Tangled Lilac Photography Reviews

25 | Flagstaff, AZ

25 Reviews for Tangled Lilac Photography

• Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 04/21/2018

Absolutely loved Melissa! My fiance and I had our engagement photos taken by Tangled Lilac and we love the pictures. The pictures are gorgeous and I'm so happy we decided to go with Tangled Lilac. Melissa is awesome and really made us feel at ease. We had our pictures taken during the fall in Flagstaff because I was dead set on getting the golden Aspens in our pictures and Melissa worked with me to find the perfect place. Thank you!

Sent on 12/06/2016

Tangled Lilac Photography's reply:

Stephanie, Thank you so much for the sweet review! I had so much fun with you both and loved that we were able to go to such a beautiful part of the mountain for your engagement session. Thank you!!

Melissa at Tangled Lilac was a dream to work with!! She made time to schedule phone calls with me and answer questions I had about a wedding day timeline. I booked the minimum time and she had suggestions on the schedule to ensure that everything I wanted documented was captured. Our families commented on how kind and helpful she was the day of. And most importantly, the final photos are truly breathtaking! She caught moments in our ceremony that we will look back on for a lifetime. I highly, highly recommend Tangled Lilac. True professionals that feel like friends! Thanks so much, Melissa!

Sent on 09/29/2014

Caitlin · Married on 12/05/2013

We could not be happier with the way our photos turns out! This was such a special day and looking at the photos brings back all of those emotions'! Just what we were hoping for! We love how they captured our happiness as well as all of the details of our wedding! Thank you again Kristen and Melissa!

Sent on 12/05/2013

Tangled Lilac Photography delivered exactly what they promised and more. My husband and I were planning our wedding long distance and Kristen and Melissa were happy to work with us. We could not be happier with how the photographs turned out, the photographers were incredibly flexible, and they even asked for input on what photographs we wanted. I would recommend them to EVERYONE!

Sent on 12/05/2013

Ren · Married on 09/28/2013

Kristen was our main contact when getting details with wedding photography sorted out. I appreciated her availability, being able to arrange meetings quickly, and she also responded to every one of my emails with in a few hours. Tangled Lilac's pricing seems in-line with what's to be expected from the wedding photography industry in Northern Arizona. While they were more affordable that one other service I checked out, they had almost the same pricing as a third photography service I was also looking at; I went with Tangled Lilac because their packages were more flexible than the other service with the similar pricing.
    On the day of the wedding, Kristen and Jake (who was actually a substitute photographer, who was really great) were on time, looking sharp and were great with navigating how to best take care of most of the posed shots (bridal party and groom's party separately), before the ceremony.
    I will say that I was very specific about getting setting-sun shots. And Kristen and Jake executed it perfectly! Kristen had actually photographed a wedding at the same outdoor venue the day before and took note of when exactly the light was best. She came and grabbed me and my husband and spent 15/20 minutes taking couple's shots among the aspens and the fading autumn light. The images came out perfect!
    The photos from the rest of the wedding celebration were also much to my liking, and I do have a sense that Kristen and Jake made an effort to capture each unique aspect of our ceremony, each of our guests in a variety of candid group shots, and also got the posed shots of the wedding party and our families that were a priority for me. We also received our edited photos in an acceptable amount of time. Definitely recommend Tangled Lilac!

Sent on 01/31/2014

Jeannette · Married on 08/31/2013

What can we say about Melissa and Kirsten, but absolutely amazing women! It was a pleasure to work with them. We love how friendly, sweet and down to earth they are; and not to mention incredibly talented and creative! I cannot wait for our trash the dress session and future sessions with you guys :) Thank you for capturing our memories!

Sent on 09/23/2013

M · Married on 04/21/2013

My wife and I eloped at the South Rim of Grand Canyon this past April. After searching for photographers on the Internet, it was obvious that the ladies at Tangled Lilac were amazing photographers. We decided to splurge for top notch photographers, and that's exactly what we got.

All the advance planning was very simple. Kristen and Melissa were very responsive, and answered all our questions quickly. They arrived at the wedding location early to scope out some different places for good photo opportunities. They were extremely friendly and it was very easy for my wife and I to be comfortable in front of the camera. They took tons of photos in several location of the two of us, and the few family members who were there. Again, they were very nice and easy to work with.

After the wedding we we extremely excited to see the photos, and after about 2 weeks they were ready. The photos were amazing! They exceeded our expectations. They capture us at our happiest moment, at sunset, on the rim of the Grand Canyon. After we received the photos, we ordered invitations for our elopement celebration, and selected 2 of our favorite photos. Kristen designed an invitation, and sent us a proof for our approval within a day. It was perfect!!

I would not hesitate to recommend Kristen and Melissa, at Tangled Lilac.

Sent on 06/04/2013
  • Al&Krissy

Al and Kristen · Married on 04/19/2013

Kristen and Melissa at Tangled Lilac are top notch. We had a destination wedding at Poco Diablo Resort in Sedona, Arizona in April 2013 and were looking for a photographer who could capture not only the day, but also the beauty of our surroundings. My wife and I agreed that there were 2 things we would not skimp on for our wedding - Rings and Pictures. Both will stay with us forever.

While interviewing for photographers, we lined up 4 with Kristen and Melissa being the last. Mainly because once we met, we were done, we hit it off with them immediately and their portfolio had exactly what we were looking for. We knew we had our photographers. These girls were organized, professional and a pleasure to work with leading up to and including our wedding day. They not only took amazing photos of us, they were fun to be around.

Additional benefits were, we had 2 photographers to cover bride and groom getting ready and to get the photos and plenty of candids. During the ceremony and reception, you hardly knew they were there. After it was all over, we had our photos and a slide show they put together for us before we returned from our honeymoon.

Kristen and Melissa are amazing people and we are happy to now call them friends!

Sent on 09/25/2013

Ashli · Married on 10/14/2012

I first saw Melissa Dunstan's work in a boutique in Downtown Flagstaff and fell in love with all the photographs. I knew immediately that I wanted her as my wedding photographer. From the moment we met and all through the wedding process Melissa and Kristin have been such an amazing duo. Throughout the wedding process Melissa and Kristin have been the most amazing directors of photography. The contract was simple and the pricing was great for such incredible quality. Our photos definitely look like they came out of a magazine. They have such a beautiful way of capturing special moments. We LOVE our photos of our Wedding Day; watching the slideshow and seeing the proofs brought tears to so many eyes! Tangled Lilac is the BEST and we will absolutely use their services again! Thank you Melissa and Kristin;) Blessings to you both and to Tangled Lilac.

Love, Ashli & Joesph

Sent on 12/05/2012

Melissa and Kristen are AMAZING to work with!! my husband and I were looking for a photographer who we could be ourselves with and who really captured the special moments (not the staged ones). We felt like they not only did an amazing job on our photos, but made the day a complete blast!! I would highly recommend them if you are looking for photographers who pay close attention to detail, passionate about their work, and work well as a team. :)

Sent on 01/31/2013

Cassie-Marie · Married on 06/15/2012

Kristen and Melissa were excellent to work with, lots of fun, and did a great job at our wedding! We were very pleased with the work and would recommend them to anyone intrested in photography up north!

Sent on 06/21/2012

Nicole · Married on 06/09/2012

Kristen and Melissa provided excellent service and made my day very special!!

Sent on 06/27/2012

Joanne · Married on 06/08/2012

Melissa and her photography partner Kristen worked so nicely with our family on our wedding day. She took the time and effort to set everyone us in our photos to get the most amazing pictures possible. She worked especially with us one on one two days after our wedding to travel around Sedona locations of our choice to get amazing Sedona photos. We were so happy and excited to work with such high quality photographers!

Sent on 06/13/2012

Katie · Married on 05/26/2012

Melissa and Kristen did an excellent job!! They were professional, fun, responsive, and creative. They also did a great job of making us feel comfortable. We couldn't have asked for more!

• Caitlin

Caitlin · Married on 08/01/2011

Melissa and her assistant were so much fun to work with that it took away all of the nerves and awkwardness of taking photos. They were very creative and actively involved in the whole process, taking us all over the picture site in all different poses and settings. It was a really enjoyable experience, and the pictures came out better than I could have ever hoped for. Melissa's work definitely stands out among other photographers. It's very artful and almost painterly. I can't wait to order a canvas print and photo book of our pictures!

Sent on 08/16/2011

Carrie · Married on 06/18/2011

Melissa Dunstan is one of our near and dear friends and despite our desire to have her photograph our wedding personally we wanted her to be a part of our special day as a bridesmaid instead. Fortunately for us, her partner, Kristen Carnes, was available to shoot our wedding, and did a phenomenal job! Aside from their friendship, Melissa and Kristen Carnes (both of Melissa Dunstan Photography) have an amazing knack for capturing candid and special moments at weddings; those moments that are genuine, show the love between two people, their families and friends. Kristen made us feel at ease during our portraits and had a way of being almost invisible throughout the ceremony and reception. Not having a disruptive or “in your face” photographer on our wedding day allowed us to remember the moments, the laughs and the friends and family. When it came to ordering a photo album of our wedding (because the pictures were SO great), Kristen designed a masterpiece! We are so happy with our pictures and the memories that Melissa Dunstan Photography captured of our day.

Sent on 06/25/2012

Katie · Married on 04/16/2011

We had a 50's wedding and the two photographers did an amazing job of catching every detail! We wanted an old vintage look and Melissa far exceeded any and all expectations! The was more than reasonable. I highly reccomend Melissa Dunstan Photography!

• FutureFrench

Alicia · Married on 10/15/2010

Melissa and Kristen were a true blessing for us and we are endlessly grateful that they were a part of our wedding day. Besides taking gorgeous photos, they made our guests and us feel comfortable throughout the day. I would recommend them without question to anyone and we hope to use them again in the future when more of life's moments occur that require lovely photos.

Sent on 06/07/2012

Lisa · Married on 10/10/2009

I could not have chosen a better photographer! Melissa has a great eye and is such a professional! Anyone can be a 'photographer', but Melissa is a true artist. Other photographers may charge less, however you get what you pay for. Melissa's unique style, ability to tell a story and technique are worth the money. Invest in your wedding pictures! You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 02/05/2010

Molly · Married on 10/03/2009

Melissa was everything we were looking for in a photographer and more! She was easy to get in touch with, very reasonably priced, and took amazing photos. She's friendly, which made me feel relaxed during portraits, and once the wedding began we hardly noticed her there!
    Even after the wedding she's been in constant communication about the proofs and our album, as well as graciously responding to all my nit-picking. We loved Melissa and would recommend her to anyone :)

Sent on 02/15/2010

Amee · Married on 07/25/2009

The most amazing Photographer ever! She captures to true love that my husband and I share!

Sent on 02/07/2010

Meggan · Married on 05/09/2009

Melissa was amazing. She was with me all day getting ready and stayed well into the night at the reception. She had two assistants and took so many great photos. Her price was extremely reasonable compared to others that I looked at. She also did our engagement photos as part of the price.

Sent on 06/06/2009

Tangled Lilac provided great service and flexibility. Our original photographer took ill before our wedding and they provided another associate Jake Bacon, he was outstanding and spent time assuring the perfect photo ops. We are very happy with our pictures!

Sent on 06/05/2013

Alicia · Married on 08/04/2012

We absolutely thought our photographers were the best thing that we had at our wedding. They were both so fun and profesional and we all really had a great time with them. The photos turned out so beautiful and will be memories we will have forever!

Sent on 01/30/2013

Michelle · Married on 04/14/2012

THANK YOU!! LOVE THE THANK YOU CARDS!

The only thing that I would have liked different is when we had the group family shots to have one of the photograohers tell the family members where to stand so the picture looks nice. In my group shots it looked as if everyine just bunched together and some people looked akward in the picture. Maybe a little more "take charge" would have been helpful!