Mrs.Sanok
VIP September 2018

September Brides vendor check in help!

Mrs.Sanok, on July 20, 2018 at 9:30 AM Posted in Planning 0 23
Saved Save

Really anyone soon to be married or already married can help please!

It is coming to the point I need to meet with our vendors again! Is it to early for me to email them and set up a date to meet and go over the final stuff?

When did or are you going to meet with everyone? When did you email them to set it up?

I have not talked to the venue for a few weeks now, and my photographer since our engagement photos in November. Then the DJ I think I asked a question last month. So I am thinking I need to talk to them ASAP!

Thank you for your help!

23 Comments

• Catjam
    Expert October 2018
    Catjam ·
    • Flag
    My wedding date is 9-15 and I am trying to finalize as much as possible now. Meeting start next week...less to worry about
  • Mrs.Sanok
    VIP September 2018
    Mrs.Sanok ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

O good! I just thought I wanted to start to early and I would be pain to our vendors during super busy wedding season!

• Jennifer
    Master September 2018
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag

We are 9/22 and we are meeting with our DJ - end of August but before Labor Day. Our ceremony/cocktail hour musician same time. Photographer we are facetiming about 2 weeks before. Everyone else we will see at the wedding. We sent our meeting emails just yesterday & heard back from all yesterday as well.

• Munchkin9218
    Master September 2018
    Munchkin9218 ·
    • Flag

I have all my dates from my contract with them, and am setting up final meetings based upon final payments.

Cake - 3 weeks before

Florist - 3 weeks before

Photographer - 2 weeks before

shuttle - 2 weeks before

Venue - 1 week before

The only person I don't have the information on is our DJ as FH is handling that but I am asking him to reach out this week , and our officiant will facetime or phone conference with us as needed for a meeting so we don't have to drive out to meet him

• sharada
    Dedicated September 2018
    sharada ·
    • Flag

My wedding is 09/28, I just confirmed my venue, food, alcohol and rehearsal and the florist. Plan on meeting everyone else some time in august. I don't think any vendor wants to plan sooner than one month before.

• M
    Dedicated September 2018
    Meaghan ·
    • Flag
    My wedding is September 15th. I just met with the venue last weekend to give our head count and go over everything. We scheduled our final meeting three days before the wedding. I also just sent an email to the photographer a few days ago just to check in because we haven’t spoken in like six months.
  • Happy Hedgie
    VIP September 2018
    Happy Hedgie ·
    • Flag

You can probably reach out to set up the meetings now but, you likely won't need to meet until closer to the wedding. If you have questions though then I'd email them and just ask.

We are September 28th:

We just recently saw the photographer (had our engagement photos) and won't see her again until the wedding. We are just communicating by email.

Meeting with the officiant the first week of September.

We dropped our completed package (with all of our menu/decor choices) off with the venue this week and will have our final meeting the day before the wedding. Everything else is being done via email.

I need to email the baker with our final headcount a week before the wedding but, won't have a final meeting with them either.

We don't have a florist, DJ or limo to worry about.

• Mrs.Sanok
    VIP September 2018
    Mrs.Sanok ·
    • Flag

Thank you everyone! This helps a lot! I just wanted to make sure that it wasn't a big deal to try and set up meeting times now! Now maybe I can stop stressing over it so much now. For some reason this is what has been stressing me out the most for this part of planning!

I just do not want them to feel like I am bugging them because I know all of them are very busy! It is that time of year! Smiley smile

• B
    Expert September 2018
    Brittany ·
    • Flag

My wedding is 9/15 and I have setup final meetings with Florist, Pastor, DJ, and wedding dress alterations.... I need to email our photographer but I need final payment 30 days before the wedding so I know she will be reaching out soon Smiley winking I am meeting with most mid August because I want everything done by September so I have time for any final things Smiley smile

• Chris
    Just Said Yes September 2018
    Chris ·
    • Flag

Hi! Our wedding is September 23rd. I have locked down all vendors. We are now finalizing table decorum and seating arrangements. Feeling a bit of pressure to stay within budget. Definitely want to be done with everything before September.

I have a few DIYs to complete and we are meeting with vendors next week. But the excitement is crazy.... the countdown is real!

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Flag

I've just finished booking vendors so I am probably not the best person to ask. I've spoken to the officiant and caterer recently (fortunately the caterer also owns the venue, so everything is streamlined there). I haven't spoken to the photographer since confirming downpayment and contract (and we haven't even done our engagement photos yet, I don't know if we'll have time.) I haven't spoken to the beautician since booking earlier in the year though.

I plan on reaching out mid August to try to finalize everything. I'm getting married near the end of September, so that gives me enough time to take care of last minute details and make sure we're all on the same page.

• Valerie
    Dedicated September 2018
    Valerie ·
    • Flag

I am 9/2 (44 days!). I did my venue walk through two weeks ago (because my friend is the event coordinator and coordinator for that venue and she has stuff going on next month). I gave her the cheat sheet of all of the decorations and where they go. It was super fun to walk through all of the details with my MOH and my mom.

I’ll confirm shot list with photographer at beginning of August.

Cake is already confirmed.

Food is already confirmed. Will give them the number two weeks before (although we’re only having 50 people so it’s pretty easy!)

Musician is confirmed. I’ll send him a reminder email about the three specific songs we’re having.

Meeting with our officiant this weekend (can’t wait to read my vows and get her feedback). She’s going to listen to both of us individually and then let us know if we’re pretty consistent.

Final dress fitting tomorrow. Smiley smile

I’m putting the programs together this weekend. My daughter and I are putting together the silverware in the utensil holders and rinsing out the mason jars for the drinks this weekend. So the only thing we MUST do now is get the license. Everything else is a bonus. I AM SO EXCITED!

• Rachel
    VIP September 2018
    Rachel ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I am in the same boat. Still juuuust a bit before the 2 month mark so I haven't had most of these final vendor meetings yet. FH and I have selected our food options though we haven't finalized it with our venue yet. We have selected our cake but we have to give them our final headcount 2 weeks before our wedding. Most our vendors have been paid in full so at least there's that, heh.

• Heather
    Expert September 2018
    Heather ·
    • Flag
    We have to do this?
    I talk to my photographer daily-shes a friend 😃
    Our venue is paid for
    I was wanting to meet with the pastor because my mom got that arranged but she was my grams pastor and ive not seen her since i was a kid
  • A
    Ashley ·
    • Flag
    My wedding coordinator told me we would have our final meeting 4 weeks out. My DJ said the final meeting would be 2 weeks out. Our wedding is sept 22nd. I hope this helps you.

Warmest wishes!

Ashley
  • A
    Allison ·
    • Flag

My wedding is 9-22-18...I am going to be checking with my vendors this week and making final payments. I figured about a month would be good.

• C
    Devoted September 2018
    Chrissyboo0 ·
    • Flag

My wedding is 9/23 and we have pretty much touched base with all vendors involved. Now to just wait for the big day.

• Christine
    Expert September 2018
    Christine ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    We have the same wedding date:-)
  • BB-H
    VIP September 2018
    BB-H ·
    • Flag

I'm 9/21 and I'm basing meetings around final payment dates. We haven't had any yet, as our final payments won't be due until early September for some things. After next week, I'll start reaching out to see if we can set up those appointments.

• Mrs. Johnson in 2020
    Expert October 2020
    Mrs. Johnson in 2020 ·
    • Flag
    Yes you need to start meeting with them to go over the little details so start notating things down that you want them to do or questions you have. That way on your final meeting yall will be on the same page and you'll just have to work out the timelines details like when they should arrive when you want them gone by to avoid them over charging you for time etc.

Comment on this discussion