True North Weddings and Events Reviews

18 | Port Townsend, WA

18 Reviews for True North Weddings and Events

Ross · Married on 06/24/2017

we rented farm tables for our reception and benches for our beach ceremony- both were beautiful. Delivery and pick up went smoothly.

Sent on 08/09/2017

Maurice · Married on 08/09/2014

First off I'll just say that AJ and Geoff are amazing and we are so thankful that they were our officiants. Long story short, our original officiant cancelled on us 60 days before our wedding. We called over 20 officiants and many were willing to help us, but were double booking and even triple booking their day to accommodate us. Although nice gestures, we weren't willing to be the "next stop" for our officiant on our special day.

We kept calling around and that was when we found True North Weddings and we are SO thankful we found Aj/ Geoff. They were easy to talk with and extremely understanding of our unique situation. We needed to meet them immediately and within the next week we drove up to Port Townsend to meet them.

We met at a small cafe in Port Townsend where they listened to us, got an understanding of who we were as a couple, what made us unique, our love story, but not just the big points. They listened and observed the details of the story. They paid attention. They cared and you could tell. It was sincere.

The wedding day came and when it was time to approach the "alter" AJ performed an amazing ceremony. It was moving. She added in a few "surprise" lines that we didn't know about and it was truly amazing to hear for the first time. Not only were we surprised, but we were approached by MANY people in the wedding about how well AJ did and the ceremony overall. Family members, friends relatives all said the ceremony AJ performed was truly amazing and unique.

We can honestly say that AJ and Geoff helped make our wedding day special. As cliche as it sounds, they really were perfect and we were thankful that our original officiant cancelled, because we were able to work the AJ and Geoff.

We will 100% vouch for this team/ company for future weddings. They are a special group.

Sent on 09/10/2014

True North Weddings and Events's reply:

Wow. THANK YOU for such a glowing response! It truly was a special day for Geoff and I as well and we were so honored to be a part of it. Please do keep in touch.

Bob · Married on 07/18/2014

I first contacted Geoff in Febuary I think. In talking with him on the phone I had a good idea I liked him and his service and style he provided. He has a good sence of humor and was very personable.
    After I contracted him for my wedding we began the design of the cerimony. He has some awesome tools to use for this. It made it so easy and fun and since he has been doing this for sometime, he has many, many great ideas!!!
    After the builing of the ceromony we went up to Port Townsand for a personal vist to meet Geoff and really chat about everything because he wanted to get to know us and us him. He does not want to be a stranger at your event. We sat, talked and had coffee for 2 hours and it was just like sitting with friends.
    We were really trying to come up with a unity cerimony that was personal to us. We did not want the usaull sands and stuff like that.
    Not only did Geoff come up with a perfect unity cerimony, his with is wonderfully crafty and made our components custion for us! It was stunning and perfect!!!! The day of the wedding was here and we gathered on a beach for the event. Geoff pulled the wedding off perfect and had some really great custom touches to it. Especially our forever contract!

I cant thank Geoff and his wife AJ enough for all the help and a perfect experience! We also contracted AJ to do our photo's as they are very reasonable!!!

Thanks again Geoff and AJ. It was perfect!!!!

Sent on 08/11/2014

True North Weddings and Events's reply:

It was such a pleasure to be a part of your wedding day, Bob. It was a magical day and we really thank you for introducing us to such a special place on this earth. Can't wait to see the results of the pictures that day! Coming soon!

Geoff was friendly and accommodating. It was great to work with someone in town and easy to meet up. He made everyone feel at ease during tense moments and maintained the flow of events without skipping a beat.

Sent on 07/11/2014

Jenna · Married on 06/14/2014

All I can say is WOW! True North Weddings was amazing. I’m so glad that we found these wonderful people to help shape our spectacular wedding. Right from the first communication and meeting, I knew it would be perfect. They were professional, creative, caring and so helpful. They helped us to craft a wedding ceremony that will never be forgotten. They asked relevant questions to get to know us individually and as a couple and our family. They respected our beliefs and wishes for the ceremony. They helped to get things ready the day before and during the morning of the ceremony right up to the end and beyond. The entire thing was spectacular. I cannot say enough about the quality of service True North Weddings provided. I would recommend them again and again. I’m so glad they were such a big part of our special day. Thank you!!

Sent on 06/20/2014

Jenna,

We both are so happy you enjoyed your ceremony. We create special days for all of our couples, but the level of intimacy and creativity that went into your day will stand out as one of our favorites. Some of the elements that the two of you came up with allowed AJ to really capture the both of you and your love story. It was an honor, and a joy to be a part of your day.

Andrea · Married on 06/01/2014

Originally we were trying to get married through the church but was unable to get all the requirements completed in time. True North Weddings & events stepped in with little notice (about a week to be exact) with which to prepare for the wedding. They were very helpful, we knew nothing about the legal end of getting married and they told us where to go and what to expect. They were also very accommodating to our last-minute plans, the result being Geoff preformed a wonderful ceremony and really captured us as a couple. True North Weddings really helped make our wedding something special, Thank you so much the wonderful memories.

Joshua & Andrea Beebe

Sent on 06/04/2014

Joshua and Andrea,

It may have been a last minute wedding on our part, but I can tell that you put much thought and care into the words that we spoke that day. May the sunshine that blessed us on your wedding day forever warm your hearts and light your path through life as a married couple.

Noreen · Married on 05/31/2014

Jeff was very nice to work with. He made sure to take time to personalize our ceremony.

Sent on 06/09/2014

Mary · Married on 05/03/2014

Geoff really came through. He worked hand in hand with my fiance to help him write vows that sounded so nice. My husband wanted to write his own but was having such a hard time with it. Because of that, Geoff sat down with him over coffee 3 times before the wedding and helped create something that made me feel so loved. Good job Geoff and I love you Danny!!

Sent on 05/09/2014

I don't usually like reviewing businesses, but AJ had asked me 3 or 4 times if I would because it helps her business. I don't think she needs any help because she is perfect. We are not very open people and really did not want a great big drawn out ceremony. Well, we got what we asked for in the form of a very private ceremony with just my husband and wife on a dock with all of our guests waiting on the shore. When she was done with the private ceremony she called our witnesses over to pronounce us husband and wife and then walked to our assembled guests, did a nice reading about marriage and announced we were ready to greet the world as a married couple. Very intimate and loving.

True North Weddings and Events's reply:

I know who you are... :) I really enjoyed working with the both of you. It was a very special moment.

When AJ said she can create a custom ceremony for our wedding I got really excited. We are a non traditional couple who wanted something different. Needless to say, AJ and Geoff did a great job turning our ceremony into something truly us! Thank you True North..

True North Weddings and Events's reply:

You were not kidding when you said you wanted something nontraditional. A sci fi themed wedding? Loved it!

True North Weddings really came thru! We were desperately searching for a wedding officant for our February 14th wedding when our first wedding officiant backed out on us at the last minute. I was a mess, to say the least, but Jeff made me feel so at ease and since True North has more than one officiant, they could accommodate our popular holiday wedding at the last minute. I also want to say that even though we had only recently met Jeff, the ceremony was beautiful and we felt like we had known him forever! Not a dry eye in the place!

Sent on 03/02/2014

True North Weddings and Events's reply:

I have to say that your wedding was so beautiful. As much as I enjoyed performing the ceremony, I think I enjoyed the decorations and the spirit of your wedding even more. You have to let me know who your planner was.

Alison · Married on 01/26/2014

Perfect! You were so helpful in guiding us to write our own vows and we had many guests tell us it was so heartfelt they were in tears themselves. Thank you again...

Alison

Sent on 03/21/2014

True North Weddings and Events's reply:

I really enjoyed spending the time with you on creating your ceremony. It truly is a joyous occasion when all of our hard work generates tears in the bride and the groom.

I can't get over how True North was able to create a ceremony for my wedding that reflected the two distinct religions of my husband and myself. (Catholic and Jewish) They were able to blend the two in such a way that was perfect and kept our traditional parents happy. My mom and dad both cried and told us it was not what they expected, but it worked so well. Everybody was so happy.

Sent on 03/13/2014

True North Weddings and Events's reply:

I was a pleasure to be there on the day that you blended your two lives, and two families together. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of it.

Charlotte · Married on 09/14/2013

Reverend Amy made our wedding day everything we could have hoped for. She helped us create a personalized ceremony and that meant so much to us and brought many of our guests to tears. We appreciated her attitude that it was Our Day and that the wedding wouldn't start until I was ready. Her humor and expertise made me feel so comfortable and less stressed. I’m so glad I picked her over the other Officiants who contacted me. She really played a huge part in making our wedding so special and memorable. I recommend her highly!
    Mrs. Charlotte Sanders

Sent on 02/07/2014

True North Weddings and Events's reply:

I am accustomed to reassuring brides with pre wedding jitters, and believe me, you are not the first. Your wedding was beautiful and I am so honored to have been a part of it.

M+T · Married on 08/10/2014

True North Weddings was truly a wonderful wedding officiant and coordinator duo (as per what we wanted). We had our wedding on a beautiful Sunday afternoon in Port Townsend. The officiant and coordinator were truly flexible to our needs. As a couple getting married, they walked us through the process and even gave some ideas after getting to know us. They truly get to know you and work very hard on your special day. They even drove out to the event before the wedding day multiple times when the place of the event wasn't answering our questions! They blended into our families seamlessly during the day of our event and made the bride and groom so very comfortable during the day. The officiant sets up a day with you before the wedding an gets to know you real well. He performed the ceremony with a little comedy, wit, and truly touching statements. We would recommend and say thank you true north weddings!Very good and helpful for a good price in the market.

Sent on 08/17/2014

True North Weddings and Events's reply:

We had so much fun working on your day. Your family was so very easy to work with and you both not only made it easy to write a great ceremony, you managed to make your officiant tear up a little during the wedding. Thank you for allowing us to take part in your day.

Geoff was quick to respond to our inquiry, readily available to meet in person to review details. Prompt with following up with the invoice and confirmation of booking as well as getting directions to location.

Sent on 03/30/2014

True North Weddings and Events's reply:

First wedding I did where the bride and groom were standing in the water. Beautiful. Thank you for including me.

0.0

SCAMMERS! My wife and I met these two (Geoff/Jeff & Amy/AJ) at a Panera Bread in East Michigan almost a year before our wedding date. They were called The Moment Counts back then. After meeting them and discussing our ideas back & forth, we gave them a check for $250 in order to secure their officiating services for our wedding. We had some back and forth, but not a ton because our day was still a ways out.

As the wedding got closer, they were increasingly hard to get ahold of. They had "family issues," then they "were moving," and so on. We eventually stopped hearing from them altogether and at the same time their website and facebook went down. We grew worried after having no calls or emails and 2 months to the wedding, so we secured a backup officiant. THANK GOODNESS WE DID because we never heard from them again and our down payment was long gone. We then discovered a whole group of people were looking for them on facebook, so we made a group. Literally 30 people were on it within a week. Some stories were just like ours, except from other areas they'd lived in, scammed, then disappeared. We wanted to press charges but they fell off the map entirely.

We then found out 4 or 5 months later they popped up in Washington state and went right back at it again under the name The Magpie Bride. New business name, new names for them, same scam. They do a couple weddings to build referrals/testimonials, then over book themselves, cash in their down payments and go off the grid. Move to a new city, repeat. We know this because the police have a trail of paperwork from these 2 and their routine. Please do not give them your time, energy or money!!! You'll get nothing back from them as they are serial frauds. Geoff Gardner and Amy Rowyn, you should be ashamed of yourselves for scamming people over an event that is supposed to be the happiest day of their lives. Disgusting.

Sent on 10/28/2014
  • User3191739 · 2+ years ago

0.0

I met Geoff and Amy (AJ) at a Panera Bread with my fiancé to get to know them when they were running “The Moment Counts” in Michigan and they seemed so genuine that we decided to book them for our special day with Geoff being the officiant. Regardless of whether or not it was their intention to not fulfill their contract with us, they failed us and left us stranded. They shut down their website, all of their websites and moved away without ever returning a single call or email. Inevitably they also never reimbursed us. Even worst, they play victims when so many brides and grooms were displaced on their special day. I do not know if their hearts have changed, but they have taken our money and we know we will never hear from them again to do the right thing.

Things in life happen but be very careful about who you select as your wedding officiant. You can pay as a provider on Weddingwire to have any rating you want so please do your research and do not choose just a popular seeming person!

Sent on 10/28/2014