Lynnie
WeddingWire Administrator October 2016

28 Comments

• latasha
    VIP September 2019
    latasha ·

Who is the first person you told about your engagement? It was a pretty public engagement in front of both families and both friends. I guess the 1st person I told outside of that was an old college buddy of mine.

Who has been your biggest planning ally? My sisters and mom and FH

Who is your maid of honor or best man? I will not be having a MOH, FH’s best man will be his brothers

Who are your flower girl and ring bearer? Not having either. We aren’t traditional at all haha

Who's getting ready with you? Most likely my mom, sisters, niece and nephews and 3 bridesmaids. Will also invite FMIL, FSILs and FLnieces (lol) to stop by.

Who will you walk you down the aisle? Sadly I recently lost my father so my BIL will be walking me down the aisle. He’s been around since I was 14 and has always been a second dad to me anyway.

Who is performing your ceremony? I come from a religious family with bishops, deacons, ministers etc so more than likely one of my family members lol

Who's holding the rings? Probably FFIL

Who will you sit with at your reception? My hunny only so I can hear his commentary throughout the night he’s hilarious

Who is giving a toast? Haven’t thought about this yet

• latasha
    VIP September 2019
    latasha ·
    Ahhhh just realized I was suppose to post separately for each questions. Sorry about that hahaha.
  • Angerra
    VIP August 2019
    Angerra ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Lollll something I would do!
    I'm sorry to hear about your father. My condolences to you and your family!
  • Angerra
    VIP August 2019
    Angerra ·
    My sister and 3 of my closest friends. 2/3 of my friends I've known for over 10 years and the other is a coworker who I've known for at least 5 years now!
  • latasha
    VIP September 2019
    latasha ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Thanks so much!
  • Anna
    Savvy October 2019
    Anna ·
    Who is the first person you told about your engagement? My mom
    Who has been your biggest planning ally? My fiance actually
    Who is your maid of honor or best man? My daughter (she will be 12)
    Who are your flower girl and ring bearer? My younger sister and friend (they are 29) and ring "dude" is my fiance's nephew
    Who's getting ready with you? My daughter and flower girls
    Who will you walk you down the aisle? My son (he is 20)
    Who is performing your ceremony? My younger sister and flower girl
    Who's holding the rings? The best man
    Who will you sit with at your reception? Just doing a sweetheart table
    Who is giving a toast? Anyone who wants to!
  • Samantha
    Beginner April 2020
    Samantha ·
    Who was the first person you told about your engagement? My grand parents then friends
    Who has been your biggest planning ally? We just started planning but the fiance has been pretty helpful
    Maid of honor is my best friend from kindergarten
    Not sure on if we are even doing a flower girl/ ring bearer
    My bridesmaids and probably my mom will get ready with me
    My dad will more than likely walk me down the aisle
    My fiance's pastor is who we hope to have perform the ceremony
    Unsure who will be holding the rings probably the best man
    Hoping to do a sweetheart table works better for everyone that way
    Definitely best man and maid of honor but other than that whoever else wants to
  • N
    Just Said Yes September 2019
    Nikki ·
    My fiance and brother-in-law had the engagement planned out for about a week, it was done infront of my whole family plus more lol!! My sister had video the whole thing and shared it on social media from there my phone started ringing with congrats!!
  • Faith
    Just Said Yes August 2019
    Faith ·

Who is the first person you told about your engagement? My future sister in law knew about it before anyone because she helped him pick the ring out and he proposed at her house. I instantly told Melissa, Alison and Dan. My best friends.

Who has been your biggest planning ally? My future sister in law. She has helped me remember items.

Who is your maid of honor or best man? We did away with that. We want everyone in the wedding to feel important. So everyone is a Maid of Honor or Best Man.

Who are your flower girl and ring bearer? Step daughter and daughter. Nephew.

Who's getting ready with you? all the wedding parties will get together. Like ladies will get together. We are doing hair and make up.

Who will you walk you down the aisle? This is a million dollar question. I have not decided. My dad and I are not exactly close. Long story short he is not my real dad, but the only father figure I have ever known. I just have never felt close with him like my sisters are. I feel we grew apart the minute his first born was born...I have not decided really.

Who is performing your ceremony? My fiances best friend.

Who's holding the rings? Ring bearer nephew.

Who will you sit with at your reception? The wedding party and if anyone has kids there will be a kids table near by us.

Who is giving a toast? I am hoping to hear from everyone, but considering we are having 14 people in the wedding total (7 bridesmaids & 7 groomsmen) I feel that will take forever so I have not decided.

• J
    Master 0000
    Judith ·
    They would each have screamed and heaped derision on anyone who ever referred to them as my crew or wedding team. Maid of honor- met in training in Texas when I joined the Army. Another nurse , my age and also recently widowed at the time. The only person I stayed with throughout my service years, give or take 6 weeks in transferring from bases or hospitals. Then got out and attended same PT grad school courses. So when we took jobs elsewhere, within 6 hour drive, we stayed in touch. BM 1: A childhood neighbor and close friend till age 14 when her family moved to CO, and we met again on a hiking trail in Colorado, going to Long's peak, when I was on my honeymoon at 20, 1st marriage. Wrote letters til we both married in a year and both moved a few miles from where we grew up. We live 10 miles apart by road, but less than a mile canoe or ice skate from each other. 3 of our 5 kids are the same ages as hers now, they are friends. BM 2: A younger cousin by 8 years, she graciously shared her room so I could live in Finland and Denmark with her, my maternal aunt' family. When I was 17. When she was 18 I just started grad school, she came here and stayed with me in my Boston apt, while she did a 2 year commercial cooking. Like an extra sister ( I have 4). . And Matron of Honor, my paternal grandmother's youngest sister, then 54, my godmother and giver of just us time all my growing up years. She lived 300 yds down the street, with 2 boys 11 and 12 years older than I. I wore a path through the trees to her house, which connected with my maternal grandmother's.
  • Kathy
    Savvy July 2019
    Kathy ·
    Who is the first person you told about your engagement? My mom and kids
    Who has been your biggest planning ally? My fiance actually
    Who is your maid of honor or best man? My childhood friend..BFF
    Who are your flower girl and ring bearer? My youngest daughter🌺and my 2nd daughter💍
    Who's getting ready with you? My daughters, mom and my BFF
    Who will you walk you down the aisle? My mom😍
    Who is performing your ceremony? My cousin his a pastor
    Who's holding the rings? My daughter
    Who will you sit with at your reception? Just doing a sweetheart table
    Who is giving a toast? Anyone who wants to!
  • Mich906
    Beginner May 2019
    Mich906 ·
    No one! I want my friends to come and have a great time with no commitment and no extra expenses (the amount of money I've spent on bridesmaid dresses has me jaded).
  • Jamie
    Devoted May 2020
    Jamie ·

My "I Do" Crew consists of my 3 sisters, 2 best friends, and niece. My youngest sister and one BFF are MOHs, other 2 sisters and other BFF are BMs, and my niece is a Jr. BM.

• Jennifer
    Master September 2018
    Jennifer ·

My 7 best friends and my SIL (who is also one of my best friends) were in our bridal party.

• E
    Dedicated June 2019
    Erica ·

My sister is my MOH, my FSIL and my 2 best friends are my bridesmaids!

• Erika
    Expert April 2019
    Erika ·

My 2 sisters, godsister, Best Friend, and 3 close friends.

• R
    Devoted November 2021
    Rachel ·

MOH - Best friend (of fifteen years)

Bridesmaids: Sister, Soon to be sister in law, and one more close friend

Flower girl - my best friend's cousin, (who will be eighteen at our wedding)

Best Woman: a close friend of me and my FH

Groomsmen: best friends of FH (one is also the MOH husband)

Ring Bearer: Close friend of FH, grown man lol

• SoonToBeSyring
    Savvy May 2019
    SoonToBeSyring ·

My "I Do" crew consists of 8 (Yes, 8!!!) of the best ladies I have in my life (not including my momma)! I have:

Matron of Honor: my older cousin who has been like the sister I never had! I love how excited she is for me to get married

Maid of Honor: a great friend/soul mate who I met 3 1/2 years ago at work and my life has never been the same!

Bridesmaid 3: close friend I met through mutual friends who felt like we've known each other our whole lives!

Bridesmaid 4: my Little from my sorority which I have a double life with! we're like twins and have so much fun together and could talk until 5am!

Bridesmaid 5: a close friend who has been part of our friend group for 7+ years and we've recently become even better friends and she's been so helpful with our wedding process!

Bridesmaid 6: a sorority sister who I've been close with since the start of college despite the struggles and challenges we faced; we're even better friends now and I'm so excited for her to stand with me!

Bridesmaid 7: my fiance's older sister who has been nothing but fun and supportive through the 6 1/2 years we've been together! she even chose the name I picked for her daughters middle name!

Bridesmaid 8: my fiance's oldest sister who also has been so supportive and nice to me since the day I started dating him, like I'm her sister! her daughters even call me "aunt" already!

Flower Girl 1: oldest niece from my SIL/bridesmaid 8

Flower Girl 2: middle niece from my SIL/bridesmaid 7

Flower Girl 3: youngest niece (for now) from my SIL/bridesmaid 8

• Jessica
    Devoted July 2021
    Jessica ·

- The 1st person I told was actually not even a family member, it was a coworker, just because I was just telling her days before that an engagement would NEVER happen but it did. *Sneaky on the FH's part*

- Not planning officially but it would be my mom and his mom

- I would like my best friend of 23 years be my MOH and i don't know who BM will be

- Questioning if we want one, and well theres not many little ones in the family

- Mom, MIL, BM, MOH, and FG if we decide to have one

- My Dad

- One if FH old school friends started his own church so he prpbably will be the one to officiate

- BM or FG if having

- My New Husband Groom Party on Grooms side and Bridal Party on my side

- MOH, BM, Parents of Bride & Groom

• J
    Dedicated December 2018
    Jack ·

Who is the first person you told about your engagement?

My (the groom's) parents. My fiancée called her mum right afterwards.

Who has been your biggest planning ally?

Hands down, my cousin. She'll be one of the bridesmaids, and has been very eager to help plan in any way she can. She's also the only member of the wedding party who lives in Australia, so she's been so helpful with the logistical stuff.

Who is your maid of honor or best man?

My fiancée and I each chose a dear friend we've known over half our lives to stand beside us. They are the two friends travelling across the world to join us, so they deserve it!

Who are your flower girl and ring bearer?

My niece will be our flower girl (she'll be throwing eucalyptus leaves instead). We don't have any young boys at the wedding, so my best man will hold the rings.

Who's getting ready with you?

The wedding party (3 groomsmen, 3 bridesmaids).

Who will walk you down the aisle?

My fiancée will be flanked on each side by her mum and her youngest brother.

Who is performing your ceremony?

We've found a lovely civil celebrant. Her daughter is our stylist, so we got a significant discount booking them as a team. Bonus points - it turns out her son plays in a band that my fiancée and I adore! My partner and I first met and bonded over our mutual love of music, so this is too fitting!

Who's holding the rings?

Y'already asked me that!

Who will you sit with at your reception?

I'll have to pull up the seating chart again, but from memory, my parents, her mum and mum's boyfriend, her two brothers, and the best man / maid of honour will all be in our immediate vicinity.

Who is giving a toast?

TBD exactly who, but it will at least be my dad, her mum, the best man, and the maid of honour. Maybe a brother each, depending on time... apparently my family is really into their toasts (file that under 'things I never noticed until my fiancée pointed them out'). We'll also have a wedding wishes video from guests who couldn't make it. I'm just hoping they all keep it around 2-3 minutes so we can get through everything.

Comment on this discussion