Jessica
Dedicated September 2015

Cruise wedding not as easy as I thought...aimless rant

Jessica, on July 16, 2013 at 7:20 PM Posted in Planning 0 10
Saved Save

I was cruising through my traditional wedding plans. Now that we changed direction, I'm completely stumped. Im completely up in the air about my budget now and I feel really clueless. Now that we are doing a cruise wedding my date has been unofficially changed to September 2014 so I really only have a few months to send out save the dates so I don't have much time to be confused! Ugh!

10 Comments

• Chrissy
    Expert June 2014
    Chrissy ·

I have no advice on planning the cruise wedding, but just be careful with a Sept carribean date. That's smack dab in the middle of hurricane season. I know travel insurance will protect things, but it'd suck if a storm ruined the wedding.

• Jessica
    Dedicated September 2015
    Jessica ·

Thanks Chrissy ur right unfortunately it was either that or march and i cannot handle being stuck on a cruise ship during spring break lol!

• Tina
    Devoted April 2014
    Tina ·

Which cruise line? I'm getting married on Carnival. Just asking cause if its the same I know what's covered.

• Jessica
    Dedicated September 2015
    Jessica ·

Yes yes yes I'm carnival too!

• Tina
    Devoted April 2014
    Tina ·

Shoot! I just typed a long response and my cat stepped on me and deleted it! Lol!

Have you booked anything yet? We had to book our cruise before the wedding dept would book our wedding. I have all the info if you're just starting to plan (paperwork, pricing, etc.). Let me know if you have any questions!

• Jessica
    Dedicated September 2015
    Jessica ·

We are booking the room next month and my main concern is the order of when I should I Send out info packets save the date and formal invitations. I hope you don't mind but I did take a peek at your wedding website It looks awesome by the way! I did see the pricing of the packages online for carnival but for the flower decorations included or is that a separate fee?

• Mrs.J
    VIP June 2013
    Mrs.J ·

I don't have any advise for you but Happy Planning and Good Luck.

• Jessica
    Dedicated September 2015
    Jessica ·

Thank u mrs j

• John Conner
    October 2019
    John Conner ·

Hi Jessica,

Congrats on choosing a cruise wedding. According to Carnival wedding packages,

"Flowers may vary based on some locations, where tropical arrangements will be substituted for roses. Additional flower options are available, as an upgrade"

You can see all their 2013 Carnival wedding packages here: http://grouptravel.org/group-cruise/carnival-cruise-wedding-packages/

• Jessica
    Master July 2012
    Jessica ·

Send Save the Dates first, approx 12 months to 10 months before the wedding, since it's a destination wedding that involves lots of planning/saving for the guests.

How far ahead do they suggest people reserve cruise ship rooms? Are you getting a group deal for the rooms? If so, then usually people need their reservations done by a certain time.

Normally wedding invites go out about 8-10 weeks before the wedding... however, that is not enough time for cruise reservations. I can see where this can get confusing. If people make their plans off of the STD, then you don't have much to worry about. But if they wait until they receive a real invitation, it could be too late. Do people send out invitations 4-6 months early for destination weddings???

Comment on this discussion