34 Reviews for The International

Aisle Runners (1)
Centerpieces (1)
Drapery (1)
Valet (1)

We just had our 2 day Indian fusion wedding extravaganza at The International, and choosing this venue a year ago was the best decision we made!!! Until we found this venue, we encountered much difficulty & rigidity in trying to actualize our wedding vision. We found ourselves trying to fit into a cookie-cutter model that (unnamed) venues had already decided was the way ALL weddings should run. We were overjoyed when we found The International!! We fell in love with the natural beauty of the resort which feels more like a classy country lodge than a stuffy country club! Throughout the planning process, this venue was incredibly accommodating to our vision of a culturally rich Polish-Indian wedding. Bob, the event manager, is the kindest soul you will meet! He went above and beyond for us, from working with 2 outside caterers, arranging 2 ceremonies on-site, ordering Polish & Indian beers for the reception, and answering all my questions (as I tried to micromanage every aspect lol) ... the list goes on and on! The International is far from a wedding mill, and will make you feel like your wedding is the most important event of the year. Needless to say the wedding weekend went so smoothly- I still am in awe of it! Bob was able to flawlessly accommodate last minute changes, like table re-arrangements and a gathering specific food items for spontaneous Polish blessing my parents wanted to do at the reception. Special shout out to his assistant Megan, who was always available right when I needed her, and she also golf-carted us around the resort :) Also, the food was amazing!!! I cannot rave enough about this venue, its management team, & waitstaff - they all were incredible!

Profile Picture Veronica, 9/16/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Centerpieces, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Lighting, Tables, Scenic Views, Uncovered Outdoor, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking, Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, In-House Bar, In-House Catering, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Wireless Internet, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings

I was married at the International at the end of August, and the experience was amazing! It helped that the weather was PERFECT, but Bob really tied everything together. He saved the day on multiple occasions (ex. when my dad decided he wasn't supposed to bring the letter for our letter box with him to the alter, even though I had just told him he needed it), and was just incredibly professional, helpful, and overall a great guy to work with (I credit him with keeping my mom sane during the year long planning phase!).

The entire staff was wonderful, and the grounds are GORGEOUS! The food was tasty and presented beautifully, and it was clear that all staff were SUPER well prepared and attentive to every detail of my day. Everyone in attendance had a fabulous time and were VERY VERY impressed by the whole set-up of the venue.

Having a hotel on-site was also critical, since pretty much all of our guests were from out of town. The rooms are very spacious, comfy, and clean, and the hotel staff were very accommodating!

I really can't say enough good things about The International. I had a truly wonderful, unforgettable experience, and I know you will too if you choose to have your wedding there!

Profile Picture Sarah, 8/27/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Aisle Runners, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Lighting, Tables, Parking, Shuttle, Wheelchair Access, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, In-House Bar, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Wireless Internet, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Limited Bar, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

I can't say enough good things about the International! I was married here on July 8th and we had our rehearsal dinner, ceremony, and reception all at the International. Not only is the location absolutely beautiful, the food delicious, and the location convenient for guests (with the lodge on-site), but the staff is also amazing! Bob was incredible and every detail was perfect executed. He stayed the entire night to make sure everything went well and transported guests to and from the lodge in a golf cart to help elderly guests. I would definitely recommend the International for your wedding!

Profile Picture Megan, 7/8/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Planning

My husband and I had our wedding at the International one month ago and our friends and family are still raving about it! We literally had the BEST day ever! From the view to the food to the friendly and helpful staff, our day was absolutely perfect!

Profile Picture Michela, 6/24/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Despite cooler temperatures, our wedding was all we ever hoped for and more! It was a magical weekend for us and we couldn't be happier with our wedding venue reception. We loved the ambiance that the International had and felt like it was the perfect mix of "olden times" and modern. We loved all aspects of the property and fact that we had access to a great lounge/restaurant, the lodge to stay at, top notch golf courses and a beautiful reception area. It is a hidden gem with a lot of character that everyone loved and will not be forgotten. The service and quality of food was top notch and our guests have continued to tell us how it was one of the best weddings that have ever attended. We are forever grateful and will also feel attached to the International forever. We will take very opportunity we get to book a stay and play package, to attend one of the fun events they have or just to have dinner at the Fireplace and stay overnight in the inn/lodge. I still question if the night ever occurred because it was so special that it seems like a fairytale.

Profile Picture Susan , 5/13/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I loved Nashoba Valley winery for many years and decided to check out the vineyards for our wedding. They could only perform day weddings and suggested we look at the International for an after party space. Many of our guests were coming from out of town so a day wedding was not what we had in mind. We met with Bob Reynolds at the International to get a view of the grounds and talk about options. We absolutely fell in love with the venue and how beautiful it was there. We spent an hour and a half that day talking with Bob who was so professional, friendly and warm. The international has the ballroom for the reception and an on site lodge for guests wanting to stay plus an after party space. Bob invited us back after our initial meeting for a complimentary dinner during Valentine's Day weekend and the food was superb. We worked with Bob for nine months leading up to the wedding and he was great the entire time. He was very responsive to our emails and flexible with times when setting up follow up meetings. We also used some of his recommended vendors for the ceremony and pictures and could not be happier with them also. The day of the wedding the reception room was decorated beyond my expectations with the items we had brought in for the day to make it personalized. Bob and his entire staff were accommodating and amazing that entire day. Valerie was great and attentive to my husband and I during the reception and made sure we had something to eat and drink while getting photos. Our guests thought the venue was beautiful and had an amazing time. Our out of town guests loved relaxing in the after party space and sitting around the fire pit once the wedding was over. Bob and the International made our day very special and memorable and we cannot thank them enough.

Profile Picture jessica, 10/8/16, 8 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Set Up, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Indoor, Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Limited Bar, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Parking, Shuttle, Wheelchair Access

We got married here in July and loved having everything for our guests on one property (hotel and special event facilities). We used the outside area for our ceremony, the ballroom for our reception, then the lounge in the lodge for our after party. The ballroom had amazing sunset views that not only made for great professional pictures but our guest had great photo opportunities as well. All of our guests were raving about how amazing the appetizers and dinner was! The staff was attentive to every guest to make sure everyone was happy. Everything was absolutely perfect and we have The International's wedding coordinator Bob to thank for everything, he answered every question we could think of and made sure day was exactly how we wanted it. Our day was truly the day I had been dreaming about since I was a little girl.

Profile Picture Ashley, 7/3/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor

The International was a wonderful venue. They were professional - clearly wedding experts. The scenery was gorgeous, the food was delicious, and everyone had a great time!

Profile Picture User7044234, 2+ years ago, 1 Review

AMAZING VENUE!!!

My daughter and son-in-law had their wedding this June at the International Golf Club and Resort. My daughter lives out of town so I did the majority of the planning for the wedding. We worked closely with Bob Reynolds on every detail. He was terrific to work with and very responsive to any question by phone or email. Planning a wedding can be stressful, but Bob always made me feel confident that things were being done right. The setting is very beautiful. We got many great pictures with the beautiful natural scenery in the background including beautiful weeping willow trees, ponds and fountains. Although we were prepared for rain, we were lucky enough to have good weather so we had the ceremony outdoors. It was a beautiful setting and ceremony!

The reception could not have gone better. Bob and his staff were absolutely amazing. The tables were set beautifully and the room was gorgeous. They also set up the table cards and favors beautifully. Every detail was taken care of so I didn't have to worry or do anything except enjoy the day. The staff really cared about us. I'm sure there have been hundreds of weddings there, but they made us feel like ours was the only one that mattered.

The food was excellent. Our guests all complimented us on the hors d’oeuvres as well as the dinner. There were never any lines at the bar. Many of our guests came from out of town so it was nice to have an on-site lodge where they could spend the night without us having to worry about anyone drinking too much to drive. The lodge is very nice and allowed us to all get together in the morning for breakfast where many of the guests told us that this was the best wedding they had ever been to! Overall a wonderful experience and would highly recommend The International.

Profile Picture Ellen, 6/3/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Wine, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Uncovered Outdoor, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Set Up, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Tastings

Fantastic! Exceeded our expectations in every way. The venue is amazing. Tons of natural light and beautiful views. The large ballroom has a separate bar area, lovely foyer, and outdoor area for cocktails or just getting fresh air throughout the evening. There is lots of space for guests to mingle and feel comfortable. The food at the even was incredible. Passed hors d'oeuvres were excellent and stationary cheese and antipasto station were plentiful and delicious. Our guests loved the filet and the chicken was a good second choice. We had a "make your own sundae" for dessert as well as pastries which added some variety. The only negative was the gnocchi appetizer which was a poor choice since we had so many Italians at the even. Just weren't like "nona" use to make.
The staff at the International was amazing. They were always pleasant, accommodating and most importantly available. They made everyone's experience a positive and memorable one. I especially was to commend Bob Reynolds who was our event coordinator. From our first meeting he was extremely thorough and professional and his depth of knowledge was really helpful. He returned every call or e-mail promptly and he did an absolutely incredible job of making sure that every detail come out near perfect.
Last of all I would like to mention the Lodge. This was a selling point for us since we had many guests needing overnight accommodations. We ended up using almost every available room. The guest rooms were spacious and inviting. The grounds around the loge are beautiful and the staff most accommodating. We used the lounge area to have an after party with pizza and desserts. The guest loved this area and many stayed long after the bartender left.
I would highly recommend this venue to anyone looking to have an event here. It made a lasting impression on us and our guests.

Profile Picture Diane, 5/7/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding on July 4th at The International and it was better than we ever could have imagined. Everything came together perfectly. Yvonne was our wedding planner and she did a great job with all of the small details that made our day special. The views from the reception were beautiful and the food was amazing. We received so many compliments on The International from our guests. We had our rehearsal dinner at The Lodge the night before and it was perfect. The wedding party stayed there the entire weekend. After the reception we went back to The Lodge for the after party.It was a big hit for all of our guests. I would definitely recommenced The International to anyone who is getting married.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Pat, 7/4/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I were so pleased with every detail of our wedding in the ballroom at the International. Our guests raved about the food and service and we were so pleased with the location, to include the magnificent views, perfect after party location, and the hotel rooms at The Lodge. Yvonne pays great attention to every detail and all of the staff is willing to help with whatever you need! (In fact, I needed some makeup halfway through the night and Val, the server, went and found two staff members who let me borrow their concealer!!)

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture User5246896, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our daughter's wedding could not have been more perfect! Phenomenal meal choices that the guests raved about...Attentive staff ....and comfortable guest rooms right on the grounds are just a few of the reasons that we were happy with this wedding venue. Our wedding coordinator, Christine was great to work with and paid attention to small details that we might have overlooked.
We loved the cozy atmosphere of the Fireplace Room for the after party and the Breakfast Buffet was delicious and a great way to reconnect with guests. The International will not disappoint!

Profile Picture Deborah, 12/5/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I can't say enough good things about the International and have received many compliments on every facet of our wedding. I truly think it is the #1 spot for a wedding in New England. The ballroom is absolutely stunning with vaulted ceilings and what I think is a perfect floorplan (the bar is off to the side but in the same room so you don't lose your guests to another room all night!) The views overlooking the golf course are beautiful as well. We had a fall wedding so the foliage was beautiful looking out during our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception, but I have been there in all seasons and every time of year is beautiful. The food was delicious and many guests commented it was the best they've ever had at a wedding. The scallops wrapped in bacon were big and juicy unlike the measly greasy ones you get at most weddings. The service was impeccable. Christine, Tommy and the rest of their team are truly top notch. From meeting with Christine I knew I would not need to worry about anything and the day of the wedding really showed how well they all knew their stuff. Everything flowed perfectly and went off without a hitch. The waitstaff was constantly filling wine glasses, bringing drinks, putting your napkin on your lap, etc. The other fantastic part of having your wedding at The International is the Lodge onsite. They have 50 beautiful rooms for your guests and a large common room for an after-party. The rooms are affordable and it was a blast having everyone there with a great late night snack menu. We also had our rehearsal dinner there which was perfect so our bridal party did not have to travel. The day after the wedding everyone met in the same room for breakfast. Our wedding felt like it lasted an entire weekend rather than one rushed day.

Profile Picture Megan, 10/18/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I didn't want another day to go by without singing the praises of The Lodge, The International and their staff. We spent two nights there along with some other family and friends; I have to say everyone was extremely happy with their accommodations and the attentive staff. The wedding reception was raved about on every level, the delicious food, the beautiful surroundings and again, your staff was extremely accommodataing, friendly and attentive - what a wonderful way for our son and his bride to begin their marriage!

Profile Picture Kimberly, 10/5/13, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake

The service makes this place PHENOMENAL. The food is amazing, the space is beautiful, but our wedding planner (Christine LeFrancois) and all of the servers were just so great that they made our day go so smoothly and perfectly. Everyone was floored by how sweet and helpful every person there was... and there were a few broken glasses.... highly, highly, recommend... its worth every penny. And Christine is truly GREAT!

Profile Picture Ann, 5/25/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Wow! I don't even know where to begin :) I got married on 6/23/12 and had the PERFECT day! Joanne, the wedding coordinator, is INCREDIBLE! From day one, she was wonderful! She is kind, organized, patient, helpful and attentive. Joanne always responded to my questions quickly which was so nice. We had our ceremony on site, on the back patio, and it was beautiful! We then had our reception in the ballroom and it was everything that we could have asked for and more! The ballroom looked absolutely gorgeous! The food was incredible! I have never tasted wedding food this perfect! Our family and friends keep callling us to tell us what a wonderful time they had, and how great the food was! Thank you so much to Joanne and the entire staff at The International for making our day perfect!!!

Profile Picture Brandi, 6/16/12, 9 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding here over Labor Day weekend and it was absolutely amazing. We couldn't have asked for anything more at all. The views are beautiful, the service is impeccable and everything is right there so guests can stay over. Our wedding planner, Joanne, was awesome; anything we needed that day or any day before was done - she made it very easy. The food here is fabulous - I've never had anything there. Everyone we've talked to after the wedding has said it was the best wedding they have ever been to with the best food they've ever eaten. It was worth every penny:)

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 9/4/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

AMAZING! The International met and far exceeded our expectations for our special day. As luck would have it, we were married during Hurricane Irene. The staff the entire weekend, both the event staff and hotel staff, were beyond accommodating to our guests. Joanne, our Event Manager, was a gift from God. We had a few scheduled meetings with her throughout the previous 8 months leading up to our wedding. She is beyond organized, very thoughtful and so great to work with. She made our special day that much better. Anytime we needed something (dimming of the lights, an item for our ceremony, etc) or had a question, you turned around and there she was.

What was the icing on the cake was that the food the entire weekend (Friday night, Saturday and Sunday brunch) was amazing. Every single guest left there full and satisfied. All of the food comes from local farms and is prepared by in house by their amazing chef. They were so flexible when it came to specific dietary restrictions (gluten, kosher and vegan) and knew exactly what to do.

If I could give The International more than 5 stars, I would. No one wants to be a rainy/hurricane bride, but they made you forget about the weather and focus on the FUN!

Profile Picture User1390549, 2+ years ago, 8 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

FABULOUS! We had our wedding here on 9/24/11. It was a PERFECT Day. Joanne, the wedding planner, made sure that every little detail we asked for was attended to. The food was amazing, the drinks were delicious, and the staff was very friendly and very helpful. The room where our reception was looked absolutely dazzling. Every guest we have spoken to told us it was the best wedding that they have ever been to!

Joanne and everyone at the IGC was a pure pleasure to work with, were extremely professional and made sure that our day went just as we wanted it to. I would reccomend the IGC to anyone looking to have a wedding, they truly made our day spectaular, we wouldn't change a thing!

In addition to our wedding, the guys in our wedding party golfed the day before the wedding, we had close to 50 rooms booked at the lodge and the girls all used the spa the day of the wedding. Not only was the wedding perfect but so were all of the other facilities that we used at the IGC. All around it was a sure 10!

Profile Picture Ali, 7/4/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our reception at the International in May 2017. Everything went perfect. The coordinator, Bob, is unbelievably helpful and accommodating leading up to the big day and on the big day. He provides excellent guidance during the planning process. For example on the wedding day flower pollen got on the wedding dress. Bob conjured a vacuum to the bridal suite asap so we could get the pollen off. The staff was excellent, especially their bridal attendant Val. Even though they do events all the time, we felt like the entirety of the staff from hotel, to bartenders to cleaning staff treated us with so much respect and responsiveness. I thought the venue was a great value since lots of perks are included such as the gold chairs, nice linens, champagne, cake cutting/serving/garnishing, uplighting and legit afterparty space. They don't nickel and dime you like some other venues. The hors d'oeuvres and meal was excellent. The new patio outside was greatly enjoyed by guests at sunset and during cocktail hour. We also had our reception dinner there outside where ceremonies are typically held and it was fantastic. Our guests loved being able to stay on site at the hotel. Another great bonus of this venue was the opportunity for a foursome to play a round of golf on the course.

Profile Picture Peter, 5/20/17, 1 Review

We got married at the International this past October. The ceremony was held on site, overlooking the course and our reception was held in the Fireplace Room restaurant.

Christine and her staff worked so hard to make our day incredible! During our planning process, Christine was helpful in offering suggestions and creating a day that very personalized. The tasting event was a great experience to get a feel for the venue and the food.

The staff were extremely accommodating to all our guests and our wedding party. They provided transportation via golf carts to those that needed it and the wedding party.

Susan, who waited on our wedding party, was extremely helpful and it was great to have her there with us every step of the way.The Fireplace room was set up beautifully and we held our cocktail hour out on the deck, which was beautiful with the sun setting right over it.The wait staff and bartenders were polite and gave excellent service to all of our guests. Christine worked with my husband and I to make sure everything ran on time but took this stress upon herself to take care of.

Susan, took great care of us during dinner. While we went to each table to greet guests, she kept our food warm and brought it out when we were ready. The champagne bottle behind our chairs was also a very nice touch.
At the end of the night, the staff took care of bringing all of our items over to our room at the lodge, the cake tower, the guest book, displays and glassware. They even delivered our left over cupcakes to the after party at the lodge.

The after party was a great addition to our big day. The room accommodated over 70 people and the food was very helpful. It was a nice ambience to have the fire going there as well.

Thank you so much to the International for making a day our families and us will never forget!!

Profile Picture User3730324, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Bob is a kind, jolly, and super accommodating event manager and host. Despite some early hitches in communication, our day went flawlessly. He had everything ready, and we were on time even with over 200 guests. He also helped us really maximize the space, so we used several different locations within the venue to host our pre and post wedding events. I would highly recommend this green, indoor-outdoor, woodsy but beautifully landscaped venue (and perks - there is lodging on sight for guests from out of town!). Thank you for helping us host a dream wedding.

Profile Picture Rashmi, 8/26/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Chairs, Dance Floor, Drapery, Tables, Outside Cake, Server(s), Tastings, Parking, Shuttle, Wheelchair Access, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, In-House Bar, Set Up, Wireless Internet, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

The International is a hidden gem for weddings! It is so gorgeous while remaining budget friendly. Bob was so accommodating of our needs and worked hard to make sure that our wishes and needs were met. We had full use of the bridal suite on site without any interruptions, which made getting ready with a large group that much easier. The food was unbelievably amazing -- the mushroom appetizer and filet mignon are still on our minds!

Profile Picture Jessica, 5/6/17, 2 Reviews