Photo: Amy Allen Photography
From the time you get engaged until your walk down the aisle, your brain will be full of wedding planning details. It’s easy to get caught up in the whirlwind of it all, but it’s important to not let it consume you—your engagement is supposed to be a happy time!
1. You skip happy hour with your co-workers because you need to watch the latest SYTTD episode for wedding dress inspiration.
2. Working out feels like a vacation because you knows it’s at least an hour of your life not spent wedding planning.
3. The choice between crossback and chiavari chairs feels like the hardest decision of your life.
4. You’ve set weather.com as your homepage and check the forecast for your wedding date every single morning, resulting in a daily panic attack.
5. The last fight you had with your significant other was about your wedding hashtag (PS: solve that problem here!)
6. You’ve developed strong, passionate feelings for color coordinating everything (down to the groomsmen’s socks).
7. Your maid-of-honor has stopped answering your phone calls because she doesn’t want to hear about your wedding favor drama for the 57th time.
8. Your phone buzzes every 30 minutes with selfies from your mother-in-law asking if you approve of her dress.
9. You've temporarily replaced your daily venti triple caramel macchiato with generic instant coffee all in the name of your honeymoon fund.
10. You’ve considered inviting the UPS delivery guy to your wedding because he’s at your house so often delivering packages filled with last-minute wedding purchases.
11. You completely spaced out during a work meeting because you were too busy doodling your new last name.
12. Your most-played songs on iTunes are all sappy love songs because you cannot for the life of you pick a first dance song.
13. You don’t know what’s going on in your parents’ lives despite talking to them daily because your conversations only revolve around table linens, appetizer options, and ceremony music.
14. You talk to your wedding planner more often than you talk to your fiancé(e), and you live together.