The Sugar Path Reviews

The Sugar Path 7
  • Veronica

Veronica · Married on 09/21/2018

Beautiful and delicious work

Thank you all for an amazing wedding cake! All my guests could not stop raving about how beautiful, majestic and delicious the cake was. We had a gorgeous 5 layer cake that consisted of the first layer being Churro, 2nd layer was King Cake, 3rd layer was coconut with raspberry preserves, 4th layer was chocolate explosion and our fifth layer was coconut with the raspberry preserves to save for our 1st Anniversary. Not only was the cake delicious but the design of the scrolling all around the cake was so intricate and beautiful. It paired beautifully with the flowers that Wild Orchid provided and placed. Such a beautiful site to see when we walked through our venue doors.

We also had a Grooms cake for our wedding rehearsal dinner and it was so delicious as well. We had the “Just Jack”. It was so incredible, the bacon and bourbon complimented each other with the cake and were just amazing. We look forward to ordering that same cake for other occasions, can’t wait!

The Sugar Path 8
    The Sugar Path 9
    The Sugar Path 10
    The Sugar Path 11

Amy · Married on 07/28/2018

The Sugar Path did an amazing job for our wedding cake and cupcakes. Before our big day, we had a tasting and sampled a variety of flavors and got to take some home too. We discussed our vision and selected a small cake for cutting and the head table and then 4 types of cupcakes for dessert. Our guests loved the variety of flavors and still talk about how delicious our desserts were.

Kimmy · Married on 06/15/2018

They designed the cake just like the picture I chose. I made multiple changes leading up to the wedding and they handled them all flawlessly! We had three different cake flavors that were all amazing and had cake, cupcakes, and mini cupcakes at our wedding which gave everyone the right amount of sweets!

Rachel · Married on 11/18/2017

For our November wedding we began working with the Sugar path in April. They were incredibly dedicated to customer service, and were extremely helpful and responsive for the entire 7 months leading up to our wedding. Not to mention the fact that their prices are very reasonable, especially for such an exceptional product! The cake was absolutely phenomenal, and our guests are still raving about the Churro cupcakes 2 months later. Truly a great bakeshop, with a store-front full of character and a staff that is so friendly and accommodating. We added some last minute details to our order, and everything turned out beautifully. We are so excited to go back for our complimentary (I know, right?! how awesome is that???) anniversary cake! HUGE five stars for Nina and the team, thank you again for making our wedding so sweet!

Ciara · Married on 10/13/2017

Our cake was beautiful! We used a small cutting cake for our wedding reception, and the design was absolutely gorgeous, I did not want to cut into it. Then, we ate a piece and we both were so impressed!! It was delicious! Nina was super responsive and the sugar path prepared the cake for us, and were very helpful throughout the communication process. They offer an array of options for any event, and I plan to hire them again in the future.

The Sugar Path 12

Liz · Married on 10/06/2017

Nina and the Sugar Path team were so kind and helpful in planning out our desserts and cutting cake for our wedding! We really enjoyed our tasting at the shop in Geneva, where we got to sample many different flavors of cake, which helped in our decision-making process for which flavors of cupcakes to have at our wedding, but everything we tried was delicious! We ended up adding cookies to the order and Nina was able to accommodate any changes we needed to make to our order. Our cutting cake turned out beautifully and was also very tasty! The Sugar Path is also very affordable and we were able to get everything delivered the day of the wedding, which was very helpful. I will definitely be visiting them again in the future for any cupcake/cake needs!

Alyssa · Married on 09/22/2017

Nina was great to work with throughout the entire process. We had a tasting prior to booking and the sweets just kept coming! Everything was so amazing, it was hard to choose. We ended up choosing the mini cupcakes, mini pies, & shot glass desserts. Our guests were raving about them. The pricing is also very reasonable. Thank you so much!

The Sugar Path 13
    The Sugar Path 14
    The Sugar Path 15
    The Sugar Path 16

Heather · Married on 08/11/2017

I booked The Sugar Path for my wedding cake. Not only did my cake look stunning, it tasted delicious. I received so many compliments on the coconut layer of my wedding cake. So delicious! I also loved how I wanted a very unique look and they were able to make my vision come to life. Very talented.

The Sugar Path 17

Kristin · Married on 06/03/2017

Great experience with our tasting and final product!

We went to our tasting ~6 months before our wedding so they mostly had Christmas/winter flavors available which wasn't exactly what we were looking for for our June/summer wedding. Nina was great and talked us through their lighter flavor options and what flavors would be available in the summer and helped us figure out how to work fresh fruit into our multi-flavor cake.

A few weeks before the wedding they got in touch with how many tiers our cake would be to feed our final guest count. They also had the wrong design listed and quickly corrected that.

On the day of our wedding the cake looked beautiful and tasted even better! So happy with The Sugar Path!

Tara · event on: 11/20/2016

I can not say enough wonderful things about The Sugar Path! I have been a fan of their tasty treats since before they opened their adorable storefront in Geneva! My daughter's both had their first taste of cake at their shop and have had birthday cakes from there every year. Each year is more delicious than the last! (With a few stops for cupcakes in between of course). They have even met our special requests (custom flavors, colors ... recently they matched our custom invitation design with a matching unicorn). They make all their cakes from scratch using high quality ingredients and it shows! Everything is so delicious every time. If your looking for sweets for your party . . .look no further!

