Lindsey M.
Dedicated September 2018

Not everything went as planned, but It's Okay! (encouragement for brides)

Lindsey M., on February 6, 2019 at 11:04 AM Posted in Married Life 0 19
Saved Save

Just married Not everything went as planned, but It's Okay! (encouragement for brides) 1

Hi everyone! Wow, it feels like I haven't been on these forums in ages. I think my last post was 5-6 months ago RIGHT before I got married. This is my first check in!! Hi!

So, I didn't want to get on here because I've been struggling. Up until... well, literally yesterday, I realized EVERY TIME i thought about my wedding day I was sad. I had stress and anxiety thinking about all the details that didn't come together. I kept thinking about what went wrong, not any of the good stuff. When I looked at my wedding photos, I would just pick out every flaw in my own face or at the venue. This being said, I thought if I got on here I'd come on here and just cry and complain about all the things I hated about my wedding day. I don't want to do that now! I'm excited to share photos and talk about it, so here we go.

Yesterday I was looking through my pictures again and I realized how much went RIGHT!!! The caterer actually ran out of food for the wedding party (we chose to eat last) because I had guests bring several more people than invited (this is the country, y'all. People forget their manners. *eyeroll*). But we were the only ones who missed out!! And we got SO MANY COMPLIMENTS on the food. Our wedding party was full of our best friends and they were encouraging.

The designer who made my programs didn't make them or deliver them in time and they got to my MIL's house the night before. Guess where they never left? Yep, the mailbox. I was too busy with Rehearsal Dinner stuff to catch it. But you know what? No one even noticed. It wasn't the end of the world.

People got desserts before we cut the cake (again, ugh). But my new husband and I got some super cute pics and got to just have a sweet little moment together by the cake, so it didn't even matter. There was enough dessert for everyone and it was DELICIOUS.

The guests thought the venue was beautiful, the ceremony went off PERFECTLY. There are things I could pick apart all day long about the reception, or my dress, or the food, blah blah blah. But honestly, it was the best day of my life. I have finally gotten over my post-wedding-blues and realized it was still such a beautiful day. All of my very favorite people, from all over the country, met us to celebrate our love. What's cooler than that?

Nothing. Please be encouraged, bride to be. It will all be okay.

19 Comments

• Danielle
    Rockstar June 2019
    Danielle ·

Thank you for sharing! Congrats on your wedding and over coming the post wedding blues!!!

• Jessica
    Devoted November 2019
    Jessica ·
    I am so happy to hear that, I feel like I am already stressing about dress, hair, makeup and photos being perfect. I have a vision in my head, good to know even with imperfections your day was the best ever!
  • Lindsey M.
    Dedicated September 2018
    Lindsey M. ·
    View Quoted Comment

We are our biggest judge. And when you plan an event, you're usually the one who notices when things go wrong. Don't sweat the small stuff!! It will be great and you'll leave married to the love of your life. Good luck!

• HayMrsO
    Master October 2018
    HayMrsO ·

I am so glad that you got past all of those negative feelings. You are right. At the end of the day, all that matters is that you are married to the love of your life. The fact that everyone enjoyed your day is even better!

• WeddingCruiser2019
    Devoted January 2019
    WeddingCruiser2019 ·

I love this!! I got married on 1.8.19 and am having very similar feelings about focusing on the negative. Our wedding itself went perfect however it was DW and everything else pretty much was disasterous. We just recently got our wedding video and it is making me realize how awesome of a day it truly was. Congrats and I wish you nothing but happiness!!

• Jayla
    Champion October 2025
    Jayla ·

Thanks so much for sharing this advice!! Your photos were beautiful!

Congratulations!!

• B
    Savvy September 2019
    Brendaliz ·
    I absolutely love this!!! All of my friends who have gotten married tell me that there are so many things that go on behind the scenes that no one else notices. I'm trying to keep this in mind and hopefully just go along with the ride and enjoy my wedding day♡
  • Yoice
    VIP March 2019
    Yoice ·
    Thank you for sharing. Love your enthusiasm! Always look at things the positive way.
    Share more pictures!
  • JEANIE
    Devoted April 2020
    JEANIE ·
    Aww thank you for sharing! I think we all need to hear posts like this because everything will not always go perfectly. Although, you had your ups and downs throughout the day, all that matters is that you married the love of your life! At times we make things bigger than what it really is. To you it went wrong, but no one else even realizes and trust me I would panic also because I'm a perfectionist. Side note, I absolutely love your dress!
  • Tanya
    Dedicated November 2019
    Tanya ·
    Thanks for the advice! Love your dress and flowers by the way.
  • Danielle
    Devoted April 2020
    Danielle ·
    I have been practicing to let things go for that specific reason lol I watched many YouTube videos saying that the one thing brides forget the most is to enjoy the day and not pick everything apart so I'm hoping that I can prepare myself to calm down and enjoy what I do have (: plus I told my FH to help me out with it too if he sees me starting to stress I told him to tell me something sweet about the wedding like "You did great, dont worry" or "Everyone is having a blast, what about you" lol just an example idk what he will really say but I dont want to forget to love my wedding day on the day of (:
  • Tara
    Master May 2020
    Tara ·
    Thanks for updating us with how things went.
  • Ebony
    Just Said Yes July 2019
    Ebony ·
    Thank you for sharing this and you look lovely!! Congratulations!!
  • Kelly
    Legend October 2022
    Kelly ·

Aww Lindsey M, I'm so glad to hear that despite the hiccups it was still an amazing day! I love your attitude about it all! Thanks so much for sharing your advice, that photo is gorgeous!! Best wishes and hope married life is treating you well!

• Rebecca
    Master October 2025
    Rebecca ·

Beautiful, Lindsey M! Congratulations! I'm glad that you had an amazing day and that the food was particularly amazing Thanks for sharing!

• Gen
    Rockstar June 2019
    Gen ·
    Thank you for sharing! I admire your attitude and I am so glad you are able to look back on the day fondly. Beautiful photo!
  • Porterpoppin
    VIP March 2019
    Porterpoppin ·

Thanks for sharing beautiful picture! And thanks for the advice! I'm glad you got past for wedding day blues and found the good in the day, all will be well!

• Sam
    Master August 2024
    Sam ·

Wow, thank you so much for sharing! Your photo is so lovely! Congratulations to the happy couple!

• Victorian Bride
    VIP December 2019
    Victorian Bride ·
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!🎉🎈🎉🎈 Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Do you mind sharing a few more photos? I love the one you have posted. It's lovely!!

Comment on this discussion