Time Productions Reviews

113 | Sewell, NJ

113 Reviews for Time Productions

1 User photo

Loved working with Stew, he made the process easy and responded to emails promptly, which is more than I can say for some of my other vendors. The music selection was spot on and he kept the party going. He has a very personable personality and I felt confident that he had everything under control.

I only have small 2 critiques, 1 was that I had asked the custom gobo I had them make to be projected on the wall and it ended up being on the floor, which isn't a huge deal but I would have liked to have been asked about that- as I wanted people to see it as they walked in right away and on the floor it felt kindof hidden. And the groomsmen were announced as "ushers" even though I had crossed that out on the sheet and put "groomsmen" again, not a huge deal but some of the groomsmen were a little confused as we consider a groomsmen and usher to have 2 different functions.

Overall we were really very happy with the vendor and the critiques are really minor. I would highly recommend based on the service, professionalism and great attitude.

Sent on 12/26/2014

DEBBIE · Married on 06/09/2012

TIME PRODUCTIONS,DJ AND PHOTO BOOTH THEY WERE AWESOME,OUR GUEST AND I ARE SO HAPPY, THE PARTY WAS WONDERFUL.

Sent on 06/11/2012

Becky · Married on 07/04/2016

We love Time Productions and have been at many events (Weddings, Birthdays, Fundraisers) where DJ Tom was spinning the records. When we needed to choose a DJ for our wedding there was no questions we wanted Time Productions and DJ Tom to be our guy. We were married on Monday July 4th and booked about 10 months ahead. Tom was fabulous as usual. We didn't want the night of dancing to end. Also, TP and Tom were patient and helped us tremendously as we had a hard time choosing our ceremony music. We would recommend them hands down for your wedding or formal affair.

Sent on 07/27/2016

David · Married on 04/30/2011

3.5

DJ Stew created just the right ambiance for our wedding. Every detail was addressed in advance and he followed through with each silly request we made. Our guests commented on how great it was to hear 80s songs (as we requested) and he even refused to play the one song we asked him not to play (the chicken dance) when my young nephews requested it. He had absolutely no problem with the fact that we were a same-sex couple, which was a delight.

Sent on 05/17/2011

heather · Married on 06/20/2015

DJ Marc Alan was absolutely AMAZING!! Our wedding reception never stopped partying! He knew exactly when to throw in a slow song, he knew exactly how to transition from one type of song to another, and when to throw in different special dances or activities. DJ Marc kept in contact with myself and my new wife throughout the night, to make sure that we were happy and pleased with what was going on. He took it upon himself to personally make sure that we were happy and pleased with the way that our wedding reception was going. He has a very good sense of humor, and fit in very nicely with our crowd. He was very personable and was very good at what he did. While booking and picking out a DJ, the owner of Time Productions (Stew) was very accommodating, and very helpful with my questions. My experience with the company as a whole was nothing but top notch

Sent on 06/22/2015

We just had our Wedding at lakeside at Medford and used Time productions. We were refereed to have DJ Marc do our wedding. From the moment he went on the microphone the energy level and all the guests were up . He kept the energy level up all night long from the introductions till the last song of the night and had all of our guests dancing. He mixed up the music for the older and younger people. He did our ceremony and reception. All of the guests feel Marc is one of the best out there in the business as he is highly recommended. Thank you again to DJ Marc and Time productions!!

Sent on 06/18/2015

3.5

We used Time Productions via Summit Catering for our wedding. Complaints we have were minor, such as an extra $100 charge for an outdoor ceremony and another extra charge cocktail hour that wasn't in the reception room but no big deal. The dance floor was always full but I was a little disappointed that the DJ didn't play many of the songs we listed for our playlist; we spent a good amount of time filling out the forms for all the music. He also held off on giving our officiant microphone for the ceremony and speakers due to a chance of rain, so we had to ask specifically for the microphone that we paid the extra money for - no one would have been able to hear our officiant. Otherwise everything went well; Ed was fun to work with and everyone seemed to enjoy the music.

Sent on 09/24/2015

Ashley · Married on 05/02/2015

3.8
      3.5

Time Productions was the DJ for our May 2nd 2015 Wedding. While we were overall happy with them there were a few issues that we were upset about.
    First, three days prior to the Wedding they contacted us saying they forgot to charge us $100 for it being an Outside Ceremony.
    Second, as we understand things happen, his computer crashed right before Introductions where all our specific music for the Wedding was and he was beside himself until one of our Groomsmen who was in IT had to take 45 minutes to fix his computer which screwed up the flow of the Wedding. Without our Groomsmen’s help we are unsure what he would have done.
    Although we had a few issues we had an AMAZING night as well as ALL of our guests!

In addition- we rented the Photo Booth (the attendants were GREAT) but felt the props provided were limited and lame.
    We ABSOLUTELY LOVED the Photo Album we got at the end of the night!

After the major issue of the DJ’s Computer crashing mid-Wedding, we felt the Owner of Time Productions should have contacted us with AT LEAST an apology.
    Time Productions was very friendly, and despite our issues we would recommend them in the future because they had EVERYONE on the dance floor the ENTIRE night!

Sent on 05/25/2015

Amanda · Married on 07/24/2010

3.4
      3.0

Well, they were very willing to work with us, they even let us choose all of our own music- but our DJ (Mark) was kind of a dud. He wasn't funny, and he screwed up the music (Several times!!!) when my maid of honour was singing a song to us. Also, they played the "charlie brown/peanuts" soundtrack while our parents were walking into the reception. I wasn't happy about that at all. All-in-all, I can just say he/they was OK.

Sent on 08/20/2010

Time Productions's reply:

DJ Marc is one of our most accomplished, and popular, performers. We have received, many, thank you notes on his behalf from delighted clients. The music that the client was unhappy with was provided by a bridal party member. As with all of our events, great lengths are taken to insure that our clients hear all requested music.

Andrew · Married on 11/14/2009

3.2
      2.5
      3.0

was a little hard to get a hold of stew, eventually we got an email from his other work address (Grey hound!) to set everything up.

Every date we were told we would be contacted by slipped by at least a little bit, but we did get everything ironed out before the big day.

Then the night of the wedding he got the intro order of the wedding party wrong. (we had discussed it) And despite being asked by the best man, the matron of honor and then even the groom to just turn it down a smidge he would wait til the song was over and then crank it back up. I don't know if his spot in the venue just wasn't as loud or what, but I got a few complaints.

And then 3 years later I got an email from his company asking me to like them on facebook and write a review here.

As for the flexibility, we had some unique requests that were mostly accommodated (other than hey turn it down please!) He did say many of the songs we were requesting (pre-wedding day) were the type that it was unlikely alot of people would dance to. He was 100% right about that. But did add in some more typical music to get people on the floor later on (which was fine by us).

Price was included with out caterer, who was pretty inexpensive so I imagine Time was also.

Typical dude in sunglasses, energetic.

Update: He did call the next day after I posted this to respond. Still had my # ...but not the notes that I worked nights lol (I don't hold that against him though, happens all the time.)

Sent on 01/31/2013

Time Productions's reply:

My name is Stew & I own Time Productions. While we did handle this event, I was not, personally, the DJ for this client. Therefore, the use of my name as the entertainer is, completely, inaccurate. I do not have another job, I am easily accessible & honor all client requests/preferences. That is our company policy. It's unfortunate that this is coming to my attention over 3 years after the event took place. Our DJ who did handle the event has many positive reviews & thank you notes on file. He said that the bride complimented him & gave him a $50 gratuity for a job well done. I'm saddened that the groom was not as happy. We value all relationships created with our clients and I am disturbed to hear of any dissatisfaction. Upon reading this review, I left a message for the groom to contact me to discuss the event but, to date, he hasn't responded.
  • Sierra

Sierra Catheryn · Married on 07/10/2020

Embarrassing.

Wish I could give 0 stars for this company. Time Productions was a preferred vendor at my sisters wedding and our entire family is embarrassed by the DJ. From the ceremony to the reception it was absolutely terrible. During the ceremony the microphone went out. Right before we walked in the DJ tried saying he didn't have our walk in songs even though he did. When we were supposed to be walking in he didn't go in order that we gave him, was just playing random songs and wasn't announcing the family and bridal party. I (the maid of honor) had to run out in the middle of a song to tell him he needs to go in order and to announce everyone's names as listed. He still continued playing the wrong songs then announcing the wrong names. My sister was so upset, she was in tears and called Time Productions immediately asking for a refund. My mom ended up running out & grabbing the microphone & ended up emceeing the walk ins. He still didn't play the correct songs. Once we walked out when it was supposed to be the first dance he didn't play the song and my sister actually had to look over and tell him to play it. Absolutely terrible. After the wedding I found the DJ's Instagram account & on all his captions he puts "DJ NO CLUE WHAT I'M DOING" and he isn't lying. DO NOT HIRE THIS COMPANY.

Sent on 10/21/2019

0.6
      0.5

DJ did not "engage" the guests with the music / activity of the wedding reception. Mother of the Bride explained her hearing disability to DJ prior to event and explained how important it was not to BLAST the music; he ignored that request and Blasted the music so that many guests (including the Mother of the Bride) had to remain outside on the terrace the entire evening. Many guests would not even go near the dance floor due to the noise level. Would not recommend this DJ for any indoor event...perhaps his BLAST-THE-GUESTS routine wouldn't be so bad at an outdoor event.

Sent on 09/27/2015

Time Productions's reply:

We feel that this review is completely inaccurate. It seems to have been written by the bride's mother who, unfortunately, was involved in an accident that resulted in her being hypersensitive to sound & light. We have great compassion for her condition & wish her the best. While consulting, she was informed that, due to her condition, her assessment of the volume level may be different than ours. She was asked to approach the DJ, at any time, if she felt that the volume was too loud. Unfortunately, she did not. Behind the scenes, guests were asking for the volume to be louder but their requests were declined due to the mother's condition. Also, the videographer asked for the microphone volumes to be louder during the toasts. That request was declined as well because of the mother's condition. The reception went well & the dance floor was active. The guests were engaged & involved. In her email to the caterer for the event, she did complain about the volume level but also wrote that "he played all the music the bride liked and she had a good time dancing with her friends".

Alexis · Married on 10/22/2011

0.0

This DJ company was included in the package from my caterer. When it was time to start working with them to plan out wedding music they refused to meet with my husband and I repeatedly. We actually had to be introduced to our DJ on our wedding day because we had no idea who he was. We chose acoustic guitar instrumentals for music while guests were being seated up until we walked down the aisle. They played the wrong versions of songs and then played the song American Pie by Don McClean. This song has lyrics about a widowed bride and music dying - it is absolutely HORRIBLE for a wedding to be played minutes before I walked down the aisle. The DJ completely surprised our best man about the timing for his toast. We had TONS of guests comment to us that they were the worst wedding DJ they'd ever seen. Then after the wedding when I let my caterer know that we weren't really thrilled with the DJ service the owner of the DJ company was a complete jerk and said that we were totally wrong about all of our concerns. We would have had better music and the music we wanted if we'd just used an ipod and speakers. It was AWFUL!!!!! Please DO NOT use them!

Sent on 11/19/2011

Time Productions's reply:

We are deeply saddened by this review as we take great pride in honoring the preferences, requests & special needs of every client. We, truly, wish the best for each newlywed couple and strive to provide superior entertainment services. Unfortunately, this review contains information which seems to have been misinterpreted by our client. The specific responses to their allegations are listed below:
    1. We DID NOT refuse a personal meeting and NEVER would. Our DJ’s contact every client via telephone to have a consultation & discuss all details. Clients who wish to meet in person are advised to indicate that preference to their entertainer who will be happy to accommodate. The client was informed of this policy. Unfortunately, they did not request a personal meeting from their entertainer. They, also, did not contact our office following their telephone consultation to indicate that a personal meeting had not been scheduled.
    2. The client DID know who their DJ was. They were informed who their entertainer was, by our office, well in advance & had a telephone consultation with him to discuss all details prior to their event.
    3. The DJ was prepared with all of the correct versions (artist & title) of each requested song. Musical preparation is taken care of at our office & our DJ’s are provided with ALL music requested for EVERY event. Unfortunately, the DJ played two incorrect versions of requested songs during the prelude portion (seating of the guests) of the ceremony. They were the correct song titles but incorrect artists. It was a case of human error for which we apologize.
    4. A portion of “American Pie” was played. We provide a “do not play” section in our wedding reception planning forms for clients to indicate music that they do not want to be played at their event. That song was not on the list. However, we do regret our client’s dissatisfaction with that choice & have instituted a, new, policy for our entertainers to confirm all prelude selections played, following requested music, should additional time be needed.
    5. The DJ DID NOT “surprise” the best man about the toast. In fact, he was advised of it while being lined up for bridal party introductions. It's standard practice to have the toast delivered after the 1st dance & prior to the meal. The toast was given at the appropriate time.
    6. The client requested “wedding favorites”, for their reception, on their planning form. Having reviewed the DJ’s playlist, we believe that request was, completely, honored. At no time during the event did the client voice dissatisfaction with the musical selection. Had they done so, our DJ would have gladly accommodated all requests and preferences.
    7. The client was NOT told that they were totally wrong about all of their concerns. That would NEVER occur as the concerns of our clients are held in the highest regard. In fact, there was no direct communication with them, after their wedding reception, because they preferred email correspondence over direct conversation. Our request to engage in a phone conversation, following the event, was denied. Our email to them began with the following: “I’m extremely upset to hear your comments regarding our services & truly feel that you’re mistaken about some of the events which occurred. We strive for perfection with every client & take pride in providing exactly what’s requested of us…I’d be happy to speak with you ...” It’s unfortunate that a personal conversation did not take place to clear up these discrepancies.