Maren
Champion October 2021

It's a Date!

Maren, on July 10, 2018 at 10:59 AM Posted in Planning 0 93
Saved Save

What is the significance behind your wedding date? Whether an anniversary, holiday, birthday, or another occasion, we want to know why your wedding date is so special to you and your fiancé!

Freas Photography It's a Date! 1Kate + Bee PhotographyIt's a Date! 2

Yet to set your wedding date? Check out these articles for some helpful advice:

9 Things to Consider To Set Your Wedding Date

The Wedding Dates To Avoid

Save Money By Picking The Right Wedding Date

More about the big date: Do you have a famous date twin?

93 Comments

• Jules
    Dedicated January 2019
    Jules ·
    • Flag

January 19th- The day we met Smiley smile Fortunately also falls on a Saturday in 2019.

• Gen
    Champion June 2019
    Gen ·
    • Flag
    I’ve always wanted to get married in June, between when allergies are awful and when it gets brutally hot (we live in NJ) and we wanted to do a Sunday lunch reception. I told FH to pick any Sunday in June and he picked 6/2 because it’s the “inverse” of our dating anniversary which is 2/6
  • Amber
    Dedicated October 2018
    Amber ·
    • Flag
    It's the 10 year anniversary of the day we met
  • FutureMrsKC
    Master January 2019
    FutureMrsKC ·
    • Flag

January 26th! The day we started dating! When we got engaged we looked at the calendar and saw it was a Saturday, perfect! We booked it right away. I'm excited to keep our anniversary forever!

It also helps that we live in Florida, so it won't be snowing, it won't be hurricane season, or 100 degrees. It's also a rather boring month so it gives us something to look forward to every year!

• Sandyfish
    Super August 2017
    Sandyfish ·
    • Flag
    H’s lucky number is 8, mine is 5. Made sense to have it as our wedding date since it fell on a Saturday.
  • BaccanoBride
    Savvy November 2019
    BaccanoBride ·
    • Flag
    November 3 is the day we started going out. 2019 will be our 5th anniversary.
  • Little Star
    Expert April 2019
    Little Star ·
    • Flag
    April 20th - we both love healing herb 😂
    We always take off work to relax and have a break from all the mundane stuff. It’s always fun. And it happens to fall on a Saturday next year. 😊
  • Alyssa
    Dedicated August 2018
    Alyssa ·
    • Flag
    August 18th 2012 is the first day we started dating. This year it falls on a Saturday! We were so excited.
  • Tpatb
    Master August 2019
    Tpatb ·
    • Flag
    Our date is the day we became “official” so we decided to keep the anniversary the same.
  • Brae
    VIP September 2019
    Brae ·
    • Flag
    Lol. Nothing. It just sounds right. September 21st. We wanted outdoor and not super hot. Plus its after his busy season. Also discovered its international day of peace, so that's nice.
  • MrsV1027
    Master October 2018
    MrsV1027 ·
    • Flag

We need to pick something not in the months of April-September so we started off there. We got engaged 12/2/2017 and didn't want a super long engagement either. We legally got married on 2/16/18 because me, him and my son all had the day off and decided to go to the court house to get that part done for insurance. I told him it'll save him a gift since our anniversary is so close to Valentine's Day lol.

We however planned and booked our wedding ceremony for our friends and family before we eloped and chose 10/27/18. We love Halloween and his birthday is 10/29/18. We looked at the calendar and just really liked the date. I like how now both dates are 2 days away from other big days lol

• C
    Just Said Yes August 2020
    Cesbes7 ·
    • Flag
    9/14/19 will be 3 years to the date we were engaged. Lucky for it to fall on a Saturday rather than pick a random day
  • Nemo
    VIP August 2018
    Nemo ·
    • Flag

Nothing special lol. We needed a date that fell during one of my graduate school breaks, so that left very few weeks. We asked our church what dates they still had available and decided on August 11th because it was about a year away and was right in the middle of my summer break.

• Emily
    Savvy June 2019
    Emily ·
    • Flag
    Originally we picked July 4th bc that was my parents and grandparents anniversary.. but ultimately we wanted our own day so we chose June 29th.. it is close to my parents anniversary as well as his fathers birthday who passed away a few years ago.
  • AislebelovingGrant
    Dedicated January 2019
    AislebelovingGrant ·
    • Flag
    January 27th 2014 was the date we started dating and when we get married it will be our 5 year anniversary in 2019! 💜
  • Maren
    Champion October 2021
    Maren ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

How perfect! Smiley smile How did you meet?

• Maren
    Champion October 2021
    Maren ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Aww! Smiley heart That's works perfectly, given your location too. Good point! January, after the holidays & New Years especially, definitely needs something exciting Smiley heart Thanks for sharing!

• Maren
    Champion October 2021
    Maren ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Sounds perfect to me! Smiley heart

• Maren
    Champion October 2021
    Maren ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Aww Smiley heart I bet you're so excited! Only 38 days until your big day!!!! Smiley heart

Thank you for sharing!

• Nicole
    Rockstar July 2020
    Nicole ·
    • Flag

I've always wanted a summer wedding since I'm a teacher and I've always wanted to get married outside. I like early July because normally it's not too brutally hot here in Southern California (though of course we're in the middle of heat wave right now...gotta make sure there's a weather plan if we get another one in 2 years!) and we didn't want to do it on the 4th (which is the other early Saturday date in 2020). Turns out 7/11 is it (and it's easy to remember!)

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics