JJDJ

JJDJ

Creating memorable wedding receptions for you and your guests

Albany, NY 12208 | map
Genres: 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, Acoustic, Big Band, Classic...
Liability Insurance: Yes

Business Details
Categories: DJ
Accepts: Cash, Check, Paypal
Frequently Asked Questions for DJ
Music Genres: 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, Acoustic, Big Band, Classic Rock, Classical, Country, Dance, Folk, Funk, Gospel, Hip Hop, Jazz, Motown, Oldies, Orchestra, Pop, Punk Rock, R&B, Rock, Soul, Strings, Swing, World
Liability Insurance:
DJ Style: Laid-back and flexible. Your wedding, you're the boss. We'll write up a timeline ahead of time, but if things don't run exactly to schedule that is more than okay! I will make all announcements as necessary, and be as involved as you need me!
Limited music requests: No limit, it depends on how involved you'd like to be. However, I do encourage the couple to leave some room during the dancing hour for requests.
Your DJ Attire: For weddings I typically wear a tuxedo or suit, depending on the formality.
Require client to provide songs: No, I will purchase any music that I don't have. Music must be available on iTunes or Amazon MP3.
DJs on team: I am the only DJ. I may bring an assistant to help with setup and tear down depending on the event.
Minimum DJ time: The rate I charge is for up to 5 hours. If you have an event that shorter than 5 hours, you still need to pay the 5 hour rate.
Meeting before booking: YES. First meeting is free, no commitment required. If you do decide to book me, we will meet again closer to the date of the event to go over specific details.
Accept do-not-play list Absolutely! However, do know that I am not a "cheese" DJ. I will not be playing the chicken dance at your wedding reception unless it is specifically requested.
Provides own equip. Yes.
Special equip. offered I have an effect lighting package (lights that move to the music) that is most popular for weddings (sort of your "standard DJ package). I also have a top-of-the-line LED uplighting package available for an additional price if requested.
Setup time needed: Typically between 2-3 hours. However, other arrangements can be made if necessary. I prefer not to rush through setup because I want to take my time to make sure everything is perfect.

I provide my own table if needed.
Extra space requirements: My space requirements will depend on the lighting options you choose.
Sign or banner: I do NOT display a banner at weddings. Your special day is not a time for me to be advertising myself. If someone asks me for a business card, I will give them one, but that is the only advertising I do.
Emcee between songs? It all depends on what the couple prefers. Typically, I do emcee the event. I do talk between songs somewhat, but not every song. I like the guests to have a chance to dance.
Techniques to Motivate Crowd: I have a playlist that is specifically for filling dance floors at wedding receptions. Usually, the right song will bring them out!
Require break meals: If the client would like to provide me with a meal, I will accept it. However, I do not require a meal.
Music during breaks: I can do that if necessary.
Backup plan for absences: I have NEVER had that happen, and I do not see that happening any time in the near future. However, I do have friends that run other DJ businesses in the area that could fill in for me if that situation were to arise.
Multiple bookings/day: Typically, no. The only exception would be a daytime wedding reception with a late night graduation party afterwords, but that is very rare.
Overtime rate: $37.50 per half hour ($75/hour).
Charges for travel: I only charge a small travel expense for events located over 25 miles from my home. The rate is $1.50/mile.
Required deposit: $200 non-refundable deposit and signed DJ contract required to book and hold the date.
315-750-8698
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards