38 Reviews for The New Jersey Makeup Artist

Eye Makeup (1)
Natural Makeup (1)
On-Site Makeup (1)
Makeup Trial (1)

Derya was absolutely amazing throughout my wedding process. At the last minute, I decided to have her do my makeup trial on the morning of my bridal shower, and she accommodated me. Her services are incredibly priced due to the fact that she includes airbrush makeup and lashes with the makeup application. Her airbrush technique makes your skin look absolutely flawless in person and in photos. She applied strip lashes for me with added individual lashes on top to really make my eyes pop. The lashes were SO comfortable I didn't even feel them. She even covered some acne scars that I was really worried about. You couldn't even see them at all after she covered them so well! The makeup lasted all day and night until I washed it off, and she makes you look like yourself but 100 times better. I was extremely happy and I will definitely recommend her to anyone and I will use her in the future for any makeup needs.

Profile Picture Kim, 11/25/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Derya did the most beautiful job on my makeup for my wedding day! She was recommended to me by a friend and I couldn't have been happier. I've never felt more beautiful. She is a true professional and such a sweet person! She uses the absolute best products and my makeup lasted all day long, did not have to touch it up once! I will certainly be using her for any future events! Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Jillian, 9/15/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Brow/Lash Tinting, Contour Makeup, Eye Makeup, Fake Lashes, Makeup Trial, Natural Makeup, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup, Makeup

Derya did an amazing job and made me feel so beautiful on my wedding day! I don't wear a lot of makeup normally and wanted to look as natural as possible, and Derya was more than accommodating with my requests. She was also very helpful in setting up appointments and schedules for the day of and responded to my many questions with professionalism and in a timely manner. My bridal party, mom, and aunt were also extremely happy with her services!

Profile Picture Sara, 8/5/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Derya is AMAZING!! I recently had her do my makeup for my wedding on 7/1/17 and I looked flawless! I don't normally wear makeup, so being comfortable was a must for me. Not only did she make me feel comfortable but she made me look like a queen for my wedding day! She is the nicest person and she does great work. You will not regret booking with her! Thanks again Derya for making me feel beautiful on my wedding day!

Profile Picture Paysha , 7/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Derya was absolute perfection to work with. She was so friendly, talented, flexible & efficient. She has an amazing talent with her makeup and I would never use anybody else. I recommend her without hesitation or doubt. Thank you again from the bottom of my heart Derya!

Profile Picture Diana, 2/25/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Derya is a MAKEUP GODDESS!! I have never felt as beautiful as I did on the day of my wedding thanks to Derya. She was absolutely amazing and I could not be happier that I chose her to beautify my ladies and I on the day of my wedding. She is sweet, attentive, talented and professional! I would definitely recommend Derya to anyone who needs a makeup professional for their wedding day, or any other event!

THANK YOU!!!

Profile Picture Jessica, 11/4/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Airbrush Makeup, Fake Lashes

I recently got married Friday Oct 7th and Derya did myself and all of my girls makeup. She is very professional, down to earth and listens to what you would like. I couldn't have asked for a better person to do our makeup! She made me look so naturally beautiful and all of us looked flawless! So happy with how everything turned out!! She was great!! Now off to our honeymoon in Mexico! ?

Profile Picture Alexis, 10/7/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Derya is a sweet gem!!! She is very attentive and listens to your every needs. She does airbrushing, which is a plus! She comes to your house and her prices are very reasonable and there is no minimum necessary. She is very complimentary and really makes you feel special and beautiful on your wedding day. I would highly recommend her. She captured perfectly the look I was achieving (not too simple and not too dramatic). She made sure you were completely happy and satisfied.

Profile Picture kyong, 5/2/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

WOW. If I could sum up the talent and professionalism of makeup guru, Derya from The New Jersey Makeup Artist, I would have to use the word....PERFECTION. Derya arrived to my hotel suite early and ready to get started at 7:15am. She was attentive to all the different needs that my 9 (very different style of people) bridesmaids and mother wanted for their makeup. Each girl looked absolutely stunning with Derya's airbrush finish! My one Korean bridesmaid was anxious because most makeup artists are not familiar with doing Asian makeup - but Derya nailed it! She even brought a variety of different types of lashes to fit each person's individual style. For me, the Bride, Derya did my makeup last. She knew I struggled with makeup because of the pours in my skin. Somehow, she was able to minimize my pours and had me looking completely flawless. My photographer was coming at 11:45am to start pictures and Derya had me finished right on time. For those interested in pictures you can look up #spanowedszirpoli on Instagram. The portrait shots of myself and my bridal party will be posted as soon as my photographer sends me the proofs. I HIGHLY recommend the services from The New Jersey Makeup Artist. You will NOT be disappointed.

Profile Picture Colleen, 3/14/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Derya did a fabulous job on my makeup and my maid of honor's makeup for my wedding in September! From the trial to the day of my wedding she did a wonderful job of listening to what I wanted and put my "natural" wedding look into place! My makeup lasted and looked perfect from 10am till midnight when my wedding ended ! I was so happy with the results and Derya was professional and flexible!

Profile Picture Jackie, 9/21/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Derya is so amazing to work with ~ she absolutely loves what she does and it shines through her work! She is so friendly and beyond amazing at what she does ~ my makeup was perfect for my wedding day & I look forward to any event where I have an excuse to call her to have my makeup done!!

Profile Picture Shannon, 6/14/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Deyra is absolutely fantastic! We all loved her, she left us all beautiful. Thank you so much Deyra for taking part in making our day perfect. Our makeup came out fabulous, our moms, the girls and myself were extremely satisfied with the wonderful job you did in such little time. You are great and will be recommending you to all my friends. Thanks!!

Profile Picture User2466284, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Derya is awesome! She did my makeup for a photoshoot and I loved it so much that I asked her to do my wedding. My bridal party and I loved loved loved our makeup. Everyone looked stunning! I Couldn't have ask for a better make up artist :)

Profile Picture cheryl, 2/28/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Derya is an unbelievable makeup artist. When we first did the consultation, she came to my home and made me feel very comfortable. She also did my Mom's makeup that day, who doesn't wear a ton of makeup, and never wanted to feel like it was caked on. She made my Mom's makeup look so natural, my mom even had on fake eyelashes, which she's never worn before, but she was totally comfortable in wearing them. On the day of my wedding, she did the makeup for me, my Mom and seven bridesmaids. She was there early and she was always super professional. She finished before scheduled and she even did touch ups before the photographer got there. She made everyone look so beautiful. Also, her makeup lasted all day, even through the happy tears :) !!! She is fabulous and totally reasonably priced. She will do anything you want her to do, and she respects your honesty and wants every person to love the makeup that they have on. There is no one better than her to make you feel special and beautiful on your most unforgettable day!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 9/20/13, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Derya did my makeup as well as my bridesmaids, mother of the bride and mother of the groom's for my wedding on 6/15/13. From the moment I spoke with Derya, til my trial to my wedding day, Derya was nothing but professional and welcoming. She really cares about her clients and wants nothing but to make them happy. She does a beautiful job, me and my bridal party was very pleased with the turnout. Some girls needed to be tweaked and Derya did that happily, she wants you to be honest with her because its your wedding day and she is there to make you look beautiful and in the end she absolutely will! It was a breath of fresh air to work with her! She's fantastic and I highly recommend her! Thanks Deray for making me and all my girls look absolutely stunning on my wedding day!

Profile Picture Amy, 6/15/13, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Derya from the New Jersey Makeup Artist is by far the best makeup artist I have ever met. Believe me I’ve had my makeup done by many people but she is by far the best. I planned my wedding from Houston, TX so I was able to set up a trial with her at a great price. She took her time and understood exactly how I wanted my make up to look like. I love that she was able to work with my skin color and made my eyebrows look amazing! The day of my wedding she was on time and so happy and bubbly. I had a party of 10 women getting there makeup done and all of them loved there make up! That’s when you know she’s good. When it came time for my makeup she took her time and she was so sweet and always asking me if I needed another mimosa lol. She could tell I was a little nervous but she made me feel at ease. What shocked me the most were all the compliments I received from my guest. People kept saying I looked stunning and flawless! Everyone that had their makeup done also received compliments. Did I mention her prices are great! I love her and highly recommend her and her team to any bride or any other event. Thank you!
P.S I am going to have to fly you down to Houston, TX whenever I have a major event to attend. Get ready! For now I have three weddings in NJ next year so I’ll be making my appointments with you!

Profile Picture Irene, 12/1/12, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Derya is amazing!!! She is so friendly & easy to work with!!! She is now my go-to makeup woman!!! I felt like a glamour model on my wedding day. She arrived early, made all of us look amazing, & stayed while we all dressed to make sure any touch ups could be taken care of. Everyone loved the way they looked, the makeup stayed perfect for almost 24 hours and I'm still getting compliments. Derya is an absolute pleasure to work with!!

Profile Picture Shannon, 11/24/12, 6 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Derya is amazing!! I am so picky with my makeup and she did a great job. She truly listens to everything that you say and makes you feel so comfortable. My makeup turned out perfect and stayed on the whole night :). She did a wonderful job on my bridal party and my mom as well! She was so easy to communicate with from the time of the trial to the wedding day. I would recommend her to everyone and I am definately using her for any future events that i have. Thank you Derya for everything!

Profile Picture Yustina, 7/21/12, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Derya was the best! She came to my parents house in NJ for a trial and on day of the wedding and she was so great!!! I was nervous going into it and she made me feel so comfortable and made it fun (plus I looked beyond amazing when she was done working her magic). it felt like an instant friendship and she fit right in so well (despite all the chaos of getting ready with my mom, aunt, and 6 bridesmaids)! She did my makeup with airbrushing which was new to me and lasted from 9am until I washed it off at 2am, despite mid July heat- it was amazing and such a fun, professional and wonderful experience with the NJ makeup artist!

Profile Picture Suzanne, 7/14/12, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I was recently married on July 6, 2012, and used the hair and makeup services of this team for myself and my bridal party. I was very pleased with the dramatic look of the airbrush makeup, and it really held up, even during the heat of the day. Our photographs look vibrant and beautiful, and the makeup was exactly how I'd envisioned it. Derya came to my home to do a makeup trial back in April, and we discussed what kind of look I wanted for the wedding. I was really impressed with the friendliness and courtesy of this team, and the fact that they helped me execute my vision on the wedding day. They really focused on what I wanted, and helped to make me feel special on my day. Everyone looked beautiful in the wedding pictures, and I couldn't have been happier with how "glamorous" this team made me feel!

Profile Picture Danielle, 7/6/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Derya did my makeup as well as my daughters for her recent wedding day. I can not say enough about Derya, she is fantastic as a makeup artist. I am extremely picky and she made me feel beautiful. My daughter looked as though she walked off the pages of a magazine. It was over 98 degrees that day and our makeup did not run or cake up. Our pictures turned out beautiful. If you are looking for a professional makeup artist Derya is the girl for you. The work she does at the price point is unbelievable, my daughter intends to us Derya for the two wedding she is attending as a guest, Derya is that good. Call her you will not be sorry.

Profile Picture Cathy, 7/15/11, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Derya is a DREAM to work with! She's fun, professional, and really listens to what you are trying to achieve with your makeup look. My mother & I both had Derya do our makeup for my special wedding day - We couldn't have been more pleased with the results :-) EVERYONE commented on our fresh and beautiful faces! Derya also brought along a partner to do our hair - we were happy with her as well. I would absolutely recommend Derya's talented services. You won't be sorry!

Profile Picture Jakki, 4/2/11, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Derya was truly wonderful! She came to the hotel and worked her magic on me and my bridal party.... my mother, who is never confident about how she looks, said she felt like a movie star that day, and my Dad couldn't take his eyes off her. My mother in law was simply glowing after seeing how beautiful Derya made her look. My picky sister, who has very definite ideas about how her make-up should look, was beyond pleased. My sister in law looked so amazing that when my husband saw one of our wedding pictures, he said "who's that?". He was shocked when I said "that's your sister". Finally, my bridal make-up had me feeling like a princess.... and it lasted ALL night, even after 5 hours of dancing my butt off! I would recommend Derya to any bride who wants a top-notch professional who listens to what you want and exceeds your expectations.

Profile Picture Janine, 11/6/10, 6 Reviews

Derya was great!!

Profile Picture Ewa, 10/30/10, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Derya was wonderful!! She did the majority of my bridal party's makeup, as well as mine, my mothers and mother in laws; each person looked fabulous when she was finished. She was kind enough to go to my mother in laws first, then came to meet us across town.

She offered a trial, at which time she explained everything, gathered details about colors, dresses etc., to be sure she did what would look best. She even helped me fix my dry skin before the wedding!

It was 85 degress with 98% humidity the day I got married, and although we were pretty much sweating constantly, the makeup didn't even budge. The only touchup needed was of course lip gloss. Mind you, she started working on us at 9am, the reception did not end until 12:30am, so it lasted over 15 hours!

Derya is friendly, accomodating, professional and does everything she can to make sure you're happy with her work, although there isn't any way you couldn't be! I had trialed a few other artists previously, and am very picky... after my trial with her it was a no brainer!

Thank you Derya, for adding a special touch to our wedding!

Profile Picture regina, 9/3/10, 7 Reviews