Selia
Super October 2024

Tell me more - why are they the one?

Selia, on July 17, 2018 at 11:15 AM Posted in Community Conversations 0 20
Saved Save

Tell me more, tell me more! We wanna know why your honey makes your heart swoon! Why did they outshine others? Why do they make you weak in the knees?!

8a_EYKPnpCuImIkSmocEc1MJz2ghF1PCS46iOWdt

Thank you for answering our questions and letting us learn a little more about you, your relationship and your upcoming “I Dos”

Why stop now? Tell us more about your wedding plans and partner in these posts: You or Your Fiance? , Keep or Skip?, and Would you rather? Wedding Edition

20 Comments

• Jennifer
    Master September 2018
    Jennifer ·

He made me feel like the only person in the room the first time we met. I can't explain it, it was like everyone else and everything surrounding us went away.

• Kristina
    Master August 2018
    Kristina ·

When I met FH, I had just gotten together with another guy. This guy was nice and all, but he broke my heart in the worst way when we broke up, and tried to mess with my emotions after by inviting me over multiple times.

FH was there for me through ALL of it. He took me out to dinner, he texted me non-stop if I needed him, he brought me food when I jokingly made a FB post about wanting McDonalds.

Overall, he just treats me...amazingly. I mess up a lot, I have a different love language than him, but he showed me how I SHOULD be treated, how a person who loves and cares about me behaves. He always puts me first, always picks me up when I'm down, and can make me laugh easier than anyone else. I'm excited to go home at night and see him- and it's been 3 years. I never ever tire of his company.

• Victorian Bride
    VIP December 2019
    Victorian Bride ·
    My FH and I met on a day when I literally needed " a knight in shining armour." My father was visiting, I'd just moved from the East coast, knew no neighbors yet, and noticed signs of a stroke. I immediately called 911. After my Daddy left with EMS, I could not find my cell phone, anywhere!! Ran to my two closest neighbors homes, no amswer. Then, by the grace of God, I heard a lawnmower running nearby. I ran to him and asked for his assistance. He swears it was love at first sight. Took me a little longer. Ha! Ha! We are both Christians and had been horribly hurt in our marriages. We had both been praying for " The One!" We have 93 days to go. Yay!!
  • Happy Hedgie
    VIP September 2018
    Happy Hedgie ·

He is the one because I can't imagine my life without him. He is kind, caring, sweet and loving. There is absolutely no one else I would want to take life's journey with because he truly makes me a better person.

• Shinee
    Expert September 2018
    Shinee ·
    I was drawn to my FH because he was the sorta geeky and awkward guy but it was really cute. Like I knew when we initially started talking, he was nervous and I thought he was cute. I love how hardworking he is and how he always says it’s because he wants to build a great future for us. Just the thought of him makes me smile and he’s always the first person I think of in the morning. I love how he always kisses me goodbye when he leaves for work and when he gets home from work. He works hard everyday but still finds times to make dinner or do chores if I’m at work. He completes me
  • Tpatb
    Master August 2019
    Tpatb ·
    We are friends first before anything else. Our relationship is like any other I’ve been in..we can completely be at odds but will always manage to pull it together. He’s the first person I think of & the last & would literally give his life for me ..as I would for him. I’m beautiful to him even on my ugly/insecure days. There have been times when I literally had no one but he was always there..he’s not just “the one” he’s truly my soulmate & I’d spend this life & any other one w/ him that I could..I’m really blessed.
  • E
    Devoted May 2019
    Elizabeth ·
    I was drawn to FH because he was nerdy and different from any guy I've been with. He was also really close to his family which I liked. He was hesitant to date because of my kids, but the time he came over he played with them for hours and my daughter fell asleep in his lap. He was there when I was hospitalized for two days, helped take care of my kids and came to the hospital right after work to keep me company. I have anxiety and PTSD from my my ex and he's learned my triggers and is there for me. He makes me feel safe.
  • HayMrsO
    Master October 2018
    HayMrsO ·

He is my best friend and partner in every sense of the word. We had a long distance relationship in the beginning and it was torture for us. We just love to be around each other. 5 years in and I still get butterflies when I see him.

