Mrs Gray
Super August 2014

Show me your...Alternative Guest Book!

Mrs Gray, on July 31, 2014 at 11:19 AM Posted in Planning 0 54
Saved Save

What are you doing in the place of a traditional guest book? Where did you buy it? Pics appreciated Smiley smile

54 Comments

• Caylin C.
    Master August 2015
    Caylin C. ·
    • Flag

I don't have any pictures, but we're doing advice cards and my mom is sewing us a "guest book quilt" that people will sign.

• Maggie
    VIP July 2016
    Maggie ·
    • Flag

I am doing wooden cutouts that my guest will sign and then putting them in a shadow box frame. I will try to upload a picture. It will be similar but not quit the same.

• Maggie
    VIP July 2016
    Maggie ·
    • Flag

I am going to have my guest sign the wooden cutouts and put them in a vase or some kind of holder. Then on my honeymoon I will put them in the shadow box with larger cutouts with our names and date. The kits are selling for well over a hundred dollars. I went to Hobby Lobby and priced everything for mine to be around sixty bucks but that is me getting the shadow box at 50% off too.

• N
    Master September 2014
    Now I'm Mrs_M ·
    • Flag

We're having our guests sign a wooden letter M that we can hang on our M wall in our foyer after the wedding.

• MissMadeline
    Master June 2014
    MissMadeline ·
    • Flag

Ours came from WeddingTreeGuestbook on Etsy. We didn't want the mess of an actual thumbprint tree, so guests just signed their names on the leaves. We customized the colors and font.

Link to the Etsy listing: http://ow.ly/zNwBN

This is our actual guestbook:

• Lyssa
    Super January 2015
    Lyssa ·
    • Flag

I don't have any pictures, but we're going to use a big personalized calendar. Smiley smile I'll have the guests write their names on their birthdays and anniversaries so we'll have it. It's New Year's Day, so I think it's precious. Smiley winking

• Mrs.Matthews
    Master January 2015
    Mrs.Matthews ·
    • Flag

I don't have pictures but our photobooth is our guest book.When they get their pics taken they will get an extra copy they can then scrapbook.

• N
    Master September 2014
    Now I'm Mrs_M ·
    • Flag

I forgot same as Future Mrs.Matthews, we have a photo booth guestbook too. It should look something like the photo below.

• michele
    VIP October 2014
    michele ·
    • Flag

This is mine!!

• Madeline
    Expert September 2014
    Madeline ·
    • Flag

I don't have a picture because my sister is still making it. She is hand turning a wooden baseball bat with our name burned into the wood that we will have all of our guests sign. It will then hang in our home. I'm super stoked about this because we are such big baseball geeks!

• L + R
    Master September 2014
    L + R ·
    • Flag

I haven't made this yet, but this is what I'll be doing Smiley smile

• Northern MN
    Master November 2014
    Northern MN ·
    • Flag

We bought a bench yesterday that we will have people sign at the wedding. At the engagement party we are going to have people write best wishes on quilt pieces.

• Kristine
    Super October 2014
    Kristine ·
    • Flag

We're having our bridal party and parents/godparents use the red fingerprints to make the apples, and our guests will have their choice of various green ink.

Edited, because we're neither Virginia & David and not married for a year... This is from the company Etsy page

• Mrs Gray
    Super August 2014
    Mrs Gray ·
    • Flag

All great ideas!! @Kristine, where did you get that??

• jenna_
    Master March 2015
    jenna_ ·
    • Flag

This is ours. Guests will sign it with regular black sharpies. Afterward it'll be sprayed over with a clear coat of poly paint to protect it and we'll hang it on our wall.

(The heart is over Austin, where we are getting married.)

• Magz1018
    Devoted October 2014
    Magz1018 ·
    • Flag

Don't have a photo, but we are doing a puzzle that people can write messages on. We'll then frame it in a shadow-box.

• Starlight
    VIP August 2014
    Starlight ·
    • Flag

This is ours, except it is a grey background with a blue 'T'

• OldFashionedBride
    Super November 2014
    OldFashionedBride ·
    • Flag

Ooh, Jenna...nice! I'm in Austin, too.

We got one from Etsy like this: https://www.etsy.com/listing/124907471/custom-wedding-guest-book-ideas-disney?ref=related-5

The house from "UP" with balloons for the guests to sign (same concept at Madeline's above), for a little Disney touch. Will put it on a table with photos from our "adventures."

• Elizabeth
    Super September 2014
    Elizabeth ·
    • Flag

My avatar is a photo of our guest book. It's a painting done by a friend of FH. Guests will have white and black paint pens they can sign with. We'll then hang it in our home.

• Kristen
    VIP May 2015
    Kristen ·
    • Flag

Either something like this:

https://img1.etsystatic.com/036/0/5833427/il_570xN.574696679_75zu.jpg

or this:

https://img1.etsystatic.com/025/0/7882207/il_570xN.619375321_6n24.jpg

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics