The Lookout Reviews

10 Reviews for The Lookout

• Stacy

Stacy Minjares · Married on 10/27/2018

Beautiful Venue close to central Austin

The Lookout is such a beautiful venue with an amazing sunset view, good smells and tree lights. It is located about 15minutes from downtown which is really convenient when it comes to the week of the wedding and for the guests as well. Ann was very accommodating when I asked to visit and had recommendations for questions I had. It is also a really good photo spot, very well taken care of property.

Sent on 11/08/2018

Heather · Married on 06/28/2014

We choose to get married outside. In the thick of summer. In Texas. And it was still beautiful! From setup to bride/groom exit, the space was everything it promised to be. An absolutely amazing backdrop to one of the most important days of our lives. If you're looking for a beautiful location with an amazing view and a killer sunset, this is the place for you.

Sent on 07/15/2014

Annette · Married on 04/20/2013

Ann was wonderful! She was quick to respond and a delight to work with. Every single one of my guests complimented the site and her up keep of the lawn. The tree lights and beautiful scenery pretty much made the wedding. Our decorations were minimal and over all, it was gorgeous. Thank you, Ann!

Sent on 04/27/2013

The Lookout's reply:

Thank you so much. It's easy to be "a delight" when the bride and groom are too!. I wish you both all the best!

Kim · Married on 03/26/2011

My husband and I were just married there in March and we couldn't imagine picking a better place. During our search, we visited well over 20 venues before choosing this one. Ann, the owner, was easy to deal with and she was helpful the day of our wedding as well. She went above and beyond to make sure our day was as we wanted. I would recommend not only the lovely location, but also Ann herself. Thank you, Ann, for helping make our day more memorable!!

Sent on 06/30/2011

Tiffany · Married on 04/09/2011

My husband and I picked the Lookout as our wedding venue moments after walking onto the property. The view alone was exactly what we wanted--rolling hill country and a gorgeous sunset right over the horizon. But owner Ann Jones has made her venue even more appealing with a beautiful lawn, a pretty stone pond, comfortable seating nooks tucked into various corners of her garden, and stately old trees wrapped with lights that make the property enchanting at night. The covered pavilion lets brides with their hearts set on an outdoor wedding--like me--still rest easy knowing there is a roof (with plastic sheeting, heaters, and fans should weather call for any of the above), and the concrete floor makes dancing easier too.

We couldn't have been happier with the Lookout, and so many guests told how beautiful, our venue was. We loved how Texan it was, nestled on an old lavender farm in the middle of rolling hill country hills and ranches. The venue even comes with tables and seating for 100, as well as use of the sound system (although more amps are needed to pipe the sound down clearly to the ceremony area near the pool, and brides wanting the ceremony miked will need to rent an amplification system for that area too).

Every time we look at our pictures, we're thrilled all over again with our choice of venue. Thanks, Lookout!

Sent on 07/12/2011

Christine · Married on 11/23/2013

Ann and crew at the lookout were lovely to work with. We had our reception there and everything was more beautiful then we could imagine! Our ceremony was at a local church, but other than that we had the perfect package. We highly recommend it! It made planning a breeze, we had an absolute blast and our guests loved it! It will be a day you'll never forget! Best wishes to you and yours!

Sent on 12/22/2013

Brittany · Married on 04/04/2016

I definitely got my bang for my buck. The space was everything I want for my wedding, and allowed me to put together the entire event myself without any issues. Friends and family loved the space. I truly hope someone I know gets married there in the future so that I can return to the lovely space.

Sent on 05/29/2016

The Lookout's reply:

Thank you Brittany! it was a pleasure to have you here. I wish many happy years for you both.

The Lookout is a beautiful place to get married in the Texas Hill Country! The lawn, pavilion, and gardens provide for the perfect decor and atmosphere. We received many compliments from guests on our venue location and we are so happy we found it!

Sent on 04/17/2014
  • Joanna

Joanna · Married on 06/02/2012

3.5

I just got married at The Lookout on June 2, and my husband and I couldn't be happier with the venue. All of the beautiful landscape and stone changes that Ann made are absolutely stunning. The venue was perfect for our wedding of 150 and we loved every minute of it. It was warm for the ceremony, but cooled off beautifully by about 7pm. Our guests kept saying how perfect the venue was, so we're thrilled that The Lookout was such an easy choice for us. I'd definitely recommend using The Lookout for any couple who wants an intimate, relaxing, and casual wedding - our family and friends loved it and the whole venue felt perfect. :)

Sent on 06/11/2012

The Lookout's reply:

Thank you! It was fun having you here and it was beautiful!

Katy · Married on 05/19/2012

3.6
      2.0
      2.0

I will start by saying that we got married at The Lookout in May and it was absolutely beautiful. It's a gorgeous venue for a great price. The only downside was the treatment we received from Ann, the owner. I understand that having many people on your property would be stressful, but owning a wedding venue is what you sign up for. She was fine leading up to the wedding, it was really the during and after that were an issue. She tended to come to me (the bride) with issues and problems, which really isn't cool on your wedding day. Several of my bridesmaids asked her to come to them, but she persisted. You are responsible for all of the cleanup, which she makes clear beforehand. We hired people to do it for us and my friends all made sure it was clean, but we got a rather unfriendly email after the wedding about how badly it was left and refused to give us our deposit back. I didn't fight it, because I loved my wedding so much and didn't feel it was worth it. I am writing this just to let anyone planning a wedding know the good and the bad. I would definitely recommend the place..it's gorgeous and worked perfectly for us..but I would just prepare for dealing with her. Communicate beforehand not to go to the bride and make sure to communicate to your cleaning crew everything in that contract.

Sent on 01/03/2013