98406, Tacoma, WA 98406 Map · Phone number
· Visit website

About Simply Say I Do

Jan Smillie is a Tacoma, Washington-based wedding officiant serving weddings, elopements and vow renewals in the South Sound area. Jan believes that your wedding day should be all about you. That includes the ceremony too! She’ll let you decide the atmosphere you want to create on your wedding day. Whether you imagine something short and sweet or elaborate and detailed, Jan is committed to bringing your vision to life.

Jan Smillie offers a variety of services. In addition to top-of-the-line officiating services, Jan also offers event planning services to the couples she works with. Using her knack for details and excellent relationships with vendors in the area, Jan assists her couples in a smooth and stress-free wedding experience from start to finish. Her services include:

• Customized vows

Simply Say I Do 1
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 06/30/2019

Beautiful ceremony!

Jan was incredible! She wrote a beautiful ceremony for our wedding. She was also so professional, organized, and prepared. We really appreciated how she made sure the wedding party knew what they needed to, gave us unique and thoughtful ideas to use during the ceremony, and truly made us feel comfortable. She was responsive to emails and always answered any questions we had. We love that she took the time to get to know us, and her ceremony felt unique and perfect for us. She was such an important part of making our wedding day special. I would not hesitate to recommend her! Thank you Jan!

Sent on 07/02/2019

Lindsay Mercill-Rider · Married on 05/18/2019

Jan made our ceremony so unique to us and special!

Jan was organized and friendly from our first meeting. She helped us figure out all the things we weren’t even aware we were supposed to be doing! My husband and I have 4 children between us and we really wanted them to be as much apart of the big day as we were. Jan did just that. We got multiple compliments on her when the ceremony was done. I highly recommend.

Sent on 05/23/2019

Simply Say I Do FAQ

• What is the typical price for your wedding services?
    $ 350.00
  • What is the starting price for your wedding services?
    $ 250.00
  • Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal?
  • What is the starting price for ceremony rehearsals?
    $ 100.00
  • What types of weddings and events do you provide services for?
    Non-religious
    Interfaith
    Ceremony Rehearsal
    Vow Renewal
    Civil Union
    Single Religion
  • What services do you provide?
    Allow Couples' Own Vows
    Licensed
  • What religious affiliations do you serve?
    No Denomination
  • On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate?
    Less than 30 mins.
  • What languages do you speak?
    English

• Lazzat Photography, LLC
    Lazzat Photography, LLC Wedding Photographers

An officiant is the first person to announce you as a Married Couple, and the only person that officially ties your knot! And choosing the right one, who can connect with you on a personal level, get to know you, and genuinely care about you, is absolutely essential if you want to make your day extra special. Working with many wedding vendors, I have yet to see the most perfect officiant other than Ms. Jan Smillie. She also owns Ruston Chapel and offers services not only for your Ceremony, but a reception as well, including linens and decorations. It is an honor to work alongside with the vendor who is extremely passionate and caring about each one of her couples! I would highly recommend her to everyone engaged in a heartbeat! Thank you, Ms. Jan, for being such an amazing person to work with!

• Lifetime Memories Officiating
    Lifetime Memories Officiating Wedding Officiants

An Officiant is an integral part of your ceremony as you marry each other. Jan Smillie is "top shelf" in this category. She is always pleasant with a smile on her face. She takes her work seriously and loves what she does. She does not limit herself to certain types or styles of weddings but realizes that it is your day and everything about it should be just the way you have always dreamed. Jan never puts unreasonable time restrictions on you and her fees are very reasonable too. I highly recommend her and I know you will be very happy if you select Jan as your Officiant.

• 98406 Tacoma, Washington, 98406 See on map