Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

44 Reviews for Style by Bravura

Consultations (1)
Group Services (1)
Licensed (1)
Textured Styling (1)

Robin and Becca of Style by Bravura were the hair stylists for my wedding. Several of my bridesmaids came with pictures of very specific hair styles they wanted and Robin and Becca did an amazing job at replicating the pictures and giving everyone exactly the style they wanted. Robin was very responsive, easy to work with and helped me pick out the perfect hair extensions. Prior to my hair trial, I didn't really know how I wanted to do my hair but Robin did a great job of helping me figure out what looked best and I absolutely loved the way she did my hair. Every single bridesmaid, as well as my mom and mother-in-law looked beautiful and were very happy with their hair styles as well. I would highly recommend Style by Bravura!

Profile Picture Shelby, 9/17/16, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Robin and Amelia were absolutely fantastic! I have been told more times then I can count how beautiful I looked on my wedding day and the best part was, I truly felt beautiful! They were very helpful with my trial, very responsive to emails, very easy to transact the financial portion and were right on time and ready to go on the day of. My bridal party couldn't have looked more beautiful! I had both Caucasian and African American bridesmaids and I am very appreciative of artists who can work on any beautiful canvas! Thank you so much for your stellar work ladies and I will recommend you to every and anyone who will listen!

Profile Picture Erica, 9/9/16, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Everything was great! Robin was very helpful setting up my requests. They came to my home to do my hair and makeup trial and to the resort on my wedding day. Gina and Amelia were so much fun and worked so well together! They even kept a happy face when dealing with a difficult and hard to please family member. The entire day was calm and full of jokes, which kept me calm. Another bonus was i didn't have to collect money from all the girls - a personalized website was created for my party, so the girls can go online and pay themselves. After researching many other vendors, this one was about the same price as the others, but they included the lashes. I'd recommend them to anyone!

Profile Picture User7218470, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
4.7

Style by Bravura provided hair & makeup services for my wedding on August 13th. Three stylists took care of hair & makeup for ten women in about five hours.

Having the hair & makeup trial at my apartment was a great way to try out the looks I wanted for my big day, and they actually brought photos and notes from my trial to the bridal suite to get things exactly right.

The stylists were efficient, friendly, and ultimately professionals at what they do. We ran the gamut of bridesmaids knowing EXACTLY what they wanted to "oh, I don't really know, just do something pretty" and the stylists did an amazing job regardless of the amount of direction they received. Pricing was reasonable and competitive, especially considering it included airbrush foundation and lashes.

Highly recommend. You won't be disappointed.

Profile Picture User5330038, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Services Used: Hair, Makeup, Airbrush Makeup, Fake Lashes, Updos/Styling

Great great service, hair and makeup was amazing and the trials made me feel both very comfortable. I got paired with amazing hair stylist and makeup artist and I was very pleased ! Hair and makeup was even done early on the day of

Profile Picture Tristana, 8/12/16, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Style by Bravura was amazing to work with, I loved how they set up a website for me and my bridesmaids. They were extremely professional and I loved their work!

Profile Picture User5368916, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Hair, Makeup, Airbrush Makeup, Fake Lashes, Updos/Styling

I cannot thank Jen enough for the work she did and the outcome of my hair. I have never walked away from getting my hair done liking it, and on Saturday I walked away absolutely loving it. Brian, my now husband (!!), has told me multiple times how much he loved it. He told me that day, the day after, and today. Throughout the day multiple people complimented my hair and loved the way it looked. Thank you so much for creating such a beautiful style that I was comfortable in and proud of. Also, my bridesmaids all looked amazing. I truly think everyone walked away satisfied with what they got. Your willingness to touch up and fix what people were looking to be fixed was amazing. I never felt it was a burden for you and not having to worry about that on the day of was great. Their hair looked as amazing at midnight as it did at 2:00! Becca made my nieces day by putting some curls in their hair when she had time. They talked about getting their hair done to whoever would listen.

Profile Picture Chelsy, 7/9/16, 1 Review
4.7

Loved my hair and makeup!! Both turned out so beautifully! And the ladies were so sweet and fun to be around day-of!

Profile Picture Christina, 7/9/16, 1 Review
3.6

Wish they were able to give us two stylists - would have made it more comfortable to have all my girls get their makeup done. But, Amelia did a great job with everyone's makeup.

