soontobeamrs
VIP July 2015

Based on What you know now..

soontobeamrs, on November 6, 2014 at 7:46 PM Posted in Planning 0 37
Saved Save

Would you have had the same wedding you had.

Elope

Had a much bigger wedding

Had a much smaller wedding

had a DW wedding

no wedding?

37 Comments

• Lady Firefly
    Master October 2014
    Lady Firefly ·
    • Flag

My wedding was a DW, small (27 guests), not a formal reception. I loved my venue so I don't think I would change anything other then maybe a different dress. The one I chose is beautiful (and I haven't gotten our pro pics back yet) but was very uncomfortable. I would have also budgeted for video but I knew from the get go I would regret that.

• M
    Master December 2014
    Melissa ·
    • Flag

I would have gone with a destination wedding like we originally planned and skipped all of the drama caused by our families.

• Della
    VIP July 2015
    Della ·
    • Flag

Elope. It's what I wanted to begin with. Silly thing about weddings though, you have to factor in the grooms opinion. In my case, my groom wanted a big fat wedding.

• Lauren
    Super October 2014
    Lauren ·
    • Flag

None of those. We had the right number of people. My only change would've been to keep the reception ending at 10 instead of 11. A lot of people left early and I was honestly beat by 10.

• Kemmie
    VIP May 2015
    Kemmie ·
    • Flag

Elope and take the 10k my mom offered me for a down payment for a house.

• ItsGoodToBeKing
    Master February 2014
    ItsGoodToBeKing ·
    • Flag

I would have replaced some of our relatives with more of our friends but same size, locations, and price tag.

• Z
    Master May 2012
    Zoe ·
    • Flag

I would have had the same wedding with only the tiniest of tweaks-- like not letting my sister come home with us before we went to visit my mom in the hospital.

• Mrs.T
    VIP February 2015
    Mrs.T ·
    • Flag

Definitely scaled the guest list back a bit

Maaaaaybe not designed my own dress - it's been a pretty challenging journey. Im sure I will love the end result though.

• Kimberly
    Super September 2014
    Kimberly ·
    • Flag

I would have had my wedding with a few tweaks . . .

• B
    Master December 2015
    BunnyLove ·
    • Flag

I would have a smaller wedding

• Becky
    Expert October 2014
    Becky ·
    • Flag

I am with Lauren... Only thing I would change is end the night earlier. I think everyone was beat but we had to keep the party going til 11 when the limo was coming. Other than that it was perfect and I wouldn't change a thing.

• JanuaryWedding
    Super January 2016
    JanuaryWedding ·
    • Flag

At first I wanted to do the whole big wedding thing. But the more I thought about the ceremony, the more I hated it. FH and I aren't technically eloping, we'll have a small (about 30 ppl if everyone invited goes) DW and then a reception when we get back. So I feel like I'm getting the best of both worlds and have been much happier since we decided it.

• Northern MN
    Master November 2014
    Northern MN ·
    • Flag

Very few things would I change at this point (but the wedding hasn't happened yet so maybe more). 1. I would have thought more about the dress....not need to feel bridal just feel more like me. 2. I wouldn't have felt so bad about not including people. SO many weddings have really limited wedding lists that being inclusive is awesome but probably not as much of a thing to worry about back we started making the guest list.

But the size of a wedding we are having now feels pretty perfect roughly 225 people with roughly 36 babies and kiddos coming. Smiley smile

• JaKLyn
    Master November 2015
    JaKLyn ·
    • Flag

Either elope, or we would've just said screw it and done things 100% the way we wanted to

• Enya
    VIP July 2015
    Enya ·
    • Flag

@January Wedding, that is pretty much what happened to us. I haven't regretted the decision since we paid the down payment for the ceremony on the catamaran. FH is happy, I'm happy, my parents are happy. Everyone else? Meh.

• Kate
    Master May 2012
    Kate ·
    • Flag

I would change hardly anything about the wedding.

We moved the Wednesday before our Saturday wedding, though--I would never do that again if I could help it.

• Munashi
    Super October 2014
    Munashi ·
    • Flag

Having experienced it? I'd keep it just the way it was.

• Shelby H.
    VIP October 2014
    Shelby H. ·
    • Flag

I may still be experiencing the high, but I honestly wouldn't change anything. It was perfect.

• Ashley P.
    Super October 2014
    Ashley P. ·
    • Flag

I wouldn't change a thing about my wedding. It was perfectly wonderful.

• DeniseD
    Master May 2015
    DeniseD ·
    • Flag

I would of gone smaller (our wedding is expecting 300).

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics