Wedding Ceremony

Join  group

From the processional to the recessional - and everything in between - this is your space to get answers to everything you’ve ever wondered about vows, unity ceremonies, officiants, traditions, and more. After all, the wedding ceremony is what this whole shebang is about, right?!

Members
Photo Video

Discussions

Order by:
Last Comment
Procession Idea.....
Latonya, Today at 12:17 PM

Ok, I want to have my BMs walk in alone and mainly because I want my oldest son (who is also an ordained minister and will be a Councilman as well by the time the ceremony comes around) to...

Emily, 3 minutes ago 14 154
Small church ceremony ideas ....
Halle, on October 6, 2019 at 1:52 PM

So my weddin is now 49 days away . After decided to cancel my big wedding , changing my wedding date , decided to keep my expensive dress to wear at the courthouse instead , having a family dinner NOW...

Marcella, An hour ago 9 75
Ceremony seating for microwedding
Cindy, Today at 9:44 AM

Hey all,We are having a microwedding with about 20 seated guests. We're planning to have it on the back patio of an Airbnb overlooking a lake (I've cleared it with them, don't worry!) and I'm just...

Ivy ORP, 2 hours ago 4 63
What is the protocol for giving a gift to a Catholic priest?
Elaine, Today at 2:19 PM

I recently came back from my brother's wedding in California and I bought some souvenirs. I bought a bracelet and a magnet for the priest who will be marrying us, is that okay? They weren't expensive...

Kaitlyn, 2 hours ago 7 1 51
Help with Title for Untraditional Procession Role?
Debby, Today at 2:09 PM

Hi all,My fiancé and I have a lot of children between our families that are playing special roles in our ceremony. The traditional roles of Jr BM/GM, flower girls, and ring bearer are being fulfilled...

W-K, 3 hours ago 1 18
C
Bridesmaids bailed
Christa, Today at 2:16 PM

So I’m not sure what to do right now last night all my bridesmaids bailed on me and my maid of honor said she is to busy and “it not important because its just a renewal.” But the thing is I didn’t...

Holly, 3 hours ago 5 1 157
Ceremony Timeline in February?
Olivia, on October 1, 2019 at 2:19 PM

I am getting married on February 29th, 2020 and am trying to decide on a ceremony time. I am mainly just wondering about pictures and what time to wrap up. I life in East Tennessee and the sunset time...

Katie, 5 hours ago 4 1 48
Songs for ceremony?
Marissa, Today at 1:21 PM

What are your ceremony songs?I was told by my DJ to have one for the bridal party to walk down to, then for me to walk down to, then for us to walk back down to.I'm doing a thousand years by Christina...

Marissa, 6 hours ago 5 38
Tensions over guest list
Neena, Yesterday at 11:36 PM

Call me crazy but I’ve already started a seating chart for the “definite yes” rsvps we will be anticipating. So basically I know who is sitting at my parents’ table (12 total), who is sitting at my...

Neena, 6 hours ago 7 123
Memorial candle lighting
Latonya, Today at 12:21 PM

We have some very close family members that have passed on and I want to pay tribute to them by lighting a candle in their honor. My dad, His mom, his youngest brother, and recently his granny are all...

Ivy ORP, 6 hours ago 1 20
Catholic Priest gift
Cara, on January 13, 2019 at 11:50 PM

We are having a Catholic wedding ceremony this summer and I was wondering if it’s customary to give the priest something as a thank you. We’re already making a donation to the church the ceremony will...

Elaine, 7 hours ago 6 1 230
Priest wants my fiancé to be confirmed?
, on February 14, 2019 at 12:48 AM

So we met with the priest at my family’s church last week and the priest said that he would like my FH to be confirmed before we get married. He was technically baptized Catholic and made his first...

Elaine, 7 hours ago 29 401
Processional Song - One or More?
Sinéad, on October 15, 2019 at 11:05 AM

Did you pick one song that is just perfect for both you and your bridal party's walk down the aisle? Or are you playing multiple songs for the processional? Will you have a separate song just for you?...

Catherine, 7 hours ago 77 259
No "amateur" photos at ceremony..
Hannah, on October 16, 2019 at 3:25 PM

Hey all!I want to create a wooden sign asking for our guests not to take photos during the ceremony...I want our photos to have our guests engaged in our moment, without phones or camera out and also...

Kristen, 7 hours ago 34 438
D
Legal issues
Danni, Today at 8:22 AM

We are 1 week out and are in predicament. The pastor, as well as those close know exactly what is going on, but we are a week out. Our wedding is now a commitment ceremony as we cannot legally get...

Latonya, 8 hours ago 5 187
Sunday Ceremonies
Kilaun, on September 28, 2019 at 10:19 PM

Thinking about a ceremony on a Sunday for less money. Did anyone else consider this?

Katina, 10 hours ago 159 2 1,813
Unity Sand, knots, and the likes
Catleezz, on October 16, 2019 at 8:48 PM

Hello! I was wondering if any of you were doing some of thing like this? If not why? Because I don't want to persay. All the ones I have seen seem a little tacky. No offense to anyone else! But the...

Jaimie, 13 hours ago 22 188
Wood Branding Ceremony
Emly, Yesterday at 5:10 PM

For those of you who are doing/ have done the wood branding ceremony could you share with me the logistics?This isn't a super popular thing yet so google did not help me much My brother is making...

MrsD, Yesterday at 5:31 PM 1 42
Church Ceremony
Blair, Yesterday at 9:34 AM

If you are having a church ceremony how do you plan to decorate and where do you find your decorations? I'm having a hard time deciding what to do. I just want something pretty and simple.

Kimberly, Yesterday at 2:53 PM 7 42
Processional
Emily , Yesterday at 1:57 PM

I’m having such a hard time planning the wedding exit. So I was thinking we would do walk down isle then wait at end for guest to come give hugs then they head out for bubble line then we would run...

Meghan, Yesterday at 2:51 PM 3 75