Profile Picture User6933610, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Airbrush Makeup, Fake Lashes, Makeup

Choosing Style by Bravura for my wedding hair and makeup was the best vendor selection I made for my big day! The three ladies I worked with were all amazing.

Robin (Coordinator/Owner): She is detail-oriented, attentive and organized. She responds to emails quickly and thoroughly, and she was very patient with my many questions and schedule changes. I was extremely appreciative of her flexibility and exceptional communication skills when I was neck-deep in the wedding chaos!

Christy (Makeup): I love, love, love Christy! Not only did she do an amazing job for both my trial and "big day," she is so friendly, genuine, easy to talk to and knowledgeable about all things skin care-related.

Lynzie (Hair): Lynzie is awesome. She works quick and does a great job. I ended up changing my mind about my hairstyle a week or so before my wedding. I was a little nervous, because I ran out of time to do another trial, but Lynzie pulled it off perfectly! On top of that, myself, four bridesmaids and my mom all got our hair done the morning of the wedding, and Lynzie got us all done before schedule!

My mom, bridesmaids and I all looked and felt amazing during my wedding day thanks to these ladies! I highly, highly recommend Style by Bravura to any Chicago-area bride!

Profile Picture User5225043, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Consultations, Group Services, Hair, Licensed, Makeup, Fake Lashes, Textured Styling, Updos/Styling

So I live in Alaska and was getting married in plymouth, Indiana. Origionally from Ireland, i was very lost at who to pick. I couldn't even get down to Chicago for a trial. Style by Bravura were so professional and so accommodating. Both my hair and make up ladies made me and my family feel so pampered and beautiful. I don't know how they did it but our hair and make up stayed fresh all day. Even from all the crying and hugs. I would recommend Style by Bravura to every bride getting married.

Profile Picture Louise, 5/13/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Robin arranged everything! Everything went smoothly, I did my wedding hair & makeup (it was only for me, and some vendors actually do not come out for a bride only). I did a trial with someone else too, and selected Robin for my wedding at Trump Hotel in May 2016.

My hair was done by Jen, and makeup by Konstantine. Both were wonderful (and I am very picky) - received many compliments. Konstantine, who used to work at Vogue and Mac, uses only great quality high-end products (Chanel etc).

This is NOT a typical "cheesy" mediocre level service, but rather a service with unique, personalized attention to detail. I was a happy beautiful bride!
Marina

Profile Picture marina, 5/7/16, 8 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Robin and our whole crew at Style by Bravura were just AMAZING. We worked with Robin, Jen, Konstantine, and and Stephanie for hair and makeup for two brides, 5 bridesmaids, and two mothers of the brides. The trials were so much fun and instilled so much confidence that we would be feeling confident on our big day. On the day itself, all four stylists kept us calm, on time, and made us all look stunning. A few especially notable things that we were thankful for - Robin was always making sure that we had our needs met, checked in with us after the trial to ensure we were satisfied, and helped keep us organized as we approached our wedding. The customizable website just for us and our group was SO appreciated. Also, it was absolutely perfect that they all traveled to our location for getting ready. All in all - such a great experience, and definitely recommended for any Chicago area brides!

Profile Picture Grace, 4/30/16, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Style by Bravura did an amazing job for my February 6th wedding! I definitely would refer them to any bride! I had a very larger group (me, my seven bridesmaids, and my mom) that required three stylist (Brittany, Amelia, and Gina). They helped create a timeline for each girl to get their hair and make-up down using their amazing website, were super friendly, and had great ideas for girls who weren't sure how they wanted to be styled. Thank you so much Robin, Gina, Amelia, and Brittany!

Profile Picture Ashley, 2/6/16, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Robin and the Style by Bravura Team was amazing to work with! They were incredibly responsive and helpful throughout the entire process and are so good at what they do! Our first trial went amazing and the people doing hair and make up made myself and my bridesmaids feel so welcome. We experienced a hangup before the wedding where the person who was scheduled to do our hair no longer could. Robin called me immediately to explain the situation and said that she would be the replacement for our day. She offered another hair trial and a credit for the trouble, and did an amazing job the day of! I was incredibly impressed with the professionalism and problem solving and was incredibly happy with the end results. She also stayed in contact through email and was very patient with last minute schedule changes and rearranges that needed to take place. The day of her and Lama showed up on time and were an awesome addition to everything going on that day. They had a schedule set beforehand and stuck to it so that everyone was ready to go on time. Everyone who had their hair and make up done looked amazing and were extremely happy with the results. I would recommend Robin and her team any day!

