C
Beginner July 2018

Date change3 months until the wedding !!

candace, on March 28, 2018 at 9:21 AM Posted in Style and Décor 0 19
Saved Save

I need some advice on what to do , is it inconsiderate to move the wedding date back a week for a better looking venue and closer location ??Is it too late to change the date and location ...I haven't sent the invitations out yet.

19 Comments

• OG Kathryn
    Champion May 2016
    OG Kathryn ·
    • Flag

If you haven't sent anything out, i dont see why not?

• Powers2
    Master April 2018
    Powers2 ·
    • Flag

Why would it matter if you have not yet sent invitations?

• C
    Beginner July 2018
    candace ·
    • Flag

My fiance says that it would be inconsiderate to do it because some family members have already took days off and reserved cars and flights .

• Munchkin9218
    Master September 2018
    Munchkin9218 ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

If plans have been made then yes its rude.

• Jennifer
    Master September 2018
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag

Did you send out save the dates? Most of my bridal party and some of my relatives have already taken the day off and reserved their hotel for the weekend. Some have arranged travel too.

• OG Kathryn
    Champion May 2016
    OG Kathryn ·
    • Flag

Oh if flights are booked and cant be changed then yes, its rude.

• Powers2
    Master April 2018
    Powers2 ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

OK you left that out of your OP.

With this new information I think you should leave your plans as is.

• ISaidHallYes
    VIP November 2018
    ISaidHallYes ·
    • Flag

Remember also you have other vendors that would be ned changed. Plus if I had a flight booked that couldn't be changed I would be bummed.

• Brianna
    VIP May 2018
    Brianna ·
    • Flag

Since people have already made travel arrangements, yes, it would be rude to change everything on them.

• Janice
    Devoted July 2018
    Janice ·
    • Flag
    Unless the date had to change at the last minute because of a true emergency (the death of a close family member, for example), I’d be pissed if I already made those arrangements and had to cancel them, especially since a lot of hotels and airlines charge change fees or just won’t let you cancel, depending on your reservations. If I found out it was because of someone’s “vision,” I probably just wouldn’t go.
    The time for your vision was before you booked a venue. That time has passed.
  • Mrs. Fall Bride
    Master October 2016
    Mrs. Fall Bride ·
    • Flag

Yes, it's too late, given that people have paid for flights already. Unfortunately, you just have to accept that you missed the boat on this other venue, and continue on as planned.

• MrsA
    Master October 2015
    MrsA ·
    • Flag

I would never think to make plans until the formal invite has been received knowing things can change when planning a wedding. But they did it so no, don't make any changes.

• Casey
    VIP December 2018
    Casey ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Well most people don't change the date of their wedding after they send out "save the dates," which are meant to be a heads-up to make travel arrangements earlier and save money.

• C
    Beginner July 2018
    candace ·
    • Flag

Update *** no flights have been made and the vendors are willing to change free of charge

• Mrs. Fall Bride
    Master October 2016
    Mrs. Fall Bride ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

But are your guests willing to change their plans? I think this is a major inconvenience to change it by only one week.

• Will & Tiara
    Super September 2019
    Will & Tiara ·
    • Flag

I think that's okay as long as flights have not been booked and you should be okay with hotels and vendors -- they can be more flexible. I would call all the guests immediately and explain the situation and then go forth. Good luck!

• Michelle
    Devoted June 2018
    Michelle ·
    • Flag
    Not to late
  • C
    Beginner July 2018
    candace ·
    • Flag

Thanks everyone for your advice we ended up changing the date and everyone is happy !

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics