Simply Say I Do

98406, Tacoma, WA 98406 Map · Phone number · Visit website

About Simply Say I Do

Jan Smillie is a Tacoma, Washington-based wedding officiant serving weddings, elopements and vow renewals in the South Sound area. Jan believes that your wedding day should be all about you. That includes the ceremony too! She’ll let you decide the atmosphere you want to create on your wedding day. Whether you imagine something short and sweet or elaborate and detailed, Jan is committed to bringing your vision to life.

Jan Smillie offers a variety of services. In addition to top-of-the-line officiating services, Jan also offers event planning services to the couples she works with. Using her knack for details and excellent relationships with vendors in the area, Jan assists her couples in a smooth and stress-free wedding experience from start to finish. Her services include:

• Customized vows

Couple photo

101 Reviews for Simply Say I Do

Caryn · Married on 10/20/2018

A great experience!

Planning a wedding long-distance wasn't easy, but Jan made our ceremony one of the highlights of the day. We hired her after exchanging a few e-mails and we met with her in person several months before the ceremony. She was very warm and personable, and asked us both questions that made us think about our love for each other. I would highly recommend her to anyone who needs a wedding officiant in the Tacoma area!

Bailey Read · Married on 10/20/2018

Wonderful Ceremony, Amazing Service

Jan is simply awesome. I had to plan my wedding from 4 hours away. Then add on navigating my complex family relations, it was overwhelming at time. Jan was there to reassure me that everything would be just fine and she always had a plan. Our ceremony was wonderful. She made a beautiful, personal, and non-religious ceremony (as per our request). If I could go back I would have hired her as my coordinator as well. She's worth it.

Simply Say I Do FAQ

• What is the typical price for your wedding services? $ 350.00
  • What is the starting price for your wedding services? $ 250.00
  • Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal? No
  • What is the starting price for ceremony rehearsals? $ 100.00
  • What services do you provide? Allow Couples' Own Vows, Licensed
  • What religious affiliations do you serve? No Denomination
  • On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate? Less than 30 mins.
  • What languages do you speak? English

• Lazzat Photography, LLC
    Lazzat Photography, LLC Wedding Photographers

An officiant is the first person to announce you as a Married Couple, and the only person that officially ties your knot! And choosing the right one, who can connect with you on a personal level, get to know you, and genuinely care about you, is absolutely essential if you want to make your day extra special. Working with many wedding vendors, I have yet to see the most perfect officiant other than Ms. Jan Smillie. She also owns Ruston Chapel and offers services not only for your Ceremony, but a reception as well, including linens and decorations. It is an honor to work alongside with the vendor who is extremely passionate and caring about each one of her couples! I would highly recommend her to everyone engaged in a heartbeat! Thank you, Ms. Jan, for being such an amazing person to work with!

• Lifetime Memories Officiating
    Lifetime Memories Officiating Wedding Officiants

An Officiant is an integral part of your ceremony as you marry each other. Jan Smillie is "top shelf" in this category. She is always pleasant with a smile on her face. She takes her work seriously and loves what she does. She does not limit herself to certain types or styles of weddings but realizes that it is your day and everything about it should be just the way you have always dreamed. Jan never puts unreasonable time restrictions on you and her fees are very reasonable too. I highly recommend her and I know you will be very happy if you select Jan as your Officiant.

• 98406 Tacoma, Washington, WA 98406 See on map