Jada
Devoted May 2015

Said "YES TO THE DRESS" Kinda!!!

Jada, on August 12, 2014 at 3:09 PM Posted in Style and Décor 0 16
Saved Save

So I went and tried on dresses Friday and fell in love with one. But I didnt want to spend alot of money on something that I will only wear once. (Im a secret Tom Boy)...LOL!! POST YOUR DRESS or Maybe Dress and tell me what you ladies are paying for your dress?

16 Comments

• Jada
    Devoted May 2015
    Jada ·
    • Flag

Sorry they posted side ways :-(

• Vanessa_DW
    Expert June 2015
    Vanessa_DW ·
    • Flag

Dress is beautiful! This is my baby... she wasn't cheap

• Jada
    Devoted May 2015
    Jada ·
    • Flag

Beautiful dresses. I felt so cheap after watching "Say Yes to the Dress"...LOL!! my dress is $1250 and $150 off. but my budget was under $700...URGH!!!!!!!!! What to do??

• Ariel
    Super October 2014
    Ariel ·
    • Flag

This is mine. I love it, but I'm a pretty simple kind of girl. My dress cost about $500.

• Mrs.Mayes
    Super October 2014
    Mrs.Mayes ·
    • Flag

Dress was around $900 with tax and the slip $60. FH payed and he said my budget was $500 but when he heard me talk about my dress he went ahead and got it anyway.

• Kristen
    VIP May 2015
    Kristen ·
    • Flag

My baby (: i wasnt even prepared to find my dress when i did so i wasnt looking at price tags, just trying dresses on for fun. thankfully mine came in under $2,000. by a whopping $70! haha. i just keep telling myself it couldve been worse. esp since i wasnt looking at tags!

• MelissaC
    Master January 2015
    MelissaC ·
    • Flag

Gorgeous dress!

This is mine. I paid a little over $2300. Then I have two other wedding dresses, Thai and Vietnamese, that I paid $450 and $300 for respectively.

• Alyssa
    Master April 2015
    Alyssa ·
    • Flag

Your dress looks great on you! This is mine! It was $1200, but I have to pay $380 in alterations. So, around $1500 total.

• Katie
    Savvy June 2015
    Katie ·
    • Flag

I said yes to the dress this weekend! It was my first time trying on dresses and only my second appointment. The consultant found a sample size that zipped up perfectly. She sold me the sample and it was half of the original cost of the dress!! There are a few pulls in it but they can easily be fixed. Not too much for alterations except length cause I am a shorty.

• KaylaP
    VIP September 2014
    KaylaP ·
    • Flag

I paid around $700 for the dress off the shelf and $45 for alterations!

• M
    Super September 2014
    mrs_in_september14 ·
    • Flag

This is mine Smiley smile

I loved this dress but it was like 1700.00 with the alterations and accessories it would definelty be over my budget. I went on a hunt! Went online to see who carried the line and called the stores to price them. I went to the store who had the best price and when I get there the sample was my size! the sample was practically brand new and they sold it to me off the rack..with the discount I paid $950.00 Smiley smile

• B
    Expert September 2014
    Blue one 4 ·
    • Flag

I paid more than I wanted to for mine but only because my mother began to cry when I put it on and my dad and BMs even had tears in their eyes... And after trying on about 10 dresses I knew it was the one but was still tempered by my practicality and how much it was ... In the dressing room I told my mom I wasn't sure it was in my budget and I was more than happy in anything as long as I got to marry FH she wasn't having it saying she knew it was the dress and I had to have it... I tried to talk her out of it but before I knew it she'd paid the deposit ( without asking) that being said I LOVe my dress I have never felt more beautiful than I feel in it ... Altogether it was around 1300 alterations and although that number still makes me queasy I can't wait to wear it!

• B
    Expert September 2014
    Blue one 4 ·
    • Flag

Repeat WW hates my iPad

• Barbara
    Master September 2014
    Barbara ·
    • Flag

This is my dress. It retails new for $1800, but I got it pre-owned from a bride with "dress regret" for $900.

• Jada
    Devoted May 2015
    Jada ·
    • Flag

I love all the dresses...I cant afford $2000 though...LOL!!! but I have learned that for me to be so Plain Jane..i have EXTREMELY expensive taste...LOL!!

• Happily Ever Harris
    Super November 2014
    Happily Ever Harris ·
    • Flag

Here's mine! I'm simple but have a love for details. White lace with and ivory edwardian lace on top. $700!

Comment on this discussion