Leesha
VIP August 2015

NWR: Do you like surprises?

Leesha, on November 7, 2014 at 4:26 PM Posted in Planning 0 18
Saved Save

I know this isnt wedding related buuut I need to vent haha. My birthday is on the 20th of November, my FH LOVES doing surprises.. And i mean I like surprises too... But dont tell me two weeks before that you have a surprise for me... I just want to know so badly!!! We usually split up all are bills week to week and this was his payweek , and today I asked if he wanted to go for lunch and he said are you paying? I was like uhhh what ??you just got paid today...Hes like ya.....I spent it all on your birthday gift....SERIOUSLY? My FH gets a really nice paycheck every 2 weeks...and he spent it ALL? A lady at my work asked to get certain days off.. and my boss said she can go before the 25 of Nov. or after 4th of Dec... So jokinly this afternoon i told my FH that my mom needed me to babysit between those days and he got so mad and said i was lying and it couldnt be true...WAH! WHAT DOES HE HAVE PLANNED? I hate not knowing surprises Smiley sad hahahahahah Sorry for venting.

18 Comments

• JaKLyn
    Master November 2015
    JaKLyn ·
    • Flag

Whatever it is you'll have to update us once you know. It sounds like it will be amazing Smiley smile

• Dani
    Super December 2014
    Dani ·
    • Flag

Oooh I love surprises but like you have a hard time waiting. I snoop so bad at Christmas and before my birthday. (I know I'm horrible!) Are you thinking it's some kind of trip? Please let us know whenever you find out!

• Kimberly
    VIP October 2014
    Kimberly ·
    • Flag

I like putting together surprises more than I like being on the surprised end. I don't feel that I express my enthusiasm well enough and I'm always scared the surpriser will be disappointed with my reaction lol. But Happy Birthday! Mine's tomorrow so we share November.

• FinallyMrsSloan
    VIP April 2015
    FinallyMrsSloan ·
    • Flag

I like surprises but do NOT tell me weeks before you are going to actually give me the surprise. FH wants to surprise me for the honeymoon. He will not tell me where we are going and it is driving me crazy. He told me to get a passport and that is the only clue I can have. I have 5 more months to wait and find out what this darn trip is!

• Silan
    Master April 2015
    Silan ·
    • Flag

Sounds like you're in for a treat!! I love surprising people and cannot keep my mouth shut about the surprises either. I'm already teasing FH about how awesome his birthday is going to be and it's not until February hahaha. (I'm planning a surprise party for him, but the real surprise is that a bunch of our best friends from out of town are coming too!)

• Kylene
    VIP October 2014
    Kylene ·
    • Flag

I hate that too! I love surprises but once I know there is a surprise I really hate not knowing what it is ... it's the anxious part of me I guess. Don't tell me ANYTHING if you aren't going to tell me EVERYTHING.

That being said, sounds like he has something great planned and it'll all be worth it in the end! Good luck being patient!

• kaylarae
    Master April 2015
    kaylarae ·
    • Flag

I love surprised unless I know one is coming! If FH says "I have a surprised" you better tell me right now damn it! Haha I hate waiting and knowing it's coming without knowing what it is

• Cheri
    VIP September 2015
    Cheri ·
    • Flag

I love surprises but my FH doesn't really ever surprise me so it has been awhile. That is great for you I hope whatever it is it is amazing.

• MrsZ
    Super February 2015
    MrsZ ·
    • Flag

I don't like surprises. I'm a planner and don't like unscheduled things lol!

• JanuaryWedding
    Super January 2016
    JanuaryWedding ·
    • Flag

I'm the same way! I can't know that there is something going on but not have all the information. Luckily, or maybe unluckily, FH is really good at keeping locked up about that stuff. In the beginning he wasn't, and I weaseled all the information out of him and ruined the surprises.

• M
    Master December 2014
    Melissa ·
    • Flag

I like surprises as long as you don't tell me about it bc I hate having to wait all day to see what it is lol.

• Finally mrs.jkr
    Master May 2020
    Finally mrs.jkr ·
    • Flag

Gah! Yeah it sucks when people are like "I have a surprise for you" and it's weeks early. The only time that's okay is sometimes Christmastime... but presents are the norm at Christmas, so not too much of a surprise.

• FutureMrsC
    VIP December 2015
    FutureMrsC ·
    • Flag

Don't like surprises, I'm a control freak.

• Munashi
    Super October 2014
    Munashi ·
    • Flag

Hmm, I'll be interested to see what he does!

I.. think I like surprises, but I'm too damn hard to surprise. Especially with my husband. I'm too damn nosy/too much of a planner.

• Shelby H.
    VIP October 2014
    Shelby H. ·
    • Flag

I hate surprises. One time, when I like 6 or 7 and I told my aunt that and she asked me why and apparently I squinted at her and said, "..... Because they're like lies."

• M&M
    VIP August 2015
    M&M ·
    • Flag

Hey date twin, my birthday is on the 21st! In the past I did not like surprises as much, but now I do (for gifts, not for anything wedding-related! lol)

• Mrs.F!!!
    Expert June 2015
    Mrs.F!!! ·
    • Flag

I am horrible with surprises!! (giving and getting) My FH is not very good with surprises either, he can't keep it a surprise at all!! I got my valentine's gift Feb. 1, my birthday is Oct. 14 and I had my birthday present 3 weeks before that!! He did keep my e-ring a secret, but only because he didn't have the ring back from the jeweler yet and he was out of town that weekend. I was also the kid that knew where mom and dad hid the christmas presents...2 years ago my mom thought it would actually be a surprise, but my youngest brother spoiled one (asking me why I had pots and pans on my christmas list when someone already got them for me) and my older brother spoiled another (telling him the story and before I got to the item he says Oh, the crock pot?). It usually is a secret now that I live so far away.

• Staci
    Master September 2014
    Staci ·
    • Flag

How exciting!! Make sure you tell us how it plays out Smiley smile

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics