Wedding Ceremony

Join  group

From the processional to the recessional - and everything in between - this is your space to get answers to everything you’ve ever wondered about vows, unity ceremonies, officiants, traditions, and more. After all, the wedding ceremony is what this whole shebang is about, right?!

Members
Photo Video

Discussions

Order by:
Last Comment
  • Last Comment
  • Date
  • Unanswered
Emily
What song are you walking down the aisle to?
Emily, on February 19, 2020 at 9:51 AM

My mother is pretty adamant I’m walking down the isle to here comes the bride but I’ve never liked that song and after knowing the history of it I really don’t want to walk down the isle to the bridal...

Molly, Yesterday at 4:00 AM 32 420
N
Flower petals
N, on February 20, 2020 at 2:58 PM

For those doing (or did) the whole flower girls drop petals on aisle, how are you getting the petals? (Only those that did real petals please as we are outdoors so cannot do fake/silk). Did you just...

Liz, Feb 21, 2020 10 97
Virginia
Ceremony music...instrumental or words?
Virginia, on February 20, 2020 at 9:28 AM

So...I had originally planned to walk down the aisle to a song with words but I am seeing soooo many of you choosing to do instrumental versions. Is there a reason? Is it better to walk to no words? ...

Monica, Feb 20, 2020 11 84
Kischa
i am marrying a Jehovah's witness but i wanted my mother to marry us who is a Christian pastor
Kischa, Today at 3:42 PM

Although I believe in my faith as a Christian, my husband-to-be is a Jehovah's witness. I wanted my mother who is a pastor officiate our wedding but his beliefs says that my mother cannot do it...

Sarah, 2 hours ago 3 66
Amy
Help!! Where do i put a 12 yr old boy?
Amy, Yesterday at 2:05 PM

I have a 12yr old step son and would like to figure out how to include him in my wedding. Jr. Groomsman, usher, rb, no clue!!! My only issue with jr groomsman is we're then going to be uneaven

Michelle, 11 hours ago 4 59
Bridgette
Wedding Song
Bridgette, on February 21, 2020 at 5:01 PM

What's a good R&B song to walk down the aisle on?

Bridgette, 18 hours ago 6 1 63
N
Buy dress for bridesmaids?
Nao, on February 21, 2020 at 2:12 PM

Will you buy dresses for bridesmaids? I know it would be thoughtful to do that but I still want to know how other couples think. Thank you!

Kelsey, Yesterday at 11:45 PM 15 125
Clíodhna
How many... people in your wedding party?
Clíodhna, on February 18, 2020 at 11:05 AM

A general guide for building out your wedding party is to keep it proportionate to the number of guests, however, this is simply a guide and ultimately the number is based on who you want standing...

Gabriela, Yesterday at 10:45 PM 56 209
Jaime
First look _father daughter
Jaime, Yesterday at 1:49 PM

I’m looking for ideas on how to do a first look with my dad ? I want to make it a special moment cause I’m his baby girl and the last to get married I’m thinking maybe sneaking in a Disney touch so...

Maggie, Yesterday at 2:01 PM 1 46
M
Teen daughters role in Wedding
Mrs. J 2 Be!, on February 21, 2020 at 12:54 PM

If I wanted my teen daughters to play a special role other than Jr. bridesmaids what could it be? My sister is my MOH but can they be too? Is a special name that I give them like Jr. MOH or something?...

Mrs. J 2 Be!, Yesterday at 7:58 AM 4 54
Mary
Why so difficult?
Mary, on February 20, 2020 at 4:50 AM

Music choices...having the hardest time picking songs. What songs did you choose for processional, recessional?

Pang, Feb 21, 2020 18 2 147
Jeneique
Destination Wedding
Jeneique, on February 15, 2020 at 11:38 PM

Anyone doing a destination wedding? If so how many people are you inviting . What are some wedding destination rules ?

Shanice, Feb 21, 2020 11 151
P
Do You Have a Non-traditional Aspect Of Your Wedding?
Patrice, on February 20, 2020 at 4:30 AM

Hi everyone! I was just curious if anyone has a non-traditional aspect to their wedding? I wanted to share mine. My non-traditional aspect of my wedding is my maid of honor...it will actually be my...

Catherine, Feb 21, 2020 18 2 190
C
Bm's Personalized Gifts
Courtney, on February 20, 2020 at 8:12 PM

Got my BM's finished up with their gifts as soon as I pick these up! I really love the way they turned out and can't wait to give them to my girls on rehearsal night.... I even had a cup made for me...

Catherine, Feb 21, 2020 5 1 134
Carissa
fh and i both lost a parent in 2009. How can we honor them at our wedding?
Carissa, on February 20, 2020 at 2:54 PM

Quick backstory: FH and I are the same age. On our first date, we awkwardly got on to the topic of losing a parent and discovered that my mom and his dad died about 8 months apart in 2009. Obviously,...

Carissa, Feb 21, 2020 7 61
S
Ceremony area and music
Shelbilyn, on February 18, 2020 at 1:42 AM

My FH and I are getting married at a park with a pavilion with picnic tables under nearby. If the weather stays nice we plan to do it outside of the pavilion in-front of the wood-line with our...

Clíodhna, Feb 21, 2020 3 39
Michelle
Ceremony or Honeymoon in Greece
Michelle, on February 11, 2020 at 12:39 PM

Has anyone been or going to be married in Santorini, Greece?

Jeanette, Feb 21, 2020 6 33
Britta
Indian Wedding Music
Britta, on February 20, 2020 at 10:07 AM

Hello! My fiance is Indian and we're having an Indian wedding ceremony. I'm looking for authentic music for my entrance that feels upbeat (let's get this party started, right?!) and instrumental. Any...

Monica, Feb 20, 2020 3 19
S
Tree Planting Unity Ceremony
Steffani, on February 20, 2020 at 3:28 PM

Wondering if anyone has done a tree planting (or potted plant) unity ceremony, and if so, what kind of tree/plant did you choose? Our wedding is in August and we would have to do something potted that...

Steffani, Feb 20, 2020 4 41
Candace
Non traditional ceremony music
Candace, on February 20, 2020 at 9:41 PM

Outdoor, fall Texas wedding so sky’s the limit and I’m debating traditional music vs non. Thinking about non traditional music ’m pretty set on sunrise sunset for our moms to walk into but the...

Rebelle Fleur, Feb 20, 2020 3 62
Start a discussion
WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics