Lynnie
WeddingWire Administrator October 2016

Overrated or Underrated?

Lynnie, on June 18, 2019 at 11:27 AM Posted in Community Conversations 3 9
Saved Save

It's time to talk wedding trends!! What's gotten totally overrated, and what do you think is still underrated?

Overrated or Underrated? 1

Photo from Bloominous

Comment in each discussion linked below and tell us if you think it's overrated or underrated:

Wedding Party Proposals?

Engagement Pictures?

Destination Weddings?

Welcome Bags?

First Looks?

Floral Arches?

Full Open Bar?

Photo Booths?

Naked Cakes?

Sparkler Send Offs?

9 Comments

• Rebecca
    Just Said Yes April 2020
    Rebecca
    Gotta say I love me a donut 馃崺 but the whole donut bar/wall whatever is seriously overrated. I鈥檝e been to three weddings this year that have all done it.
  • Mizznesha
    Dedicated August 2019
    Mizznesha
    Gotta love the 馃崺馃崺donut wall!!! But I didn鈥檛 incorporate it into my wedding....
  • Cristy
    Rockstar May 2020
    Cristy

Yeah, I think the donut wall is overrated. I also think the naked cake is overrated. Who wants a cake with no frosting?

As for underrated, I think the dessert table/bar is underrated as an alternative to traditional wedding cake. I think even people who don't care for wedding cake can find a dessert they like in this setup.

• K
    Dedicated June 2020
    Kellie
    I haven鈥檛 been to a wedding in years lol. So I don鈥檛 know what鈥檚 overrated. I love the idea of a dessert bar/s鈥檓ores bar/donut wall.
  • Jessica
    Dedicated September 2019
    Jessica

Donut walls are overrated, to me it's just an eye sore. I'd rather have a whole snack bar with various snacks including 1 candy jar of assorted donut holes.

• Pattie
    Devoted June 2020
    Pattie
    I love the idea of a coffee bar! Donut walls are fun, only been to one wedding with one. We are having a naked cake because I鈥檓 not a huge fan of buttercream (too sweet) and fondant is gross. But to make up for lack of frosting it will have chocolate ganache dripping down from the top!

the trend im over is the over abundance of signs.
  • Paula
    Expert September 2019
    Paula
    Overrated. While I love a good donut, I don't understand the wedding doughnut phenomenon.
  • Allycia
    Dedicated March 2020
    Allycia
    I love 馃崺but IMA have to go with overrated
  • Kimberly
    Expert April 2020
    Kimberly

I think the donut wall trend is "overrated" because we all love donuts so they give the people what they want! lol. Different types of snack/desserts are underrated in weddings like a cookies/milk bar, popcorn bar...or correct me if I'm wrong as I haven't been to a wedding in years.

Comment on this discussion