Smokin' Joe's BBQ and Catering Reviews

18 | Yorktown, VA

18 Reviews for Smokin' Joe's BBQ and Catering

Jenny · Married on 04/18/2015

Ashley and her staff were amazing. I was a very particular bride about timing and when apps should be served and bar open. They kept the drinks flowing and the apps coming. They set up my entire venue and it looked just as I had pictured it in my mind. The food was warm and delicious. She was very responsive with me and helped with decorations, colors etc. Awesome team!

Tamie · Married on 05/11/2013

Can not say thank you enough! Everyone was great & patient - décor, flowers and food was wonderful ! When I got my pictures back from photographer I was amazed again in the details my wedding had and all the personalization that was worked in. All my guests commented on how wonderful your staff was and the bartender was awesome- he talked to us many times before and even after the wedding to make sure everything was taken of - which was greatly appreciated. Would and do recommend Smokin' Joes !

• I

Ileana · Married on 04/06/2013

I cannot find enough words to describe how wonderful our wedding turned out to be. Ashley and Holly worked closely with us from the very beginning and helped us with every single detail. I didn't have a particular theme in mind except a classy outdoor event. That's exactly what I got and more. We had several meetings where she showed me samples of our tablecloths and floor plans, and it was exactly what I wanted. A lot of the major set up was going on while I was getting ready, so I had no clue as to what was waiting for me. I remember walking to the gate and what I saw was magical. It was a dream come true. That was just the back yard. I had not seen the inside of the tent yet. That was even more beautiful. The lanterns hanging off the ceiling, the center pieces with the yellow rose petals. The flowers were amazing. All the bouquets were wonderful and classy, especially mine. I waited many years for a wedding like this one and it was perfect. I cannot name a single thing that went wrong. I would recommend them over and over. It was well worth it!!

• Michelle

Michelle · Married on 11/25/2012

Ashley and the staff at Smoking Joes BBQ were amazing!!! We told them what we wanted and they gave us just that plus some!! The food was delicious and hot! The decorations were fabulous! I loved all of the little details they added! The entire day couldn't have been more perfect! Many of our guests have said our wedding was the best they had ever been to!
    Thanks Ashley and crew!'

• Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 10/13/2012

I cannot say enough about Smokin' Joes and the women they have running the show. I have been to alot of weddings that I would consider "cookie cutter" wedding. No variety, cold/dry food, all of the tables are copies of each other and rude staff. What I did know going into the wedding planning process is that I did not want any of that! These ladies planned my ceremony and the reception with so much class and patience. Their ideas are fresh. The food was SO good and HOT and I received compliments on it the entire night. The decor was so charming. I gave them an idea of what I was looking for but they just took it to a whole other level. It was breathtaking!! Ashley Moss, the owner, was available to me via email, text or phone call anytime and would promptly return my phone call if I missed her. Even my late night emails would get returned within moments! They even did my flowers! These ladies are top shelf and if you are looking for someone to make your big day flow easily and make your guest walk away saying WOWWW!!!, then you should DEFINITELY consider Smokin' Joes!

Cynthia · Married on 10/06/2012

Absolutely first class. Ashley and her team performed beyond my expectations at my daughter's wedding reception, and my expectations were high. She was always available and willing to talk and meet at the reception venue to ensure that we were completely comfortable with even the smallest details. Ashley and her staff did a great job in setting up the tables and chairs with beautiful linens and decorating the yacht club. The food provided by Smokin' Joe's was very good and plentiful. Lots of compliments, especially on the sweet and moist cornbread! The food was served to 150 wedding guests on the plate and not buffet style, as we requested. The full service they provided was exceptional and affordable. Ashley is a talented professional who aims to please and succeeds in doing so. She credits her staff with great teamwork. I am so grateful to Ashley and her hard working team for making the reception a complete success. I will highly recommend Smokin' Joe's Catering to my family and friends for any event, large or small, informal or formal with full service.

Lisa · Married on 09/09/2012

We contracted Smokin Joes BBQ for our daughters wedding and we were 100% satisfied. The owner, Ashley Moss, worked with us throughout the planning process to ensure the wedding went exactly as planned. She took care of the party rentals for us so we would only have 1 invoice as well as the food, decorations, etc. She is a very creative individual who gave guidance where needed. The tent and yard were decorated beautifully and the food was excellent. There were alot of compliments. During the wedding her staff was nothing less than professional and very friendly. Always asking if we needed anything, etc. I highly recommend using Smokin Joes BBQ for any events that require a caterer.

Sid · Married on 08/25/2012

Smokin' Joe's BBQ & Staff made our wedding day & planning so easy! They handled the flowers, food & decor and get an AAA+ for all of their efforts! And having them do all of this saved me a lot of time! They completely got my style & made it so beautiful! I told Ashley my style and she ran with it & I knew I didn't have anything to worry about. They exceeded our expectations & we will definitely use them again for future events! The staff rocks too! We couldn't have been happier!

Amanda · Married on 08/25/2012

I was very pleased with how everything turned out, from food to set-up. The day of my wedding there was some flooding in the original rooms of the museum and things had to be moved around. Luckily, Ashley and her team were great and made sure that everything turned out perfect. All the guest complimented on how great the staff was, the food, the decor, and the table linens Ashley chose were a hit! Definitely a wonderful overall experience!

• Nalani

Nalani · Married on 06/30/2012

Ashley and everyone at Smokin' Joes were very helpful and amazing! My Father In Law was paying for catering and wanted final say on the menu, and she had no problem dealing with us and him at different times to meet both of our schedules! Also, we got a bunch of compliments saying this was the best food anyone had at a wedding!

Smokin' Joe's/Simply Chic Event Catering is absolutely the best of the best. I have spread the word as opportunity arises to tell people about how great the food and service are. Working with Ashley was an absolute delight and breeze. They not only worked hard to make good food, they worked hard to make the presentation fabulous. I commend Ashley and her awesome team for making our wedding reception everything I dreamed at a price we could afford.

Tiffany · Married on 05/26/2012

Ashley and her crew went over and above any expectations we could have possibly had for the day. They could not have been easier to work with and hopefully we will have the opportunity to work with them again in the future!

Heather · Married on 05/12/2012

Smokin Joe's went above and beyond to make our wedding a success. Ashley and her team did a fantastic job on the decorations and catering and were incredibly professional throughout the entire process. I would highly recommend Smokin Joe's and look forward to working with them in the future for any events we have.

erin · Married on 09/16/2011

The owner was amazing!! They took care of not only the food, but also did the table, chair, and linen rental and the centerpieces. It was so nice to have just one place for everything. The food was absolutely delicious, and everything looked beautiful!!

• W

Wren · event on: 12/03/2011

I was extremely pleased with the quality and quantity of the food that was sent. The portions were generous and perfectly packaged. The pork was incredible - tender, perfectly done, and everyone loved the sauce that you sent. The chicken was...

Mandy · Married on 05/04/2013

Smokin' Joe's was absolutely amazing and more than I ever thought that a caterer would be. Not only was their food delicious where I had numerous guests come up and tell me, but their bartending and decorating services were superb. The food was exactly what I wanted and delicious. The table set up of the food and drink tables went perfectly with my "Southern Vintage" décor and was above and beyond what a caterer normally sets up. I loved the vintage suitcases and drawers they used to hold the food supplies. The bartenders were so sweet and it was such a relief that they did all the packing of the coolers and mixing of the drinks.

The décor and setup they provided was more than I ever expected. Smokin Joe's provided so many decorations and props that made my wedding more than I could have dreamed of. They had so many decorations that fit perfectly with my theme and their willingness to set up and decorate everything was top notch. Ashley was amazing with the pre-meetings and offering up ideas/supplies they had and Sarah and Jessica were amazing with the decorating and making sure my wedding went without flaws. Sarah and Jessica even came to my venue the Thursday before to start setting up with me and they were so sweet and professional with so many great ideas! You could tell they wanted everything to be beautiful and perfect for my wedding!

All the staff always made sure I had a drink in my hand and they even helped to pin my dress up when the bustle fell out. Smokin' Joe's and Southern Brides on a Budget absolutely went above and beyond all my expectations and were absolutely amazing the entire process. They definitely made wedding planning less stressful and more enjoyable. I would absolutely recommend Smokin' Joe's to any bride and anyone throwing an event or meeting! Thank you so much to Ashley, Sarah, Jessica, and everyone else at Smokin' Joe's and Southern Brides on a Budget for making my Wedding perfect and more than I could have dreamed of!

Brian · Married on 05/26/2012

These guys were the best. I couldn't have imagined the wedding would be so great. The food was awesome and they did such a great job. Everything was right on time as well as site visits before the wedding to make sure we/they wouldn't be surprised on the big day. There is a ton of food they can prepare for the wedding that is not just BBQ although, the BBQ and traditional sides are awesome.

Autumn · Married on 07/14/2017

0.8
      2.0
      0.5

So I filled out the form online for southerbrides and Ashley called that day. We set up an appointment, tested the food, and she said she would email me the proposal in two weeks. Everything was good! After two weeks go by , I call her the third week. She said she would email it to me that weekend. That weekend passed and she still hadn't sent me the proposal. I called her the following Wednesday and she told me to come in Monday at 6. I got there Monday at 550pm and she gets us water and leaves for 15 minutes and comes back and says "sorry all my employees called out sick and honestly I don't even have your proposal here". So I was like "okay can you just email it to me" she replied "no I don't really email" WHY WOULD SHE TELL ME FOR THREE WEEKS she would EMAIL me then ?!? Anyways... we agreed to meet Wednesday (today). So today I texted her because I didn't wanna waste time driving there for anything , and I said "hey Ashley, are we still meeting tonight?" And she replied "I'm afraid I won't be able to take care of you for your wedding. I am sorry" WTF. Waste of time ! I have a job, school, a daughter and I'm planning a wedding!! She literally kept pushing this back and then tells me she can't do it ?! I wouldn't recommend this place to my worst enemy. Ridiculous & they'll never have my business at smokin joes again.