2016AUGBride
Dedicated August 2016

What amount did you spend on your wedding dress? (You don't have to answer)

2016AUGBride, on September 11, 2015 at 4:19 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 545
Saved

I'm a budget bride and was curious as to what other brides spent on their dress. I'm hoping to find something under $1200.00.

545 Comments

Latest activity by Reasie, today at 9:26 PM
  • Angel_D
    Master October 2015
    Angel_D ·
    • Flag

Mine was $1,400 Casablanca- you can get a nice dress on that budget here in atlanta

go to New Natalie's Bridal and Anya Bridal there will be plenty in that range Smiley smile

• kalamityjen
    VIP August 2015
    kalamityjen ·
    • Flag

I spent 1300 on the dress but then you add on the 300 in alterations, the slip, the sash and the veil, etc, etc, etc...it adds up fast. 1200 seems like a healthy budget though, depending on what you're looking for.

• 2016AUGBride
    Dedicated August 2016
    2016AUGBride ·
    • Flag

Thanks Angel. I really like Mori Lee dresses. I hope they are in my budget.

• Kelli
    Beginner April 2015
    Kelli ·
    • Flag

$1500 Alfred Angel and that was a pricey one. The other choice was $800 and it was also beautiful. Try them!

• R
    VIP October 2015
    RhnCasi419 ·
    • Flag

$914. Brand new, made to order Casablanca A-line. I had a $2,000 dress budget. All the others I had tried on were in your price range, but I didn't either like the way they did not complement my figure, or they had too much "bling" on the dress. I asked the bridal shop why so cheap? She said because the dress didn't have a lot of "bling" on it. It does have Swarovski crystals on it, it just isn't splattered with blaring bling on it. Just subtle bling. If you can understand that. Haha. I totally think you can find a gorgeous gown in your price range, perhaps even cheaper if you have a bit of a more simpler style in mind. Good luck and have fun dress shopping!

• Dreamer
    Master May 2013
    Dreamer ·
    • Flag

Lazaro. And I don't even want to tell .....

• ashley
    Master November 2015
    ashley ·
    • Flag

My allure was $1,200 then 200 for alteration(bustle)

• OG Mrs.K (2.0)
    Master September 2014
    OG Mrs.K (2.0) ·
    • Flag

$1,800, plus $250 in alterations.

• Angelique
    Devoted March 2016
    Angelique ·
    • Flag

Too damn much, but I love it lol $1,800

• Ostrich
    Master April 2016
    Ostrich ·
    • Flag

Http://www.weddingwire.com/wedding-forums/mori-lee-gowns/1fb108d2c4b78549.html here's a thread you may find interesting then!

My original was 1200 but i tried on dresses at about 8k when i was about to give up. I ended up getting a different one the week before due to alterations fail. A discontinued sample for 700.

• 2016AUGBride
    Dedicated August 2016
    2016AUGBride ·
    • Flag

Oh yeah Kala I forgot about all of those items. My stomach just got even more butterflies. Lol!

• Debra
    VIP May 2016
    Debra ·
    • Flag

My dress was $800 (sale price) and my veil was $300.

I haven't bought the undergarments or had any alterations yet. I was able to find the dress well under my $1500 budget so I was able to afford the more expensive veil I liked and still have funds available for alterations and undergarments.

• Future Mrs S
    VIP January 2016
    Future Mrs S ·
    • Flag

$450 not including alterations. Will be scheduling my first fitting today when I go pick up my shoes. Smiley laugh

• Frugal Gator
    Master May 2016
    Frugal Gator ·
    • Flag

David's bridal lists the regular price as $1050, but I have never seen the price go above $925. I purchased it for $732 brand new.

• Rachel
    VIP May 2016
    Rachel ·
    • Flag

My mom said she'd pay for my dress if it was less than $500, so I bought a dress that was $499. Not the kind of girl who cares much about a dress I'll wear once.

• S
    VIP July 2015
    sdgher ·
    • Flag

Mine was Allure Couture. It was supposed to be around $2600 but I knew the shop owner so she gave it me at her cost, so I paid $1900.

• M
    Master July 2015
    m ·
    • Flag

I'm horrified at how much more I paid for my dress than y'all. It's a Jim Hjelm and I haven't even cleaned the damn thing yet.

• GreatNewHites
    Super September 2016
    GreatNewHites ·
    • Flag

Mine was $300. It is a used sample, I think originally $750 or so. It was donated to the Brides Project in Ann Arbor, MI.

• Corinne_
    Master September 2016
    Corinne_ ·
    • Flag

$295, but it's a Tea Length dress. It's a corset back, but I still might have to take it in.

• Angel_D
    Master October 2015
    Angel_D ·
    • Flag

They are! i tried a beautiful mori lee gown at Anya's bridal

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics