E.
Super June 2012

If you could have any 2 mixed drinks at a wedding, which 2 drinks would that be?

E., on July 13, 2011 at 3:57 PM Posted in Planning 0 60
Saved

My venue allows us to have 2 mixed drinks picked out, which the bar tender will mix for us so long as we provide all of the ingredients needed to make the drinks. We are having our wedding in the summer at an outdoor venue, and I was thinking something that was fresh and popular was a good way to go.

Not being much of a drinker myself unless the alcohol literally tastes like candied syrup (i.e., I'm into the SUPER girly drinks), I was wondering what drinks were popular and would love to hear any opinions on what drinks anyone on here would prefer.

Personally, I was thinking maybe mojitos and strawberry daiquiris. BTW~I'm looking for mixed drinks only. We'll also be serving the usual (beer, wine, shots of hard liquor, etc.)

60 Comments

• The New Mrs Seedes
    Super August 2011
    The New Mrs Seedes ·
    • Flag

Summer at an outdoor venue makes me think of Sweet tea vodka mixed with lemonade. Super easy and always refreshing (to me) on a hot day.

• Mzlouis2b
    Devoted November 2012
    Mzlouis2b ·
    • Flag

Margaritas! the daiquiris sound good too. Comos and martnis are also good choices

• Heather
    Master September 2012
    Heather ·
    • Flag

Disorono and dr pep, or red apple martini Smiley smile

• K
    Master October 2011
    Kiss My ·
    • Flag

For me, I like screwdrivers or Sex on the beach. Here lately it has been Sex on the beach.

• Wicked Lizzie
    VIP September 2011
    Wicked Lizzie ·
    • Flag

Martines from my FBILS restaurant mmm they are amazing but i guess i will settle for drinking them the night before at the Rehearsal dinner

• mrs mom
    Super October 2011
    mrs mom ·
    • Flag

I don't know how formal your reception is going to be but at our parties we always serve margaritas because everyone loves them. I would say since you can only choose two, one should be sweet and fruity (like your strawberry daiquiris) and the other one should be something lighter and not sweet. Or... and I like this idea, you could offer your favorite drink and your FH's favorite.

• Mrs. Montoya!!!
    VIP October 2011
    Mrs. Montoya!!! ·
    • Flag

Pina Coladas, Mojitos

• Future Mrs.S
    Devoted July 2012
    Future Mrs.S ·
    • Flag

Strawberry daiquiris (is that the spelling?) are lovely, but can the bar cope with keeping the crushed ice at the right temp/consistency? Think they may need to be made fresh each time or stored in a chilled churner.

Pimms & lemonade (with fruit) always looks great and is a very summery drink. Or 'homemade' style pink lemonade with vodka?

• Future Mrs.S
    Devoted July 2012
    Future Mrs.S ·
    • Flag

Personal favourite would be Adult cherry cola: coke with cherry flavoured vodka Smiley smile

• antsy
    Super June 2012
    antsy ·
    • Flag

Sangria is a good one...although not sure if that counts as a mixed drink. Or try a pomagranite martini, or even a spin off of the mojito, like raspberry mojito.

• Heather
    Master September 2012
    Heather ·
    • Flag

Mmmm sangria Smiley smile

• Ashley
    VIP September 2011
    Ashley ·
    • Flag

Mojitos are a top fave if made correctly. Pina coladas are my next favorite.

margaritas are alright, and I love the simplicity of cranberry and vodka (not as strong as a cosmo but does the job).

• HRH Mags
    Master March 2014
    HRH Mags ·
    • Flag

You really cant go wrong with any of the above. What about long islands Smiley laugh

Also something sweet like white russian might be yummy

• Jen P.
    Master January 2012
    Jen P. ·
    • Flag

Manhattan for the men and martini for the women Smiley winking

• Liza
    Dedicated September 2012
    Liza ·
    • Flag

Lemondrop Martinis! YUMZ

• Clare316
    VIP September 2011
    Clare316 ·
    • Flag

Sangria, blueberry gimlets, mojitos

• MrsHarris
    Super March 2012
    MrsHarris ·
    • Flag

Mojitos and bellinis

• Mandy
    Expert November 2011
    Mandy ·
    • Flag

Vodka Cranberry or Mojito.. yummm-o!

• Abigail
    Devoted September 2011
    Abigail ·
    • Flag

There is a drink that olive garden makes it champange orange juice and grenadine. wont get you drunk but it taste so good. i also like pearl habors or greatful deads but im still young

• Mrs. M fka Sami B
    Master June 2012
    Mrs. M fka Sami B ·
    • Flag

What are your wedding colors? I love drinks that match the theme!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics