Jazz
Devoted June 2019

What are you using as a card box?

Jazz, on January 24, 2019 at 10:30 AM Posted in Style and Décor

I really like these ideas and it seems that DIY is the only way to do them; Online/Etsy is so expensive. I'm not spending over $200 on something to hold cards lol. edited

The tree stump is my top choice but it seems hard. I like the moss one because one of our main decor is mossWhat are you using as a card box? 1

I like the initials and bed of moss!What are you using as a card box? 2

This is cute but ideal if we actually had plans about our future home lolWhat are you using as a card box? 3

I love this! And the touch of moss. But I've seen negative feedback on here about wishing wells. Although I'd like it for a wish well CARD box. I'd probably cover it and add a slit or something?What are you using as a card box? 4

Here are other ideas I like that would probably be way more simple and we might end up having to do!

We love travelling!What are you using as a card box? 5

Would probably decorateWhat are you using as a card box? 6

What are you planning on doing?

Share:

72 Comments

• Jeanelle
    Expert September 2018
    Jeanelle ·

For our brunch wedding we purchased a vintage bread box on Etsy and I drew directly on the interior.

What are you using as a card box? 7

• Alycia
    Beginner April 2020
    Alycia ·
    We're using my grandmother's train case with a little DIY. 😀

What are you using as a card box? 8
  • Maggie
    Super February 2019
    Maggie Online ·
    I DIY'ed mine based on one I saw on etsy (excuse the terrible lighting lol). I really like the wishing well idea and I think it would be easy to do.

What are you using as a card box? 9
  • Chandra
    Rockstar May 2019
    Chandra ·
    I just bought a card box from Michael's lol. I painted the "cards" on it to match my other signs.
    Got if half off so it was $12.50

What are you using as a card box? 10
  • AQuixoticBride
    Rockstar July 2018
    AQuixoticBride ·

My original idea was to buy a vintagey mailbox off of ebay, but I couldn't think of how I would reuse it after the wedding. I ended up just using a box from Michael's that I got for something like $8 (or maybe less).

mailboxWhat are you using as a card box? 11

card boxWhat are you using as a card box? 12

• Kirsten
    Dedicated June 2019
    Kirsten ·
    We are using a big latern that has slots on the top to drop cards into. I will be writing or putting a little sign that says cards on it.

What are you using as a card box? 13
  • Jazz
    Devoted June 2019
    Jazz ·
    View Quoted Comment

That's so cute! I don't know how this happened but after seeing yours I started thinking of other random items that I like and now, I'm making a small miniature camping tent so people can put the cards in the front door. I am planning on make it into a little scene with a little campfire miniature. I haven't see it anywhere so it's hard to explain lol.

• Jazz
    Devoted June 2019
    Jazz ·
    View Quoted Comment

So vintage!! Love it!

• Jazz
    Devoted June 2019
    Jazz ·
    View Quoted Comment

That looks great!! good job!!

• Jazz
    Devoted June 2019
    Jazz ·
    View Quoted Comment

Such an awesome find!

• Erica Perez
    Beginner August 2019
    Erica Perez ·
    This our card holder, founf this huge lantern at Ross. I glued flowers and had my soon to be father-in-law cut a slot to insert the cards. I am absolutely in love with it!

What are you using as a card box? 14
  • Amy
    Dedicated October 2019
    Amy ·
    Found this really awesome wooden box with carved out designs on it at Hobby Lobby for $10. As soon as I saw it I knew it had to be our card box. Im now in the process of painting it white!
  • Jeanelle
    Expert September 2018
    Jeanelle ·
    View Quoted Comment

Sounds fun! I found this on Pinterest, maybe something similar?

What are you using as a card box? 15

I would say to be mindful of how large the space is, sometimes people's cards are not the 4x6 or 5x7 sizes. A small shoebox volume for the cardbox may work, depending on how many guests you have. We had 100 and we actually put a platform at the bottom of our cardbox to make it look like there was more in there.

Bonus if you have space to display it afterwards (to put your mail or something) that would be cool!

• M.W.
    Super June 2019
    M.W. ·
    View Quoted Comment

This is exactly what I was thinking for!

• Courtney
    Expert December 2019
    Courtney ·

Gift/Card BoxWhat are you using as a card box? 16

If you do decide to go with a cheaper option, I bought this from Amazon and it's really nice.

The ribbon is removable so you can customize it to match your décor. We're getting married in December, so I'm planning to attach a festive ribbon. Plus it's collapsible for easy storage- similar to the 12x12 storage totes.

I wanted to find something that I could use for both my shower and wedding to get my money's worth.

• Sherry
    Expert September 2019
    Sherry ·
    I found this box at Ross for $6 then added some flowers that were leftover from my centerpieces and painted the letters to match

What are you using as a card box? 17
  • Peggy
    Rockstar November 2019
    Peggy Online ·
    Mine was like $15 at michaels

What are you using as a card box? 18
  • Katie
    Super November 2019
    Katie ·
    We found a rustic planter box at the thrift store
  • Charlee
    Dedicated March 2019
    Charlee ·

I am having a mailbox custom painted from an artist off of Etsy. My FH and I are big outdoor's people, we hunt and fish, so I've asked the artist to do a wildlife scene around the whole mail box. Deer on one side, Turkeys on the other, then a small pond scene on the back. Inside of the door she's putting "The Shafers, EST. 3.2.2019" (It'll be in color, but here's the scene I sent her, for an example.)

What are you using as a card box? 19

• SpringBride23
    Devoted March 2019
    SpringBride23 ·
    We are using this terrarium from Amazon. Only $27!

What are you using as a card box? 20

Comment on this discussion