FFW
Master August 2016

WW Poll: Venue Type

FFW, on April 14, 2016 at 11:28 AM

Posted in Planning 189

What of type of venue did/do you have? For example: hotel, ballroom, barn, tent, mansion, backyard, beach, outdoor, church hall, other And is it all inclusive (includes tables, chairs, food, drink, and more), semi-inclusive, or DIY (in this context meaning you have to get vendors for every single...

What of type of venue did/do you have?

For example: hotel, ballroom, barn, tent, mansion, backyard, beach, outdoor, church hall, other

And is it all inclusive (includes tables, chairs, food, drink, and more), semi-inclusive, or DIY (in this context meaning you have to get vendors for every single thing-tables, food, bar, etc -what I call build a wedding)?

189 Comments

• Mrs. Knolle
    Master July 2016
    Mrs. Knolle ·
    • Flag

We are getting married in the chapel at our church and having the reception in the fellowship hall. The hall comes with tables, chairs (we are renting though because they are huge and only seat 6 at a table), standard white tablecloths, and a DOC. We hired a wedding events company which provides the catering, cake, floral, and DJ. We are also using a company who does both photography and videography. I'm trying to have as few vendors to deal with as possible.

• GymRat
    Master May 2017
    GymRat ·
    • Flag

Ballroom.

Semi-inclusive (tables, chair, linens, food, cake, alcohol, and flowers for the ceremony only).

• Diane
    VIP October 2016
    Diane ·
    • Flag

Church ceremony then reception at an 1895 reception house . The reception includes catering, bar tender, valet for guest and some decor. We are bringing in DJ, cake and photographers separately.

• Jersey
    Master November 2016
    Jersey ·
    • Flag

Country Club. It's all inclusive based on what you listed, but it doesn't include vendors. It was important to me to be able to pick my own. Maybe it's semi-inclusive?

• Melanie
    Expert June 2016
    Melanie ·
    • Flag

Church

• DaisyHeadMayzie
    Super May 2017
    DaisyHeadMayzie ·
    • Flag

Outdoor- semi inclusive; 400 days to go!

• Original VC
    Master July 2015
    Original VC ·
    • Flag

Country club, almost all-inclusive. It didn't include centerpieces/decor or transportation. It also didn't include the DJ but they had a recommended one, who gave us a discount for booking him through the venue.

Everything else was included: chairs and mic/sound system for the ceremony, chairs/tables/linens for the reception, bar with bartender, catering, servers, setup, taking down and cleaning, a table for gifts/card box and an easel for the seating chart (though we had to make our own seating chart), a bridal room, and a DOC.

• S&P
    Master January 2017
    S&P ·
    • Flag

Other- It's a racquet club, but they also have a very small number of guest rooms so I guess kind of a hotel too? I guess it's semi-inclusive because we provide the alcohol. They provide everything else though-soft drinks, mixers, bareware, bartenders, food, cake, tables, chairs, etc.

ETA: we provide the other vendors and any additional decor

• Old married lady
    Master September 2016
    Old married lady ·
    • Flag

Mine is a hotel and I guess "semi all inclusive" as well. Has food, drink, tables, chairs, and linens so I just do photo/video, DJ, and other things like that.

• BeachBride2016
    Master November 2016
    BeachBride2016 ·
    • Flag

Beach ceremony and hotel ballroom reception, semi-inclusive (includes everything but photographer, DJ, flowers).

• Brooke
    Devoted November 2017
    Brooke ·
    • Flag

Mansion- all inclusive

• lvnlife
    Expert December 2016
    lvnlife ·
    • Flag

Ceremony - Country Club Outdoor Garden

Reception - Country Club Ballroom

All inclusive

• Lauren17
    Master July 2017
    Lauren17 ·
    • Flag

Ballroom- All inclusive. I decided to get my own Photographer, Videographer & DJ!

• Samantha
    VIP August 2015
    Samantha ·
    • Flag

Ballroom - semi all inclusive: They provide chairs/table etc and gave us a list of caterers to choose from for food/alcohol.

• B
    VIP April 2016
    bridetobe ·
    • Flag

Country club, they include food, cake, alcohol, table stuff.

• Audrey
    VIP June 2016
    Audrey ·
    • Flag

Church ceremony. Reception in a private dining space of a restaurant...so all inclusive.

• Ragan
    Super May 2016
    Ragan ·
    • Flag

Other - what used to be a Catholic church in the 1800s. All inclusive for the most part.

• MeetTheHamiltons
    Master April 2017
    MeetTheHamiltons ·
    • Flag

Banquet Hall: Semi Inclusive

Includes: linen, centerpiece (vases), tables, chairs, bridal suite, food, champagne toast, unlimited beer/wine, cake, tax, gratuity all for one price!!

• NewMrsWesely
    Master September 2016
    NewMrsWesely ·
    • Flag

Ceremony-city park- diy. Reception- community center- almost diy. They provide chairs, tables and a kitchen.

• Colleen
    VIP June 2016
    Colleen ·
    • Flag

Restaurant turned banquet event (was a restaurant with a banquet room but they decided not to open the restaurant this year-instead just focus on banquets-lucky for us!). Almost all inclusive. Phew!

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics