MrsV1027
Master October 2018

The Ties Are Done!

MrsV1027, on October 10, 2018 at 8:15 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 24
Saved Save

I saw some custom ties on Etsy that I loved but they were starting at $50 each so I really wanted another option. Then I remembered my coworker made a shirt for me for Christmas last year as a gift for FH that turned out really well so I asked him if he'd try to make the custom ties for me. He came through! I ordered the ties on Amazon and then he charged $8 a piece for the stuff he used and his time which for 4 ties is less than I would have paid for one on Etsy! Woot!

Just had to share cause I think they turned out really cool! FH will have the Darth Maul, My 9 year old son will have the Flash, his Best Woman will wear the Hitchhikers ones and his groomsman will wear the Thor one. For me I got a Beauty and the Beast bracelet and my MOH has a Star Trek bracelet so each person now has something that is personalized to their favorite movie/character

Ties The Ties Are Done! 1

The Ties Are Done! 2

The Ties Are Done! 3

2 more weeks and we fly out! All the pieces are falling into place! EEEEEEEEE!!!!

24 Comments

• Selena Ariel Kyle
    Devoted November 2018
    Selena Ariel Kyle ·
    Wow does your friend have a tutorial? Those are awesome!
  • firstoneat56
    Master August 2017
    firstoneat56 ·
    Very nice!
  • MrsV1027
    Master October 2018
    MrsV1027 ·
    View Quoted Comment

He's got one of those cricut(or however it's spelled) machines that cuts vinyl. The stuff he makes makes me want to get one of those machines!

• Stacy
    Devoted May 2021
    Stacy ·
    What did she make those ties with? They are awesome! Love the bracelets!
  • MrsV1027
    Master October 2018
    MrsV1027 ·
    View Quoted Comment

It's vinyl! I got polyester ties so the vinyl could be ironed on without melting the ties. He does amazing work!

• Stacy
    Devoted May 2021
    Stacy ·
    View Quoted Comment
    A friend of mine has a cricket machine ..I wonder if they can and witht that. I was considering having the guys wear superhero socks. They are all into them. Lol
  • MrsV1027
    Master October 2018
    MrsV1027 ·
    View Quoted Comment

It may not work for socks as well since they stretch so much but they could always try! He tested one out on an old tie before doing mine to make sure it would work

• ThatGirl
    Super January 2019
    ThatGirl ·
    View Quoted Comment

OMG - I wish I thought of this! I have a Cricut but never thought to use it for ties! I stressed and stressed and wound up spending a small fortune on custom ties ... and I could have done it myself!

Oh well... live and learn! I am still newish to the circuit and learning what I can do with it is ever changing!

They look great!

• Maggie
    Champion October 2025
    Maggie ·

Ahh, I was just thinking about these the other day, FutureMrsV!!! I'm so glad they turned out so well, better than at least I imagined!!! Yay!!!

• Stacy
    Devoted May 2021
    Stacy ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Lol...I was planning to buy superfero socks but I'm liking the ties better!
  • DC Wife 10.27.18
    Master October 2018
    DC Wife 10.27.18 ·

These are so awesome!!

• MrsV1027
    Master October 2018
    MrsV1027 ·
    View Quoted Comment

I was so relieved that they turned out well! I had no back up plan lol. Thank heavens for my coworker!

• Maggie
    Champion October 2025
    Maggie ·
    View Quoted Comment

Yes, shout out to your coworker indeed!!! Have the tie wearers seen the ties yet?

• MrsV1027
    Master October 2018
    MrsV1027 ·
    View Quoted Comment

I sent them to FH but he hasn't had a chance to see the picture yet. I can't wait to bring them home to him tonight!

• Maggie
    Champion October 2025
    Maggie ·
    View Quoted Comment

Woo!! You'll have to tell us how it goes! I mean, I'm sure he'll love them, but I want to know how much!!

• Kristen
    VIP August 2018
    Kristen ·

Those are so cool! I love that the ties simultaneously match yet are personalized. Great idea.

• Sam
    Master August 2024
    Sam ·

Wow, the ties turned out amazing! I love how they look the same but have their own unique design! So cool! You did a great job on these! I can't wait to see how everything comes together for your wedding!

• Mrs. Paula Esparza
    Expert October 2018
    Mrs. Paula Esparza ·
    How wonderful! I'm so glad that it worked out so well. They came out great and letting everyone incorporate their own style in, is a bonus. Great job!
  • Z
    Dedicated October 2019
    Zoë ·

I love this idea, and these turned out quite well!! Looks awesome!

Best of luck with all of your planning, and congratulations on your engagement and wedding!!! 2 weeks will fly by in no time!!

• HayMrsO
    Master October 2018
    HayMrsO ·

These are so great!

Comment on this discussion