GoneAndMarried
Master August 2015

Anyone Use WedFlik or a Similar Service??

GoneAndMarried, on September 4, 2014 at 12:47 PM Posted in Planning 0 9
Saved Save

So, as it turns out we cannot add ceremony-only wedding videography (which nearly as expensive as full-day coverage) to our budget. Sigh. But I got an email today from WedFlik, with a $110 off coupon code, making their basic package $239. Essentially they ship you 5 cameras, each with 2 hours worth of shooting time, and you give them to a handpicked number of people to "record" the ceremony, then you send the cameras back (free shipping) and then you can download the footage later on. Has anyone tried this? Did you have good footage?

9 Comments

• GoneAndMarried
    Master August 2015
    GoneAndMarried ·
    • Flag

*shameless bump* Anyone??

• Courtney
    VIP January 2015
    Courtney ·
    • Flag

We're using Wedflik. Buuuut I haven't had my wedding yet, so idk how it will turn out! We can't afford a videographer either.

• GoneAndMarried
    Master August 2015
    GoneAndMarried ·
    • Flag

Well I would definitely be interested to see how it went!

• Soon to be MRS. T
    Beginner August 2015
    Soon to be MRS. T ·
    • Flag

I would recommend that you try and find room for it in your budget… all my friends that have already been married that didn't get a videographer said they regret it. It's going to be one of the best days of your life.

• GoneAndMarried
    Master August 2015
    GoneAndMarried ·
    • Flag

Unfortunately at a couple thousand dollars, its just not an option. We are paying cash for the wedding, and paying for the whole thing with no help, hosting all parties etc. Its just not a possibility :/

• PRWedding
    Super February 2016
    PRWedding ·
    • Flag

Sounds fun, but are they also editing the footage? If not, I wonder if buying video cameras from Costco (or somewhere though Costco is my favorite store) and returning them after the wedding would be cheaper and similar.

• Courtney
    VIP January 2015
    Courtney ·
    • Flag

^ It depends what package you get. If you get the higher package, they will edit it for you. If not, you get all the raw footage to do what you want with it. We will probably make our own video.

• GoneAndMarried
    Master August 2015
    GoneAndMarried ·
    • Flag

Essentially, it would cost me $200 for the cameras and all of the unedited footage. Which, honestly sounds like a huge project to edit all that footage, since I am inexperienced. I could go to higher package to get a nice dvd, but that pushes it right back out of my budget. My photog quoted $900 for ceremony only and $1700 for all day, and I cannot add anymore room to our budget

• Cynthia
    Just Said Yes August 2016
    Cynthia ·
    • Flag

The code is VIBE110 to get $110 off, if anyone is interested Smiley smile

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics