Live It Out Photo

Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

THE BEST.

I could stop there because Amber + Jon really are the best but I'll go on so you can get a better sense of it. My husb and I had a semi-casual, low-budget evening wedding party but having beautiful photographs of it was super important to us so we bit the bullet to hire a professional and I am SO glad we did.

We're both artists/designers, so naturally we are very particular not only about the quality of the actual photographs but the composition and moments captured. After some searching online, Amber's photos immediately jumped out at us — it was exactly what we wanted stylistically. Then, after reaching out to her we knew it was the perfect fit in terms of personality + interests. After a few exchanges of cat pictures and cute animal videos, we were on for planning the event.

I had a concern about the lighting in the venue— it was a former church space with just one large rose window and spot-lights on the architectural details. Also, I'm not a fan of flash photography. Amber was confident that she'd be able to get good shots and showed me examples of her work in a similar venues.

Amber and Jon did an amazing job at making us feel comfortable + at ease in front of the camera, even during shots that required a bit of PDA. They were also very patient & understanding of my contradictory requests for semi-formal family shots and more emotive, candid images of the event itself. My husb's family is very "by-the-book" on how weddings should run and be photographed. As a compromise with them, we agreed to do family portraits. Amber + Jon were super-ninjas assembling our families together and even managed to rangle the entire Korean side of the family in one insane picture.

Amber did an AMAZING job at capturing a ton of beautiful and fun moments that night. I should mention we did the ceremony, pot-luck dinner, and dance party all in one room in a span of 5ish hours and they captured it ALL. And, beautifully!

Services Used: Photography
LOCATION
Brooklyn, NY
BLOG

We are Amber and Jon, a husband and wife team specializing in alternative and unconventional weddings. We photograph couples who like to do things a bit differently, because we march to the beat of our own drummer too.   We live in Brooklyn with our three fluffy cat children, Rugger, Finnagen and Diesel. For a better lo
ok into our recent work and day-to-day shenanigans, have a peek around our blog :: www.liveitoutphotography.com/blog.   Thoughts, questions or just want to say hi? Drop us a line! We’d love to meet you.
Details