Profile Picture Nina, 9/26/15, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Robin was very easy and professional to work with. Lisa did a fantastic job at giving me the natural look that I wanted from my make-up, and Gina brought the vision I had for my hair to life better than I could've imagined. I was more than satisfied with my experience!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 9/19/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Robin and the Style By Bravura team were wonderful! My MOH's and I went downtown to Robin's apartment for the trial run and I left knowing that's what I needed at my wedding. Their interactive website is so easy to use in preparation for the day of. I was a little concerned on the wedding day with them wanting to start early, but -trust me- they know the schedule and what needs to be done and when. On the day of, Robin came right to the hotel (overnight & reception site) for hair, along with makeup artists, Lisa and Amelia, and they did an amazing job! They brought all of their equipment and made you feel like a rockstar through the whole process. A couple of my bridesmaids had their own hair or makeup done beforehand and there was no fuss about a thing (I'd suggest going with the ease of these pro's though!). My husband was psyched to see me and the final product lasted through the whole night, leaving such stunning memories! I wish I could have this fabulous group in my arsenal for daily life!

Profile Picture Kari, 9/19/15, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I got married on September 12, 2015 and used Style by Bravura as my hair & make-up team for the big day. I worked with Gina for hair and Lisa for makeup. They were great from start to finish! The best part was that they came to my condo on my wedding day and got us all primped there. This saved us a ton of money on hotel room rentals and was extremely convenient.

I had my pre-booking trial with them a few months before the wedding. I was thrilled with the results and couldn't wait to book them. Robin, who runs the show and is the point of contact, was very easy to work with and was super responsive to all my emails.

On my wedding day, Gina arrived before the sun was up (5:45 AM!) to get a head start on hair for all of us (5 in total). She was chipper and fun and so sweet. Lisa, also totally adorable, showed up a couple hours later for makeup. They were so relaxed and happy and it made for a no-stress atmosphere for all of us. Most importantly, they did an amazing job and stuck to the timeline! When I decided to add a bit more contouring and change my lip color at the last minute, Lisa rolled with the punches and suggested the PERFECT lip color to enhance the rest of my look. Loved it! Everyone else looked beautiful and loved their hair and makeup too.

I would not hesitate to book SbB again - they were awesome! If you're wondering which makeup company to pick, definitely call SbB for a trial - you will not regret it!

Profile Picture Christy, 9/12/15, 10 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I used Style by Bravura for the hair and make-up at my wedding and I was very glad that I did. Something that was very nice for me in setting everything up was that I could communicate for the most part via email. This is especially nice since I'm typically very busy. I shopped around a bit on-line to compare prices and found that their prices were extremely reasonable, especially since they came directly to me for my hair and make-up trials as well as the day of the wedding.

I had them do my hair and make-up, all of my bridesmaids' hair, and a few others opted for their make-up to be done as well. They did a great job on everyone. I had some bridesmaids with some difficult hair (short/thin, etc) and they were able to create some really fantastic looking hair for them without any issues. I also chose not to grow my hair out too much for the wedding and they were able to make my hair look lovely. I also really appreciated how willing they were to listen to my feedback after the trials and make adjustments the day of. I almost didn't send my additional comments over since I didn't mention it at the trial, but they simply made note and ensured that I looked exactly how I pictured in my mind on the day of the wedding.

I was also very impressed with how inventive the hairstyles were across the board. Everyone looked fantastic and we all went into it with very little direction. After a couple of simple questions to get each girl's general preferences, they were able to create some lovely updo's.

I would definitely recommend their services to any bride looking for someone. I really didn't want all of my bridesmaids going different places on the big day to get their hair done so it was really special to have all of us together at the hotel and then look fabulous afterwards.

Thanks Style by Bravura!

Profile Picture Karrah, 8/15/15, 7 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Quick background on my experience: About six weeks before my wedding, a girl from another salon (NOT Style by Bravura) who I had booked said she could no longer be there and I'd have to find someone else to do hair. In an absolute panic, I put the word out that I needed to find a new place to do my and my bridesmaids' hair, and a wedding planner friend of mine recommended Style by Bravura. Within MINUTES, I had an email from Robin, and after reading many positive reviews, I decided to book with Style by Bravura. I am so happy I did, because working with Robin and her company was such an easy process. She always answered my questions in a very timely manner, and she even set me and the bridesmaids up with a website where we could pay, see the day's schedule, and read about FAQs. (My bridesmaids and I LOVED this...it was a huge weight off my shoulders to know payments and schedules were in Robin's hands). Robin hooked me up with Gina for hair, and our experience with her as nothing but fabulous. During the trial and the weeks leading up to the wedding, Gina, Robin, and I came up with a vision for my hair, and Gina absolutely NAILED it on the wedding day. My hair truly looked like the exact vision I had in my head. On top of that, she did a beautiful job with my 6 bridesmaids, and all of our hair (even my mostly down and curled style) lasted the entire day and night (and the 90 degree day!). We got so many compliments throughout the night. Gina was fun, sweet, patient, and talented, and we just had the best experience. Thanks so much, Robin and Gina!! I highly recommend Style by Bravura for anyone looking to have beautiful and fabulous hair, an easy communication process, and a good deal!

Profile Picture Lisa, 7/24/15, 3 Reviews
3.1

So I did ended up not going with Style by Bravura. I had 2 trials set up as I know many brides do. And I let Robin now about this. When I let her know that I loved both my trials and that Amelia at her company was fabulous. But so was the other girl I had a trial with. So since the other girl does not charge me a $75 travel fee if I do not have 4 people in my party well I went with my 2nd trial. And Robin decided to answer asking me
“Would the cost of your second trial not have covered the travel fee?”
I am sorry but that was simply an unnecessary response. I could have spent money on 5 trial if I wanted because I am looking for the perfect look but if it comes down to 2 amazing artist well you have to pick your pros and Cons and that extra $75 was a Con.
Again the stylist was amazing I just really think her response was unnecessary and unprofessional.
I put 3 stars because like I said Amelia was awesome.

Profile Picture User3974427, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Robin, Amelia and Gina were friendly, professional and very responsive. I had a terrific time getting my hair and make up done. Amelia and Gina listened to my wedding party and did exactly what each person wanted. Everyone was very pleased.

Profile Picture Stephanie, 7/17/15, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I had a wonderful experience with Style by Bravura.Robin and Brittany were very professional and so easy to work with !

Profile Picture Naaz, 6/28/15, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Style by Bravura was a great service provider on the day of my brother's wedding. We used their services to get mine and my moms hair styled. Since we were not local, we found them via Yelp and handled most of our communication with Robin via email. She was very detailed and quick to respond which made me very comfortable working with her. She was very transparent about her availabilities and the feasibility (we needed someone to come to our hotel at 5AM!) She assigned us a hair stylist, Gina, closer to our event date whom we were very happy with. Gina arrived on time even though it was such an early start time and was very professional. She was very accommodating given our room space was tight and was respectful of the limited time we had to work with. We were able to show her a picture the day of and she did a wonderful job in executing the hairstyle and making sure it was well secured to last us for the day.

I'm always skeptical about working with service providers who are not local especially on such an important day in our lives but working with a company like Style by Bravura and her very reliable team made the process reassuring, the service reliable and the results exceeded expectations. Thank you for making us look amazing on such a special day!

Profile Picture Sejal, 6/27/15, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I had my hair and make-up done as a the bride. My mom, sister and two friends also received services. I also had a trial for hair and make-up. After the trial, I loved my make-up but didn't like my hair. After seeing the style I originally wanted on me, I decided to go in a different direction. Robin was patient and helpful. Even sent me pics of suggestions. After seeing how great my make-up looked, my sister decided to get hers done as well. Lisa is very talented! The day of my wedding both my hair and make-up were perfect. I really needed help because trying to look pretty really stresses me out! The ladies at Style by Bravura made looking great for my wedding stress free. They were on time, professional, and friendly.

Profile Picture User4803157, 2+ years ago, 1 Review