Heather W
Savvy September 2019

Sept. 2019 Wedding Plans

Heather W, on October 23, 2018 at 9:36 AM Posted in Planning 0 19
Saved Save
Hello beauties!
I am getting married on September 13, 2019!! I already have the DJ, photographer, venue, and dress. However I do have a questions regarding engagement photos... how soon should they be taken? I know save the dates don’t have to go out any time soon, but my FH and I are creating a wedding website which I’d like to have the engagement photos displayed on. My photographer mentioned taking them in the fall but hasn’t reached out... suggestions on if I should push it or wait since we’re not pressed for time?
Thanks.

19 Comments

• M
    Dedicated June 2019
    Mariah ·
    • Flag
    Totally depends on what kind of photos you want Smiley smile Do you get traditional seasons where you live? I'd say you could wait if you wanted Winter pictures. There so romantic looking. There's totally nothing wrong with getting it done early though. I'm getting married 6/22/19 and we did our engagement photos on 9/2/18.
  • Heather W
    Savvy September 2019
    Heather W ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thanks Mariah! We do get traditional seasons and I do love fall with the changing colors of leaves. Though I agree, some winter ones would be super romantic. I just want to make sure we have enough time to get them done, receive them from the photographer and be able to share them on the website.
  • Rebecca
    Master October 2025
    Rebecca ·
    • Flag

Hello Heather W.!

Wow! It sounds like you're crushing wedding planning! I know a lot of our community members typically get their e-pics done within a couple of months of getting engaged but, of course, that can vary!!

Following what Mariah said, it very much depends what kind of scene you want in your e-pics! Would you prefer a fall scene or a winter scene? It's absolutely up to you and your FS!
  • M
    Dedicated June 2019
    Mariah ·
    • Flag
    I guess editing time varies with photographer. Our engagement photos took about a month to get back to us. If I were you I don't think I would wait much past January to do them. Especially if you want to use them on Save the Dates or the website.
  • Summerbride77
    VIP July 2019
    Summerbride77 ·
    • Flag

We did ours very early because we want to get STDs and the website up as soon as possible since we have so many people traveling. If you want them done if the fall I would push. I agree with Mariah though, winter photos could be really romantic.

• Martika
    Expert September 2019
    Martika ·
    • Flag

Hi Heather,

I am getting married 9/27/2019!! Yay for September weddings! I am actually getting my engagement picture done tomorrow! I figured a year in advance was good. For engagement pictures I plan on using them for the website and Save The Dates. I planned on sending out STD's early 2019, and I didn't want to take pictures in the Winter/Cold. It's fall so the weather is nice, not too hot and not too cold. Also once we booked the photographer, we received a few engagement shoot and boudoir session. If you are wanting fall I would reach out to her.

• Anna
    Just Said Yes September 2019
    Anna ·
    • Flag
    We are getting ours done this Saturday. We wanted to keep the fall rustic theme of our wedding in our engagement photos. Do you have a photographer yet? Usually they can help guide you.
  • T
    Savvy September 2019
    TakingHisMcClanahand ·
    • Flag
    We took them exactly one year away from our wedding. We wanted autumn pics
  • Nafisah
    Super May 2019
    Nafisah ·
    • Flag
    I would take them based on what kind of scene you want. I wanted to do it in warm weather, which in upstate NY means July lol. It was a little under a year before the wedding. I don't think there is a "right time" planning wise to take the photos.
  • Monica
    Beginner September 2019
    Monica ·
    • Flag
    I like you have everything so far as well but our engagement pics. We are actually looking at doing ours in November we will have them ready and time to chose our favorite for when we send out save the dates! We are getting married September 21st 2019
  • T
    Theresa ·
    • Flag
    I am getting married 9.1.19 and we just took ours 2 weeks ago. We wanted to stay in the season and look of the wedding day. We get them back soon then we will be picking, ordering, and sending our save the dates
  • Kaleigh
    Dedicated April 2020
    Kaleigh ·
    • Flag
    My date is September 27, 2019 and we are getting our pictures done the first weekend in November
  • Farrah
    Devoted September 2019
    Farrah ·
    • Flag
    We're getting married September 20th 2019 and we got our pictures done last month!
  • Stephanie
    Super August 2019
    Stephanie ·
    • Flag
    We are getting married just a few weeks before you, 8/24/19, and just got our E pics done a week ago. Loved how the fall colors really made our photos, and I’m liking having them to look at/design the website/design STDs with!!
  • Victoria
    Victoria ·
    • Flag

Wow Heather you are in the zone! Kudos to you ma'am. LoL I agree with the other ladies it all depends what kind of pictures you are wanting. I am getting married Sep 14, 2019 and I haven't taken my engagement pictures yet. We are planning on doing it this weekend. Smiley smile

• Courtney
    Super September 2019
    Courtney ·
    • Flag
    Our wedding is the day after yours Smiley smile We just had our photos done by a local photographer this past weekend because we’re sending our STDs soon (lots of people travelling). It kind of depends what type of photos you want done! If you want them done in the fall I would push for them soon, but winter could be nice too. I like that we’re dressed for fall in the photos because it matches the season of the wedding next year, but that’s just personal preference. Also the winters where we live are pretty gross and the opposite of romantic so that wasn’t even an option for us lol.

You could always set up your website now with pictures you have and change them when you have your engagement photos done. I’m not sure what your plans are but I haven’t given any wedding website info to anyone, I’m going to include it on the STD. In my case no one will be looking at the site till I send the STDs anyway.
  • Lindsey
    Savvy September 2019
    Lindsey ·
    • Flag
    I’m getting married on September 7, 2019 and we just got our engagement photos done last night. I personally wanted fall engagement photos. We will also use the photos for our wedding website and save the dates. I probably won’t send save the dates until January or February though. It’s up to you, but I don’t think it would hurt to contact your photographer and see what dates are available to get your photos done.
  • Heather W
    Savvy September 2019
    Heather W ·
    • Flag
    Thank you all for your input and letting me know what you have done too!!
    I took the advice and reached out to our photographer, so hopefully we’ll get planning and have them taken soon!
  • N
    Noreen ·
    • Flag
    I'm getting married 9/15/19 and we went to Nashville for a friends wedding and we booked a photoshoot out in pigeon forge and I wanted that sunset fall like photo. Though it was 90 degrees out I loved the way they turned out. And finding someone to take our photos is what is time consuming. So I'd say take your time find someone youd like and the vision you want. Including a couple to show how they turned out.

Sept. 2019 Wedding Plans 1

Sept. 2019 Wedding Plans 2

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics