Simply Southern Events Reviews

15 | Tallahassee, FL

15 Reviews for Simply Southern Events

Stephanie · Married on 12/01/2018

Absolutely amazing!!

I hired Lauren with Simply Southern Events after reading rave reviews through wedding wire shortly after I was engaged (a year until wedding day). We only needed her as a day of coordinator, but she was above and beyond! I had small hiccups with different vendors in the planning stage and she calmed my fears even though our contract hadn’t started yet. Fast forward to wedding week and we knew it was going be a stormy day and she went in to action with the rain plan and got everything in action with the vendors and calming me and being AWESOME. I would recommend her to anyone. Lauren and her assistant were absolutely amazing and everything my family and I needed for my most perfect, stormy wedding.

Sent on 12/03/2018

Simply Southern Events's reply:

Thank you, so much for the review, Stephanie!!!! You were a stunning bride & both your family, & your groom’s family were so delightful to work with! Y’all were all so down to earth and kind. You reminded me of why I love what I do! Best wishes on happily ever after & thank you for trusting me to be a part of your special day!!!

Haylee · Married on 09/27/2014

I hired Lauren THREE WEEKS before my wedding! My only regret: not hiring her sooner! Even though we only had three weeks to plan together, if you saw how my wedding turned out you would have thought we had been working together for a year! She pulled off my exact vision! A joy to work with! Highly recommend!

Sent on 10/05/2014

Ellen · Married on 11/24/2013

Simply southern events was great! Thinking that I could take on my daughter' wedding, Lauren came in and really made me realize there was no way I could have planned and enjoyed this special day. She stepped right in and took over letting me step back and have no stress at all. I will always remember her saying to myself and mother of the groom that she wanted us to be able to take care of ourselves and not to worry about anything and that is just what we did. Thank you again for making Emily and Chads day so special.

Sent on 07/18/2014

Emily · Married on 11/23/2013

Lauren with Simply Southern Events was WONDERFUL! She made our special day one that we will never ever forget! She was there to take care of anything that needed to be done and let us enjoy our day! Lauren was prompt and always on top of everything, making sure everything was the way I always dreamed! I highly recommend Simply Southern Events for any type of event planning that you may need!

Sent on 01/21/2014

Great job Lauren. It was a beautiful wedding and a perfect night for Emily and Chad. Thanks for everything!!!

Sent on 02/17/2014

Lauren and simply southern events was great! My wife and I lived working with them, and we were so glad to have them there on our special day!

Sent on 02/12/2013
  • O

Sarah · Married on 10/08/2011

Simply Southern Events was simply amazing!!

We worked primarily with Kelly, and during the entire wedding planning process I could not of asked for a more supportive wedding planner. Every dream I had, Kelly thought of a way to make it happen. She knew my vision, and everything was executed with that in mind.

Even more, she was extremely flexible in her meeting times, which was extremely helpful to my mom and I since I lived out of town, and even stood in for me at meetings I was unable to attend. She was also always organized, and responsive to our millions of emails.

We worked with Lauren closer to the wedding, and she was equally as wonderful. Again, flexible, confident, organized and always with our vision in mind.

I can't say enough great things about Simply Southern Events - we had the wedding at my parent's house, and it could of been an extremely stressful situation. But with the Simply girls, the day was a smooth, calm and wonderful experience. Thank you!!

Sent on 10/14/2011

Jennifer · Married on 05/14/2011

Kelly and Lauren were fantastic! Kelly always got back to me right away whenever I had a question and she had lots of great suggestions throughout the planning process. The day of the wedding we had to change our ceremony site very last second and there is absolutely no way we could have had our ceremony how we wanted it without their help. They were amazing and I cannot recommend Simply Southern Events enough!!

Sent on 06/06/2011

Elizabeth · Married on 04/30/2011

Wonderful! So much fun and great at keeping me relaxed. Kelly and Lauren are the best! :-)

Sent on 05/04/2011
  • W

Carol · Married on 04/09/2011

Lauren & Kelly were great to work with for my daughter's wedding. They listened to what we wanted and made our visions come to life. They were always quick to respond to any phone calls or e-mails. I was able to enjoy the day and let Simply Southern Events make sure everything was taken care of. I highly recommend them for your event.

Sent on 04/20/2011

Meredith · Married on 04/09/2011

I am so pleased with the service we received from Simply Southern Events. I live in NYC (I am from Tallahassee), and planning from afar was stressful. Lauren and Kelly took away that stress and made me feel completely at ease - and for good reason! - and orchestrated the day beautifully.

Lauren (my "head" planner, though Kelly was there for many of the meetings and a great help for the weekend) was always available via email or phone to answer any questions we had. She also thought of EVERYTHING and made sure we had our bases covered ahead of time. This was such a peace of mind - she knew exactly what was going to happen (and even things that probably wouldn't happen, but she was ready for them!) and I trusted her 100%. It is hard for me to relinquish control, especially with something like my wedding, but I felt more than comfortable handing her the reins with complete confidence, knowing everything would go smoothly.

My confidence was well-founded, as the wedding turned out beautifully, and just as I had always envisioned. All of my ideas - photos from blogs, sad sketches of my own design, babbling words - were taken and formed into the perfect day. In the days before the wedding, Lauren and Kelly took the time to meet us at the reception site and collect all of the little details that we wanted set up. They walked us through how everything would go and made sure that our ideas would be realized.

They worked seamlessly with our other vendors, ensuring that everyone was exactly where they should be at a given time. Lauren even acted as my therapist, calming me down during a mini-freakout on the morning of the wedding. She would say the five best words you can ever ask for from a wedding planner, "I'll take care of it," and she would. Whether it be cleaning my rings or politely and firmly speaking with a hotel manager, Lauren had it covered. This was invaluable!

I honestly cannot say enough good things about Lauren and Kelly. Without them, my mom and I could not have enjoyed the day as much as we did. They were worth the money, and more. I highly recommend them to all brides planning a wedding in the Tallahassee area. You will not regret it!

Sent on 06/22/2011

Ellen · Married on 03/26/2011

Kelly and Lauren are the true calm in the storm and the day of the wedding proved it. When the rain appeared at my daughter's garden wedding they had just the trouble shooting options and put them to use. Mother and bride were able to remain calm and everything went off beautifully. While we had chosen them for day of coordination, they were available both by email and phone any time we needed them prior to the wedding. Such attention to detail getting to know about the entire wedding party too. Very hard working team and Simply Southern can certainly help may your day all you dream of. Thanks to the special mother of the bride and bride touches day of too!!

Sent on 04/18/2011

Gamble · Married on 03/26/2011

Kelly and Lauren of Simply Southern Events were so wonderful to work with. I hate to imagine the week before the wedding and especially the day of the wedding without them! They were incredibly sweet and always remained on top of everything. They kept everything running smoothly, and helped deal with a particularly stressful rain shower ten minutes before the ceremony. I was able to remain calm while they can around behind the scenes figuring everything out. They even had a very sweet surprise waiting on me at the salon the morning of the wedding. They were worth every penny!

Sent on 05/01/2011

Emilee · Married on 05/29/2010

I originally hired Kelly at Simply Southern to help me plan a wedding shower for my sister and brother-in-law. She was such a pleasure to work with. I explained to her the ideas I had in my head and the final outcome was more perfect than I imagined. We ended up using her services again for the wedding. My whole family was very impressed with Kelly's knowledge, ideas and expertise in coordinating such a special family event. I would highly recommend Kelly and Simply Southern to anyone!

Sent on 08/04/2010

BeeBee · Married on 03/23/2010

A truly picture perfect wedding is in the details and Simply Southern Events can ensure that every detail is covered for your perfect day. The girls of SSE ensured my daughter had a day that met all of her dreams, and helped me, the mother of the bride relax and enjoy family and friends. For a cost effective team that will work with you in any manner, total event planning, week of last minute details or day of the event coordinating, contact Simply Southern Events - ask for Kelly and Lauren. They have great ideas that will appeal to everyone!

Mrs. Bob Jackson