Jersey
Master November 2016

Show me your bridal belt/sash

Jersey, on June 12, 2016 at 9:18 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 57
Saved Save

So I was super confident in my decision. I loved my belt! And then when my actual dress came in, the coloring was off. And now I'm agonizing over the decision again. My bodice has a little bit of beading on it, but it's super subtle. I love it with the belt because it defines my waist! But I felt like the belt was too dark? Not sure if that's the word to describe it. I just want a belt that adds a little bit of sparkle and definition to my waist but doesn't look super dark against the dress.

So I'm looking for a little inspiration. Can I see your belts? Extra points if you post a picture of you in your dress wearing it and links!

57 Comments

• Missys984
    Master October 2015
    Missys984 ·

I only wore my belt for the reception. I added it when I took off my veil from the ceremony. My mom sewed a button on it so it wouldn't have a bow/ stings and cover the back of my dress. Here is he front and back.

• Missys984
    Master October 2015
    Missys984 ·

And the front since I can only add one on mobile. The ribbon was darker than the dress but you couldn't tell really.

• Jersey
    Master November 2016
    Jersey ·

Melissa, I always admire your belt in pictures when you periodically post them to threads! Where did you get it?

• JoRocka
    Master September 2016
    JoRocka ·

Working on mine tonight actually!

• A
    VIP June 2017
    Along10 ·

I'm waiting to make the final decision on whether or not I get a belt until my dress comes in so I am following this thread!

But I just had to say, @Melissa, you were a stunning bride!!!

• c_h_a_r
    Expert August 2016
    c_h_a_r ·

My sash

• LizzyC
    Master April 2016
    LizzyC ·

Here's mine up close!

• c_h_a_r
    Expert August 2016
    c_h_a_r ·

My sash on my dress

• LizzyC
    Master April 2016
    LizzyC ·

And it on me (sorry, mobile!)

• Steph
    Super August 2016
    Steph ·

Here's my belt. It came with my dress but I would have gotten a belt/sash regardless. I love the look of them. I think it's ok if it doesn't match perfectly.

• Jersey
    Master November 2016
    Jersey ·

Where did you guys get them?? At the bridal store or online?

• BecomingBailey
    VIP August 2016
    BecomingBailey ·

Following because I'm having belt woes too!

• 5starFM
    VIP January 2017
    5starFM ·

Ordered this online. Hope it looks good with my dress.

• Meredith
    Savvy May 2016
    Meredith ·

I loved my belt, felt like it made the dress!

ETA: I got mine at the bridal store where I bought my dress, it was a private label made for the store so I don't have a link

• Chelsea
    Super June 2017
    Chelsea ·

One of the major pluses to my dress was it was already belted! Love it!

• Chelsea
    Super June 2017
    Chelsea ·

Zoomed out

• Jersey
    Master November 2016
    Jersey ·

Wait guys! I need more info! Lol

• LauraM
    VIP February 2017
    LauraM ·

Here's mine!

• OfficiallyMrsG
    Super September 2016
    OfficiallyMrsG ·

Here's mine. I bought it at David's when I bought the dress. Well my friend who is like a second mom bought it, or I probably would have found one online instead of paying their prices.

• Kimberly
    Expert November 2016
    Kimberly ·

Ladies, your belts and sashes are lovely. Jo, yours is beyond stunning. I'm in love! Can't wait to see the finished product.

Comment on this discussion