Ruby · Married on 10/22/2016

Everyone loved our cake. I don't think any of it was left! Nina was so great and easy to work with. Our cake looked amazing!

Sarah · Married on 09/09/2016

I can't say enough about this bakery. We love supporting local, and they turned me into a sweets person! We still get rave reviews about our vanilla/churro wedding cake, and have used this cakery for bridal showers as well! Normally cAke is ignored at weddings, this one was far from ignored! Thank you!

Cheryl · Married on 08/08/2016

When I began planning for my big day, I knew right off the bat that Sugar Path would have to design my cake. I had heard enough wonderful things about them and seen their work at various events I had attended. Every time I tasted their cakes, they had not failed to impress.

Stephanie · Married on 06/10/2016

Everything was delicious! The Sugar Path made my cutting cake and a variety of cupcakes (large and small) as well as cookies! All flavors were wonderful!

Kim · Married on 06/10/2016

We used the Sugar Path for our wedding and had a great experience with them! Both Nina and Michelle were so quick to respond to all of our inquiries and took the time to go over all of our options during our tasting. We used mini cupcakes in four different flavors and also had a cutting cake in Salty Caramel - which was amazing! Our guests raved about how great all of the cupcakes were. We cannot wait to go back to the Sugar Path to visit and grab a cupcake to go.

Rach · Married on 06/03/2016

I went in for a cake tasting and within an hour we already had our ideas ready to go. I showed pictures and explained exactly what I wanted and they made it happen. It was also no fuss and I didn't have to worry about it at all the day of. It was delivered and perfect one we arrived. And the taste was PHENOMENAL.

Elisabeth · Married on 06/03/2016

Thank god Sugar Path has a brick and mortar store that I can go back to again and again to get their yummy cupcakes and pies!! We used Sugar Path for our bridal shower treats (we did the cake jars, wedding cake and a desert table at our wedding reception in June 2016. Our wedding cake was Banana with buttercream frosting and honey, it was absolutely amazing!! We enjoyed it for days after :) We also did a desert table with three different types of mini cupcakes and three different types of pies. Everything was so amazing and our guests really enjoyed it all-everything was gone! The staff at SP was also really great to work with during our tasting, building our menu and general back and forth emails. I would highly recommend SP to all Bride and Grooms!

Mary · Married on 01/15/2016

The Sugar Path provided cupcakes for my daughter's wedding reception. They were
    out-of-this- world fabulous and Michelle and Nina were wonderful to work with! From the salty caramel to the scarlett red velvet....from the simply chocolate with raspberries to the churros....they were all absolutely amazing and our guests raved about them! :-)

Shannon · Married on 09/26/2015

My husband and I decided to get married last September, only 3 months before our date.... because we're nuts. Obviously, we were in a crunch to get everything finalized in a short amount of time. We talked with the ladies at Sugar Path, and decided to do a dessert table instead of a cake, and it was the best idea ever! We had mini cupcakes, pies, cookies, and brownies, and they were able to tell us how much to get of everything for the number of guest. They made it the easiest thing on our "to-do list", and what's better, everything was delicious! We had the perfect amount of desserts (we had half a pie and about a dozen mini cupcakes left), and our guests loved it. It was very reasonably priced too. If you are on a tight budget, and I would definitely recommend doing a dessert buffet instead of a traditional cake. I would highly recommend working with the Sugar Path.

Lizi · Married on 09/18/2015

AMAZING- this was our guests favorite part of the wedding. we did individual cakes per table and they tasted AMAZING. i brought in very few ideas of what i wanted and the sugar path team NAILED it. in love. cannot wait to recommend them to anyone needing a cake for any event.

Michelle and her team were amazing for our wedding. We did mini cupcakes and a small cutting cake and everything was perfect. They have some many wonderful flavors it makes it hard to choose. The quality of their cakes is the best I have had and we got so many compliments and "wows" from our guests on the mini cupcakes. Planning was fun and easy with Sugar Path and are on time with everything they do. Truly the best cupcakes and cake in the area!

Melissa · Married on 05/16/2015

We ordered a variety of deserts (mini cupcakes, marshmallow pops, cookies, pies) from Sugar Path and all were delicious. They offer a great variety and allow you to taste quite a few cupcakes before you order from them. Michelle was easy to work with and did a great job setting up the desert table on the day of!

The Sugar Path was amazing! Michelle took all of my crazy bride-to-be detailed e-mails and turned them into the most fabulous I ever could have dreamed up!

Taylor · Married on 09/13/2014

This bakery is the absolute best. The sugar sisters even let us take some of our engagement photos in their cute shop. We were doing a sweet table through our caterer for our wedding so I just wanted a small cake for my husband and I to cut for traditional purposes as well as have enough to save for our 1 year anniversary. We ordered the round churro cake with the rosettes all over it. It was beautiful. They made it easy for me being a busy bride to take my order through a Facebook message as well! The cake was DELICIOUS (as always), and I cannot wait to pull it out of the freezer in 1 year! They also packed the cake well enough to make it through a 1.5 hour drive to our wedding venue without being harmed! Thank you so so so much! We will forever be loyal customers to your bakery.