24 photos · 06/04/2016

Pricing

Wichita Wedding DJ Wichita Wedding DJ Wedding DJs

Recommended

Ambassador Hotel Wichita, Autograph Collection Ambassador Hotel Wichita, Autograph Collection Hotel Weddings

Beautiful cakes that wow our brides. Fantastic service and communication with the hotel on cake delivery. You won't go wrong with Cameo Cakes. A top notch family owned company that's been in business for 40 years. Their desserts are also delicious.

Perfect Touch Custom Weddings Perfect Touch Custom Weddings Wedding Planners

There are very few phone numbers I call when its time to help my clients find the perfect cake and Cameo is on my Speed Dial every single time! They always go above and beyond. Every single client is beyond thrilled with the experience and the end result. My personal cake needs are met here too...my son even calls Cameo "HIS" special cake baker! I am so proud to work with Vickie, Rick and the entire Cameo team each and every time!

2403 W 13th St N Wichita, KS, 67203
Location of (Cameo Cakes)

Other vendors in Wichita for your wedding