The Plantation House Reviews

53 | Pflugerville, TX

53 Reviews for The Plantation House

Leslie · Married on 03/26/2016

Hands down, this is the BEST venue to work with! The owners Tanner and Joanna are so so sweet and your wedding package includes Amanda as your day of Wedding Coordinator (and she nailed it!) They made every single step of this process so easy and were very upfront and communicated everything we would need to know! Amanda and Joanna even helped bustle my dress! They helped set up and take down everything that we brought in and made our lives SO much easier. Plus, we were able to have Tanner officiate our wedding and he did a great job! The venue is so beautiful too, with a gazebo to get married in and a reception tent to dance the night away. So many people came up to us and said this was one of the best weddings they had been to, and I truly believe that this beautiful venue was part of the charm! Thank you so much, we had an amazing time!!! We could have partied all night!

Sent on 03/30/2016

If you are looking for not only a beautiful place to get married, but a process that makes it easy and stress free, The Plantation House is perfect! My husband and I recently got married there, and it was the best wedding we could ever imagine. Joanna is a wonderful person inside and out, and she really makes it easy on you when it comes to planning. You can see both her and her husbands passion for what they do. The grounds are gorgeous, no need for spending tons of money on florals. The entire place was gorgeous, and our families could not stop talking about it. Highly recommend for any wedding.

Sent on 11/19/2015

Ashlyn · Married on 10/03/2015

My husband and I had our wedding at Plantation House about a week ago and we could not be more thrilled with how everything turned out. Joanna and Amanda have been an absolute pleasure to work with for the past year, always happy to help with random questions and issues that came up during the planning process. They really take pride in ensuring everything is perfect and runs smoothly for the couples getting married there. And on top of everything, the venue is beautifully maintained. If you are looking for the best, then Plantation House is the venue for you!

Sent on 10/12/2015

Kelli · Married on 05/02/2015

Absolutely stunning venue! The Plantation House provides a charming southern backdrop that is so incredible! The House and grounds are absolutely beautiful, and provide the best combination of both an indoor and outdoor wedding venue. Our wedding pictures from The Plantation House are incredible, and we will always treasure how lucky we were to have our wedding at this location.

Joanna and Tanner consistently made me feel comfortable during my entire wedding planning process, and were always willing to quickly answer any and all of my questions. They are incredibly professional, helpful, and always one step ahead. They seamlessly ran our wedding day, and communicated with all of my vendors. Which, is exactly what a bride needs and treasures on her wedding day! Our wedding party, family and friends were all blown away by the Plantation House - best venue in the Austin area! AND in Texas!

Sent on 07/12/2015

The Plantation House is such a gorgeous venue (rain or shine)! Joanna, Tanner and Amanda at The Plantation House are wonderful to work with! They really make the wedding weekend go by smoothly! The space was perfect for our 100 person wedding. Everyone had a seat and plenty of room to dance! We couldn't be happier with our choice of venue!

Sent on 04/29/2015
  • OldFashionedBride

Betsy · Married on 11/09/2014

I cannot say enough good things about the Plantation House as a wedding venue! It was a perfect day! Joanna, Tanner, and their assistant Heather made the day run so very smoothly, attending to decor, vendor coordination, and assisting with all the little details that a bride, groom, and their families shouldn't have to worry about on the wedding day! The venue is gorgeous, and needs little extra decoration, although the flowers (see review for Luanna Clara Design) fit with the theme and venue perfectly. I highly recommend the Plantation House!

Sent on 11/11/2014

Chiang · Married on 08/31/2014

We had a wonderful experience with Joanna and the Plantation House! The venue was perfect for our wedding size (about 90). The reception tent is really nice and air conditioned so even though it was August, the temperature was not an issue at all. The gazebo was perfect and beautiful for the ceremony!! My favorite thing about the Plantation House is that the venue itself is already so beautiful, we really didn't need to add any decor, which saved us a lot of money. Joanna also worked as our day-of coordinator and she and her husband worked hard to make everything run smoothly on our wedding day.

Sent on 09/26/2014

Nancy · Married on 05/17/2014

The Plantation House was the perfect venue for our wedding. The venue was so beautiful and even gave me goosebumps it was so perfect for us. Joanna goes out of her way to ensure you have nothing to worry about on your big day. She had an itinerary that outlined every detail (even ones you didn't know you needed). She helped come up with seating that fit our families dynamics. The perfect beginning to "Happily ever after"

Sent on 12/31/2014

Erica · Married on 04/18/2014

Joanna and Tanner were wonderful from the beginning stages of planning to the last minute of our wedding. Their home, beautifully landscaped property and attention to detail was beyond impeccable. I am forever grateful to them for making my wedding day perfect!

Sent on 04/26/2014

Jessica · Married on 11/09/2013

This venue is simply incredible and is owned and operated by the nicest family! Joanna did an amazing job walking us through each and every detail until the very last second. Luanna has an amazing eye for details with the flowers and decor. And we could not have asked for a better person to marry us than Tanner.

They truly work seamlessly with all other vendors and make the stressful time, of planning a wedding, so much FUN!!

Thanks you all so much for making our special day so amazing!

Much love,

Sent on 02/27/2014

miray · Married on 11/02/2013

If you looking for a venue to make your dream comes true, plantation house is gonna be your venue. Joanna is an awesome coordinator and very sweet person to make your day perfect :)

Sent on 11/04/2013

Emily · Married on 06/15/2013

I cannot say enough positive things about The Plantation House and Joanna King. Joanna and her crew did an outstanding job of coordinating my wedding. Joanna contacted all of my vendors the week before my wedding to let them know when they could arrive to set up for my wedding. There was absolutely NO stress on my big day. She is absolutely professional, flexible, and amazing to work with. I would absolutely recommend the Plantation House.

Sent on 07/27/2013

Natasha · Married on 06/01/2013

We just had the wedding of our dreams thanks to Joanna & Tanner!! From the moment we first walked in, we felt so warm and welcome. Joanna has an amazing ability to make you feel calm and that's priceless throughout your planning process and on your big day. She's extremely talented, organized and had so many valid suggestions. I like the idea that this is a family owned/operated business - meaning they actually put their heart and soul into everything they do. Tanner was also our officiant and I couldn't have asked for a more beautiful, meaningful ceremony.

The venue itself is amazing, including the pristine grounds. Our photos literally look like something out of a wedding magazine! I loved the idea of having the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception move from place to place to keep guests entertained. Keep in mind that this is literally just the venue, which means you will have to outsource every other vendor. However, it was well-worth it in the end. Its been 2 weeks and I keep replaying every moment in my head. We can't thank Joanna & Tanner enough for an incredible experience from start to finish.

PS - if you end up booking here I would HIGHLY recommend having your flowers designed by Joanna's mother, Luanna (Luanna Clara Designs). She actually used to own/operate the PH and knows the place inside and out. She went above and beyond anything I could have imagined!!

All in all such a lovely family :)

Sent on 06/14/2013

Monica · Married on 04/05/2013

The Plantation House was a very beautiful place to get married. All of our families and friends cannot stop talking about how beautiful the venue was. Joanna is awesome she was very helpful with everything. She was very kind and sweet and answered any questions we had. She pretty much planned the day of the wedding for us and her and her Husband took care of everything and of us the day of the wedding. I would really recommend this place if you are looking for a beautiful and private location. We loved it!

Sent on 04/22/2013

Jayme · Married on 04/05/2013

I can’t say enough good things about the Plantation House. First, it is gorgeous! We are still talking about how beautiful it is – and how beautiful the pictures are. Second, Joanna and Tanner were wonderful. Not only were they professional, they were the nicest people to work with. They made sure everything was organized and went smoothly. They helped make our day more incredible than we could have imagined!

Sent on 04/26/2014

Stephanie · Married on 03/30/2013

Joanna and Tanner were amazing! We could not be happier with the way things turned out!

Sent on 07/29/2013

Jill · Married on 03/28/2013

The Plantation House is absolutely gorgeous but what truly makes The Plantation House is the people running it! From the moment I met Joanna I knew I had found the perfect place for my wedding. She is so sweet, so calming, and is always willing to give you advice and feedback. On the day of the wedding, she ensured that everything ran perfectly. Joanna's husband, Tanner, is a minister and can perform your ceremony for you, if you like! He did a fabulous job at ours. And Joanna's mom, Luanna, can provide flower services if you like. I have to tell you that Luanna is absolutely fantastic, and I could see instantly where Joanna got her warm and friendly personality. Luanna went above and beyond to turn my vision into a reality. She's amazing! The whole family is amazing! They provide so many services at such a reasonable price. Joanna sets up everything the day of the wedding and packs it all up too! I can't recommend them enough!

Sent on 04/07/2013

LuAnna with LuAnna Clara was one of the best parts of my wedding day. She was always one step ahead of everyone making sure everything flowed smoothly so I could just enjoys the evening. She knows the right questions to ask, and gets things done in a professional manner, but she is also one of the nicest people I have met. I would highly recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 03/11/2013

Alfred · Married on 11/16/2012

I am the father of the bride (Anna Rodriguez); and i am extremely please and happy with the service we received. Connie was wonderful, brillant, and most of all caring. Thank you from all my heart, you made the day special. Your crew was exceptional (Pedro, Ben and the ladies tending the bar) what a team you have. Thank you all for your supered attention. There is no denying, you do as you preach.

Kind Regards;

Al Rodriguez

Sent on 11/24/2012

Melanee · Married on 10/20/2012

Absolutely gorgeous venue. Joanna is amazing. She always kept calm and had a smile on her face. She made sure I felt taken care of and was able to make me feel at ease if something went wrong. So professional and sweet. She has a great eye for decorating (as well as her mother!). They take any idea you have and make it come to life (beautifully). I loved everything about my experience with The Plantation House from planning to the actual day of!

Sent on 11/05/2012

Melissa · Married on 10/06/2012

The Plantation House is an incredibly beautiful venue for ceremonies and receptions. Our guests could not stop gushing about how beautiful the property was! Aside from it being a gorgeous and romantic venue, Joanna and her team run an impeccable operation. Everything from set up to grand exit was executed flawlessly. I truly cannot say enough good things about them! When I first told my photographer that we chose the Plantation House as our venue, she told us that we would be very well taken care of there. She could not have been more right!

Immediately upon meeting Joanna, I felt so comfortable with her. She is sweet, professional, and responsive and was genuinely excited for us and our big day. Throughout the planning process, I never had to wait more than a day for her to respond to an email. Each time we interacted with her we honestly felt like we were the only wedding she was concerned with (despite knowing that the Plantation House is booked for weddings almost every weekend). I am still so overwhelmed with how perfect our wedding was and owe it all to Joanna and her fabulous team.

Sent on 10/19/2012

Anna · Married on 09/28/2012

I absolutely loved this venue! And everyone continues to talk about how beautiful it was!

Sent on 10/18/2012

Tracy · Married on 03/24/2012

The Plantation House was perfect! Joanna has such great attention to detail and helped make our day run so smoothly. Once we got there I didn't worry about a thing. The grounds at the Plantation House are beautiful too! Check out their website to see exactly how beautiful it is. It was everything I dreamed of--I would recommend them in a heartbeat.

Sent on 04/10/2012

Shari · Married on 11/03/2011

After searching and researching the numerous venues in the Austin area the Plantation House was the place that I knew I would have the wedding of my dreams. Luanna is WONDERFUL!!! She makes your wedding completely stress free where all you worry about is walking down the aisle and is there to assist you . Part of my dress broke at the end of the night and Luanna was right there to do her best to fix it so I would be able to continue with the night. She makes sure everything runs smoothly. The venue is absolutely stunning and the lights at night make for wonderful pictures. I love this venue and HIGHLY encourage brides to consider this venue as your choice! Thank you again to the Coles for making our wedding everything we could have wanted!

Sent on 12/17/2011

Cyndie · Married on 05/14/2011

LIke most Brides' moms, I spent countless hours searching to find the "perfect" place for my first daughter's wedding. The Plantation House was that "perfect" place. The setting was the most gorgeous garden setting that I had seen anywhere. A text from a friend said it all "...the most beautiful wedding I have ever been to; it was MAGICAL!" Unlike most mother's-of-the-Bride, because Luanna oversaw every detail, I was able to enjoy every second. Luanna was truly a God-send! Besides having an extensive knowledge of any wedding-related issues, she always knew exactly what to do in any situation. We had a large wedding party with 11 bridesmaids & 11 groomsmen. Luanna knew how to make them all shine. It has been several weeks and my husband and I are still getting calls raving about the wedding. We have heard from many in the wedding party stating how beautiful and fun it was. Most importantly, our daughter and new son-in-law could not have been happier! The Plantation House truly made our dream wedding "MAGICAL". Luanna and Norris have created the most beautiful setting. They have set themselves apart from others with their kind, gracious, and sincere demeanor. They made the planning ,of our wedding, a joyful experience. ...Not to mention that my husband and I have gained two life-long friends!

Sent on 06/01/2011