• EllieRose
    Expert February 2020
    EllieRose ·
    We compliment each other really well and I know that he will always put our family first. I've never not loved him and he just makes my heart so so happy!
  • BB-H
    VIP September 2018
    BB-H ·

We were friends first and while it seemed like things about my past would push him away, they didn't. By the time we started dating, he knew every terrible little thing about me, yet he called me beautiful. When I first started realizing things about myself in regards to anxiety and body issues, he didn't understand at first, but he wanted to stand by me and help me and understand more. Even to this day, he helps me through panic attacks, self harm urges, and everything else. He's as wholly dedicated to me as I am to him.

• Gipperkm
    Super September 2018
    Gipperkm ·

He didn't play games...ever. He got straight to the point and told me how he felt really early on. He makes me feel so special and I never felt like I could be myself around any other guy I dated. We support each other 100%, treat each other as equals and have amazing communication. He loves me unconditionally and is so understanding, given my many faults. He is the kindest person I know and absolutely my best friend.

• FutureMrsKC
    Master January 2019
    FutureMrsKC ·

I have never met a man who has pursued me as unwavering as FH. He is my best friend, the person I want to tell everything to, the person I want to see every day when I wake up and every night. He would do anything he could to put my wants and needs before his own. And I'd do the same for him. Our goals align with each other, and we want the same things out of life together. He's so patient, he calms me down when I'm worked up. Our personalities compliment each other so well. He makes me a better version of myself.

• Selia
    Super October 2024
    Selia ·
    View Quoted Comment

That's so beautiful! Literally sounds like something out of a movie!

How did you meet and where?

• Allie
    Super September 2018
    Allie ·

Jesh... where do I begin! Ive never been one to put up with much crap! lol.. and he was trust worthy, honest, kind, willing to say im sorry (which surprisingly is hard to find), He loves me so sweetly, cares about my family!

I could go on and on! But I remember meeting him and internally saying "check, check, and check" to my imaginary checklist! He met every point with out ever knowing my expectations! He was obviously put here on earth with me in mind

• Selia
    Super October 2024
    Selia ·
    View Quoted Comment

Laughing is so vital to any healthy relationship! Not taking everything so seriously and thoroughly enjoying the moments you spend together and smiling through the ups and downs is such a beautiful thing! Thank you SO much for sharing!!!

Check out some of our other "tell me more" posts below!

Tell me more--when's the wedding?

Tell me more--where are you getting married?

• FutureMrsColón
    Super September 2019
    FutureMrsColón ·

He is my high school sweetheart. I just don't see myself without him. He is my best friend, my other half. We just know each other so well, almost too well at times lol. I have loved him from the moment we met, and I knew that we would be married one day. We will celebrate 12 years together just after our wedding next year!

• MrsV1027
    Master October 2018
    MrsV1027 ·

He has the sweetest heart. We used to work in the same building and everyone would say hi to him. He was nice to everyone! No one has ever had a bad thing to say about him. He spent quite a bit of time helping me cheer up my supervisor after her son passed away. He also gets my sense of humor without getting butt hurt lol. He just works really well with me and he loves my son!

• Chris
    Master February 2022
    Chris ·
    View Quoted Comment

#relationshipgoals

I was once told to never settle for less than butterflies, but I think this is even better!

• Amanda
    Savvy May 2020
    Amanda ·

He has a good heart and I know I can trust him with anything. He and I share a lot of the same values, even when we don't share the same opinions on everything. We take care of each other and he makes me want to be the best version of myself for him. I'm excited about the idea of raising a family together. Also, he's smoking hot

• Lisa
    Dedicated December 2018
    Lisa ·

I knew right away he was the one for me, we had that instant connection. He treats my two babies like they are his own kids and does so much for them. He is always there for me and never gets mad.

Comment on this discussion