Finding the perfect bridesmaid dresses can be tricky, and if you're not sure where to start, your local bridal salon is the best place to go. You can get expert advice, browse options in person, and have your crew try them on. A lot of salons also offer alteration services, making them a one-stop shop for all your bridal party's needs. But if you can't get to your nearest store right now, no worries. We're here to show you exactly where to buy bridesmaid dresses online that suit your style, theme, and most importantly, your squad. Picking out the right outfits for your besties can feel overwhelming: You want to respect their tastes and budgets without compromising on your wedding style. Before you go tearing your hair out, check out our top tips for buying bridesmaid dresses online below, as well as our go-to websites that'll ship right to their door.
How to Buy Bridesmaid Dresses Online
Ordering bridesmaid outfits online means you probably won't be able to see them in person before making a decision. That said, there are a few things you can do in advance to avoid any fashion faux pas and please your 'maids.
- Stick with reliable online retailers. If you've found a business offering gowns at a price that's too good to be true, chances are it probably is. Before you decide where to buy bridesmaid dresses online, make sure you're on a trustworthy website. Our list of awesome bridesmaid dress websites is a great place to start!
- Measure, and then measure again. Having accurate sizing information for your 'maids is so important. Remember, they'll have to pay for their dresses before trying them on.
- Read the reviews. While other people's opinions certainly shouldn't get in the way of your dream wedding, this is one place we definitely recommend taking them on board. In particular, look out for comments on the quality of the material, whether the dress is true to size, and the color.
- Check the return policy. Before asking your bridesmaids to commit to a dress, make sure they have the option of returning it if it doesn't fit or you change your mind. If you want your crew to try on multiple options, we suggest picking a retailer that offers free returns within a wider time frame.
- Order swatches first. Sometimes the color or material of a dress isn't exactly what it seems in pictures, which is why we recommend ordering swatches of your chosen fabric first.
- Pay attention to dye lots. For some designers, the only way to guarantee a precise color match is if the dresses are from the same dye lot. So, if having bridesmaid dresses in exactly the same hue is important to you, it's something you might want to look into. Generally, if everyone in your squad orders at the same time, the fabric should be the same.
- Leave enough time for shipping. Buying ready-to-ship bridesmaid dresses should require less time than made-to-order outfits, but we suggest sticking to a similar timeline just in case there are any unexpected delays. Your crew might need a little extra time for alterations anyway.
- Get acquainted with your local tailor. Chances are, the dresses you pick out online won't be a perfect fit for every single bridesmaid. But don't worry, a local tailor can make any necessary alterations.
The Best Bridesmaid Dress Websites
Ready to get started? We've rounded up some of the latest on-trend gowns from our top 10 online bridesmaid dress shops.
The Dessy Group is one of the most established online retailers of wedding attire, especially when it comes to bridesmaid dresses. Plus, they don't just offer ready-to-ship gowns. You can browse a massive selection of special-order dresses made to fit each person's unique measurements. Dessy offers its own line of traditional bridesmaid outfits, but also carries designers such as After Six and Jenny Packham. Bonus: You can order a swatch before settling on a specific shade.
Dessy off-the-shoulder criss cross back trumpet gown, from $257, Dessy; Social flutter sleeve draped wrap stretch maxi dress, from $205, Dessy; After Six velvet midi wrap dress with pockets, $187, Dessy
BHLDN is hands down one of our favorite online bridesmaid dress stores. The brand stocks a curated selection of styles, from Sachin & Babi's modern and minimalist dresses to Needle & Thread's dreamy boho frocks. The expert stylists at BHLDN also offer virtual appointments for brides and bridesmaids, bringing the experience of the bridal salon to a convenient online marketplace. Finally, they have a 60-day return policy, giving you and your crew a chance to change your minds after try on.
If you're looking to mix and match your bridesmaid outfits, you should 100% check out Show Me Your Mumu's pretty attire. The website lets you browse dresses by color, making it easy to pick out coordinating styles. They also offer swatches at $3 each—a small price to pay for peace of mind when shopping online. Bonus: All of their dresses are ready to ship, making it one of the best bridesmaid dress websites for last-minute shoppers.
David's Bridal has an impressive selection of ready-to-ship dresses in an incredible range of hues. If your aim is to match your wedding colors as closely as possible, this might just be the best place to buy bridesmaid dresses. They have a style to suit every type of occasion, from less formal midis to traditional floor-length gowns. One thing to keep in mind: Returns must be initiated within seven days and the cost of shipping isn't covered, so you might want to be extra sure of your choice before asking your crew to commit.
DB Studio tie waist velvet flutter sleeve midi dress, $100, David's Bridal; David's Bridal open-back lace and mesh bridesmaid dress, $170, David's Bridal; DB Studio illusion deep-V center slit stretch crepe dress, $100, David's Bridal
Lulus' bridesmaid attire is chic yet understated, so your crew can look and feel great. The best part? It's one of the most affordable places to buy bridesmaid dresses online, with plenty of trendy options under $100. They also offer a super-helpful bridal concierge service so you and your squad can get expert styling advice (and a 10% discount!).
6. Birdy Grey
Birdy Grey doesn't just have an awesome bridesmaid pajama collection. This online brand makes some of the most affordable bridesmaid dresses (that don't look cheap!). Luxe satin slips, floaty chiffon gowns, and versatile convertible maxi dresses are just some of the beautiful bridesmaid styles on offer. You can filter search results by color, fabric, style, or size to find exactly what you're looking for.
If you'd rather not spend hours scrolling through endless pictures of bridesmaid dresses, Reformation offers a small selection of styles in a few timeless shades. Choose from cute off-the-shoulder looks, romantic kimono sleeves, and modern spaghetti strap dresses for your bridal party to wear on the big day. This on-trend attire is also produced with quality and sustainability in mind, so you can shop with confidence. Check out their wedding help desk for assistance with styling, sizing, or shipping queries.
Still not sure where to buy bridesmaid dresses online? Don't be afraid to go beyond traditional wedding retailers. You can find a whole range of stylish formal attire on Nordstrom's website that's definitely fit for a bridal party. On top of that, Nordstrom carries some of the most popular designers in the wedding space, including Alfred Sung and Social Bridesmaids.
While you've probably ordered everyday clothing from ASOS before, you might not have known that the site also carries some of the best bridesmaid dresses available online. We especially love the wedding-ready attire from the company's own brand, ASOS DESIGN. You'll find everything from trendy sage-hued maxi dresses to classic sequin gowns. Plus, the inclusive sizing options include tall, petite, plus size, and maternity.
ASOS DESIGN wrap waist bridesmaid ruched bodice drape maxi dress, $119, ASOS; Maya Plus bridesmaid V-neck maxi tulle dress, $135, ASOS; Anaya With Love maternity bridesmaid tulle frill sleeve midaxi dress, $127, ASOS
10. Jenny Yoo
Jenny Yoo is one of the most popular designers in the wedding space, and it's no wonder why. Her signature attire effortlessly walks the line between timeless and contemporary. We're obsessed with her use of luxe velvet and satin fabrics to produce simply stunning designs in the season's latest colors. It's no surprise her website is one of the best online sites for bridesmaid dresses.