Preslee
Expert May 2019

% of Guests Attending

Preslee, on April 12, 2018 at 1:14 PM Posted in Planning 0 21
Saved Save

Those of you who have collected RSVP's- what % RSVP yes?

Our venue requires a guestimate upfront; and that's what we paid for. We were thinking around 210, so they had us pay for 190 people. However, our list is about 228. It's not a big deal if we go over the amount, they'll just charge us at the end once we turn our headcount in, I'm just curious what your results were with RSVP?

Thanks!

21 Comments

• Julie
    VIP April 2018
    Julie ·
    • Flag

We invited 218 and 183 are coming. But we knew we had a decent amount of courtesy invites for some of our elderly family members or out of country invites. So I guess that's almost 85%.

• MrsRies&Love
    VIP May 2018
    MrsRies&Love ·
    • Flag

So far we have received back 105 RSVPs, and only 7 were declines, so only 6.6% of our guests have declined so far.

• Preslee
    Expert May 2019
    Preslee ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

We have quite a few older, out of town guests that we don't think will come as well. Thank you!

• Red Queen
    VIP May 2018
    Red Queen ·
    • Flag

It's totally depending on many unpredictable factors. A bride here posted 105% acceptance rate the other day, I believe.

I think we are going to end up around 91% acceptance. Our RSVP date is April 17 so we're waiting for them to trickle in but we figure most will be yeses.

• magnolia5
    VIP June 2019
    magnolia5 ·
    • Flag
    Haven't done ours yet. My mom recently got remarried. She invited 100, had 101 attend.
  • C&N
    Super October 2017
    C&N ·
    • Flag

We invited 95, had 60 attend. However, ours was a destination wedding for the vast majority of our guests. We also knew some guests would definitely attend and knew some would definitely not. I'd say we only had about 15 who we actually weren't sure about when we sent RSVPs out.

• Sydney
    Expert May 2019
    Sydney ·
    • Flag

I think it depends on your family and who you invite as well. I'm giving a courtesy invite to a large portion of my family who I know won't be able to make it (they live in Sweden, China, various parts of Europe, etc.) which would put me around 20% not being able to attend, however, I never expected them to unless it just happened they were already traveling at that time or something.

• Miaaa
    Super January 2018
    Miaaa ·
    • Flag

We were around 84%...but we had a very large wedding.

• starsinwaves
    VIP November 2018
    starsinwaves ·
    • Flag

It really depends. The way we got our estimate was by making our guest list, then ranking everyone yes (2), maybe (1), or no (0). We added up the total and divided by two, and that was our number. We also invited elderly and out of town family that we knew wouldn't be able to make the trip. It's still early, but we're inviting 185 and currently expecting 116 (including kids), so 63% for us.

And I should add that we made sure our venue could fit everyone on our invite list, just in case.

• Melissa
    Expert June 2018
    Melissa ·
    • Flag
    So far I've received about a third of the RSVPs back. Of those, it's about 99.9% acceptance. One person's husband won't make it due to work. Even my elder and out of state that I thought would be a long shot have accepted.
  • emcknight1517
    Super April 2018
    emcknight1517 ·
    • Flag

We had about 80%. We invited 153 including plus ones and are having 123. Most of the people I assumed were bringing plus ones decided not to have them.

• Rachel
    Super May 2018
    Rachel ·
    • Flag

170 invited for our Stateside reception, 110 confirmed (however, many of our invites went to courtesy plus-ones for single guests. Almost nobody used their plus-one.)

For our destination wedding: 60 invited, 40 confirmed yes.

• Melinda
    Beginner May 2018
    Melinda ·
    • Flag

We invited 147 and 101 are confirmed and 9 still awaiting responses. My venue had us confirm the count a month before so I just add the 9 still awaiting into the total. I'd rather have too many seats than not enough.

• Sarah
    Master June 2016
    Sarah ·
    • Flag
    We had a 79% acceptance rate. For us, though, half our declines were the plus ones that our single guests opted not to use.
  • plangalCG
    VIP May 2018
    plangalCG ·
    • Flag
    Well we have a small wedding—22/27 yes. 4 no. 2 still outstanding.
  • Christina
    Dedicated May 2018
    Christina ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    We have around 75%
  • GardenParty18
    Dedicated April 2018
    GardenParty18 ·
    • Flag
    We invited 206 and 161 rsvp’d yes. Most guests were local. We did give everyone a plus one and a lot of people didn’t bring a date.
  • Cassie
    Super April 2018
    Cassie ·
    • Flag
    We invited 130 and 99 are coming (it’s a DW for my side of the family)
  • GoodMOB
    April 2018
    GoodMOB ·
    • Flag

Daughter/fiance invited 216 and have 145 acceptances for the reception. I guess that is a 68% response for the reception. There are also a few more guests who are making an effort to come to the ceremony, but declined the reception. (Conflicts with a musical event some are involved with.) We knew ahead that there would be a number of declines, as they invited all their cousins, some of whom live in Europe, and around the world, so those were kind of a long shot. They do have acceptances from China and Japan coming! The "local" people are those within 2-3 hrs. Almost everyone from our side is at least 7 hrs. driving, and many are flying in from Canada, etc...

The reception will be comfortably full anyway, (I personally am thinking the venue's numbers they claim they can seat are a little wonky!) and there really were hardly any surprise-disappointments of people unable to attend.

• Mary
    Dedicated June 2018
    Mary ·
    • Flag
    So far i have 62 rsvp yes, 96 outstanding, and 14 declines. I’m hoping for 150 guests to show up.

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics