18 Reviews for The Wedding Assistant

Non-Religious (2)
Partial Planning (1)
Religious (1)
18 The Wedding Assistant Reviews

When I got engaged, I knew the one thing that we definitely needed on our wedding day was a coordinator. I spoke with several wedding planners, but I immediately knew when speaking with Susan that I needed her presence on my wedding day. She is NEVER frazzled, ALWAYS positive, impeccably organized, and can take control of any situation. Before the big day, we went over a detailed timeline, and she ironed out all of the kinks I completely overlooked. On the big day, she was my eyes and ears while I was busy getting ready. She diffused multiple situations effortlessly-- helping my makeup artist with directions to my house when the GPS stopped working, managing to get more alcohol when we started to run low on a particular brand, and ran, not walked, to the location where we were getting photographed because I forgot the belt on my dress. Even guests mentioned how amazing my planner was, and I simply couldn't have agreed more. She made my entire wedding flow smoothly, and, most importantly, took all of the stress off of me and my husband so we could simply enjoy our day. Hire her-- for her positive and playful attitude, for her insane organizational and problem-solving skills, and for allowing her couples to have the best day of their lives without any worry. She was one of the best decisions I ever made surrounding my wedding!

Profile Picture Karen, 6/3/17, 11 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Susan is AWESOME! She was super helpful throughout our entire year of wedding planning. She has a lot of experience and we could trust that things would work out and also look beautiful which they really did. Since she has a design background she really knows how to make the wedding look stunning! Since we didn't live in the same state as the wedding, she went above and beyond like accepting extra flowers for us at her house and buying us extra decor. She was really fun to work with and she is hilarious. So that was enjoyable for us :)

Profile Picture Liana, 5/28/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Susan did a phenomenal job on my wedding in November in Chappaqua, NY. She was informative, attentive and fun to work with from the moment we retained her services. Not only does Susan map out every detail for your wedding day, she also serves as your advocate to all the other vendors surrounding your wedding. Her main focus is the bride and groom and what they want, which is nice when there are so many moving pieces and different vendor interests involved in a wedding. I originally had a different coordinator, who was never available and made me feel like I was bothering her whenever I had a question. This was never the case with Susan. She was always responsive and so easy to communicate with. She took care of details and questions that I had not even thought of, and wouldn't bother me with details unless I needed to know (which was great towards the end of planning when you have 10 billion other things to think about). Plus, her day of timeline is AMAZINGLY detailed. Also, I had guests (and still have guests) come up to me and comment how great Susan was, noticing her buzz about during the ceremony and reception doing her magic. Rambling aside, I cannot say enough good things about my experience working with Susan! You will be in good hands having her on your wedding day.

Profile Picture User7551396, 1+ year ago, 11 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

I’m not sure that a better Wedding Assistant exists. After our first phone conversation I knew that I liked her, but I couldn’t have imagined just how much. I planned my NY wedding from NC so I had many phone conversations with Susan, all ending with me feeling like I was in good hands. Susan coordinated with my numerous vendors in advance and ensured they had a uniform timeline (her creation) so that everyone was on the same page during my big day. Susan was an asset during our rehearsal- making everyone feel comfortable with not only what to do, but also in trusting her.
On my wedding day Susan arrived early, was on top of every detail, and when someone spilled a drink during the reception she danced while mopping it up! I kid you not, multiple vendors (during my wedding) asked me where I found her because they loved her so much. Highly recommend Susan for your big day!

Profile Picture Jena, 9/10/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Non-Religious, Day-Of Coord., Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Ceremony, Reception

Susan is a dynamo. There is no better description for her. She listens very, carefully, it totally there for YOU and she is incredibly organized (since she worked for a General, that makes sense). She knows what you want and, most importantly, what you need before you do. She is energetic, creative and thoughtful and also has a great sense of humor, which is much needed on a wedding day. It was a great relief to hand all the myriad details of the day to Susan - she managed them all seamlessly, as though it was a walk in the park (which it wasn't and probably never is). Susan told us that she walked 12 miles that day; it doesn't surprise me. She was everywhere all at the same time. She was lifting, driving, moving furniture, giving directions, organizing seating and arranging flowers all simultaneously. We left a large number of vases, garlands, and lanterns and other assorted pieces in our venue the night before and didn't have time to place them on the wedding day - when we entered the space, Susan had transformed it into the most amazing display. Her creative eye knew where everything should go. So she is not only the most organized, efficient, friendly, funny and capable wedding planner you will ever meet (oh, and did we mention she is incredibly reasonable?), but she is also probably one of the most artistic. Trust her with everything. We were very sad to say goodbye. I asked Susan if she could live with us and organize our lives like she did the wedding day, but she politely rebuffed our humble offer. It's our loss but most definitely your gain.

Profile Picture User6908318, 1+ year ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Religious, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists

We decided to go with Susan based on her positive reviews, and we are so happy that we did. Susan totally exceeded our expectations. Her advice on etiquette, timelines and vendors was incredibly helpful. She was also very prompt when responding to our emails, calls, and texts. We struggled to find the right decor for our very modern wedding venue. Susan really listened to what we liked and created a beautiful design. It came out even better than anything that we could have envisioned. We had a lot of last minute issues come up, both before and during the wedding. She was a huge help and our support system the entire time. Both our families were so touched that she went above and beyond to make our day as amazing as possible. Susan is definitely the reason that our event was a success.

Profile Picture User5639104, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Timelines, Referrals, Non-Religious, Ceremony, Reception

Highly recommend The Wedding Assistant!!! Not only was she reliable, responsive, knowledgeable but most of all she was amazing both pre-wedding and especially on our special the day!!! She was on every single details and worked her butt off!!! She made certain everything went off without a hitch and I didn't have to worry or think about a thing! She also went above and beyond to help make our day easier on us. We Loved Susan!!

Profile Picture Katie, 4/25/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Susan was everything that I didn't know that I needed! I had a small budget and planned everything myself and felt like I had done a great job. I then realized that even though I saved a ton by doing things myself that also meant I'd have to set up and execute myself which would have added a lot of work and stress to my wedding day. I didn't want to ask my bridesmaids or family members to work our wedding, they had already done so much. Enter Susan!!
We met and I filled her in on what I needed and she jumped right in and handled everything that I asked her too and more. From our first meeting I knew I was in good hands and stopped stressing. She thought of things that I hadn't and I'm so glad that I found her! Trust me, even the most organized, diy, Pinterest bride needs all hands on deck the day of the wedding. I enjoyed having mimosas and giggling with my best friends at the salon a lot more than I would have enjoyed putting out favors and lighting candles. Thank you Susan!

Profile Picture Aja, 12/13/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Susan Knapik is the best thing we ever did for our wedding planning. In the world of wedding planners, search no further, hire her! She knows the right moves at the right time and how to contract with the right people. She goes beyond her responsibilities and becomes part of your family while always being professional. She has a great sense of humor and a strong perspective. Everyone needs to watch their budget and you can hire her to meet your needs and your budget. She is also a very talented designer and will carry your design through your wedding decor. Whenever you need her, for whatever decision or question you may have, she is there. Trust me, this is who you want on your team.

Profile Picture Kasey, 11/1/14, 12 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Susan was always there when I needed her! She had great ideas and lots of tips. The only wish I had was that I had her on the day of...but she was already booked! Popular gal! She did have an assistant come for the set up and most of the event without me having to even ask. She is on top of her stuff! Love Susan's spunk and outgoing personality!

Profile Picture Nikki, 11/1/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Susan was an amazing day of coordinator. I had no worries all day and was able to enjoy myself knowing that all my decor and arrangements were in her hands.

She has an amazing work ethic and I am grateful for everything she did that day to ensure all the setup was taken care of. She even helped secure ceremony musicians at the very last minute!

Profile Picture Kirsten, 8/9/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

As an indecisive bride, finding Susan was a godsend! She helped immensely with both the organizational and creative aspects of my wedding. From invitations to flowers to cake stands (and a million other details), she was there every step of the way! I would highly recommend Susan to anyone planning an event or celebrating a joyous occasion. You will not regret it! :)

Profile Picture Lauren, 6/21/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Susan was absolutely wonderful to work with!!! She was my right hand woman and made the daunting task of planning a wedding manageable!!! I would recommend her wonderful services to any and all brides!!! I can't say enough about the entire experience with Susan!!!

Profile Picture Morgan, 6/14/14, 3 Reviews

BEST DECISION EVER.
I hired Susan as my "day of Coordinator". I use quotes because she was involved the entire time and did not just show up on the day of. If I did not have her, I would have been crying probably 90% of the entire planning process. She will help and guide you on anything needed, and tell you the truth( IE-Uggs are not acceptable in May....).

I looked at some other planning companies in Columbus, and Susan was not only the most affordable(plus I really feel like I got more than I even paid for) but also she made you think you were her top priority. She also offers a veteran discount!
She was patient with everyone during planning meetings and rehearsal. She met with all of us including my mom who asked a million questions and she didn't ever seem bothered (she also gave me cupcakes which didn't hurt). She even helped teach my dog to be a ring bearer.... dream come true, really.

You build your package and she can do as much as you want. You can have her do errands on the day of, go to meetings with you, etc. It's as much or as little as you want. She even made my centerpieces (last minute too... mine did not turn out well.) She was so flexible and keeps in contact to ensure that things are moving on in the right direction. She stays in contact with the other vendors and ensures that everything will be there for that day. She provides color coded timelines and I swear on the day of, she was in 5 places at once....

On the day, she comes equipped with an adorable fanny pack that somehow has everything you could possibly need. She sets everything up and makes sure everything is on time, everyone is where they need to be, and that everything is taken care of at the end of the night. She will deliver your gifts, and belongings and you get to walk away to enjoy the rest of your night.

If nothing else, utilize her blog, because it is informational, useful and pretty funny.

Profile Picture User3622163, 2+ years ago, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

We met with Susan to discuss having our wedding at my parents' house, which we knew was going to require a lot of DIY work. We needed help with understanding the amount of work it was going to be and the cost associated with that. Susan was very thorough, came to our initial meeting with a budget, ideas and a lot of experience!! She was willing to do as much or as little as we needed to ensure a beautiful day. For other reasons, we ended up deciding to do a destination wedding, but had we not, we would have hired Susan in a heartbeat.

Profile Picture Niki, 1/16/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Susan did a great job organizing everything on our big day. She was there to effortlessly handle any issues that came up at the last minute, which allowed me to enjoy the evening with my wife instead of dealing with party issues. Susan is very thoughtful and detail focused, she was a big help and we are glad we used her services!

Profile Picture Kris, 8/3/13, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Favors & Gifts, Lighting & Decor, Photography, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning

Susan helped make our wedding day very stress-free and absolutely perfect! She was the contact person for all of the different vendors and took care of many details we hadn't even thought about. This kept our stress levels down, as we were able to rely on her to take care of everything. She kept the wedding day events stay on schedule and made sure everyone knew exactly where to be and when. I originally hadn't thought we needed an event planner, but we are so thankful we ended up using Susan. Her professionalism and attention to detail made our wedding a perfect day and we would highly recommend her to you!

Profile Picture Lisa, 6/27/13, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Susan was fabulous!!!! I can not believe how many details she thought of and had everything at hand as we needed it. Her experience as a general's aide in the Army was very evident in her organization and preparation skills.
Our day would not have run nearly as smoothly without her services. We will definitely use her again.

Profile Picture Linda, 6/18/12, 1 Review