Shannon McQueen Photography Reviews

Shannon McQueen Photography 3
Shannon McQueen Photography 4

Alison Martin · Married on 12/30/2018

Amazing price! Amazing person

My fiancee and I had a really tight budget for our intimate SF wedding. Shannon shot our wedding for $2,000 and her work is comparable to photographers I looked at that charge between the $3-4,000 range!
    I feel so lucky to have found a caring, lovely, fun, and talented artist that would work within our budget, especially in the bay area ;) My goal was to have a gorgeous wedding with a lower budget but I didn't want it to look like a low budget wedding. I spent a lot of time on small details and Shannon captured it all! Shannon is an absolute gem and the best decision we made in the entire wedding planning process.
    I appreciated Shannon because her pricing was super transparent, she helped us create an organized shot list and timeline, and she was always communicative and organized. Again, I cannot say enough good things about Shannon-she is amazing!

Sent on 02/07/2019

Andy · Married on 12/09/2017

SHANNON IS THE BEST! love that she charges an hourly rate so that we could customize exactly what we wanted. For us we didn't really want getting ready shots so we focused mostly on the ceremony and then bridal and family portraits. We didn't need a hundred photos of dancing so she just stayed for an hour during the reception. We ended up having every image we could have wanted and more. You could not tell she was just there for five hours. We had getting ready shots, the ceremony, bridal portraits, family portraits, reception details and the first dance. We also decided to hire a second shooter for $150 per hour and were happy with that decision.

We had so much fun working with Shannon and the results were GORGEOUS. Shannon was so natural, nothing felt forced or too posed. She was awesome at "finding the best light" and areas to take pictures. I am so glad that we made the investment to hire Shannon.

Alex · Married on 09/09/2017

Shannon was an incredible photographer and all evening my family and friends kept commenting on how professional, lovely and friendly she was. It was so easy being photographed by Shannon and it felt like I was with a really good friend. Usually I am nervous in front of the camera but she made me feel beautiful and my nerves melted away.

We were just blown away by the quality of Shannon's work. She should actually charge a lot more(we feel so lucky) as her work is comparable to the photographers
    We couldn't afford in the $3500-5,000 but around half the price.

If you want a Beautiful product, experience and person book Shannon, she is just the best.

Sent on 02/08/2018

Julie · Married on 07/27/2017

Shannon is great to work with! She was not only our wedding photographer, but someone who soothed my nerves during stressful times and who offered a helping hand when needed to make things run smoothly.

Shannon's style is so natural that it really captures the essence of the day. Everyone whose seen my photos talks about how much it looks like me and how happy I look.

We're glad that Shannon was our photographer, both because of working with her on the day of the wedding and the final product we received in our photos.

Katie · Married on 06/24/2017

Shannon's photos capture you looking your natural best. If your main interest is a bunch of stilted photos of people standing awkwardly, Shannon may not be for you. If, on the other hand, you want to remember all the little magical details of your day, she's great. She really looks for those moments when your at your naturally at your most beautiful. Her photos look both sleek and classic. She's also fun to deal with.

Amanda · Married on 12/30/2016

Shannon documented our wedding in a way that felt authentic and reflected the beauty of the day. She was organized with the paperwork and details and everything was simple and straightforward through the whole process. She put together a photography timeline that helped the whole day run smoothly.

I would recommend Shannon and her second shooter Marcos to anyone who wants to look back on images, 50 years later, and feel like they are back in the moment. Her style is timeless and classic. This investment was the best one we made, hands down. Go with Shannon!!!

Sent on 02/08/2018
    Shannon McQueen Photography 8

Mallory · Married on 01/31/2015

Shannon and Marcos were awesome! I could tell they really enjoyed themselves and even said that after doing a couple of small weddings they don't want to do large ones anymore. She was great to work with and even offered us some engagement pictures the summer before for free to start working with us and meet us in person. She was able able to chat via skype to discuss details. I also really liked her details page that she includes, so that she can plan everything before to be more ready. I also have to say that we didn't even notice them during the ceremony, they were very subtle and kept out of the way so that we could really enjoy the experience! We took them to Fish Creek Falls after the ceremony to take pictures on snowshoes. It was a great experience! I look forward to seeing all the pictures from our day!

Sent on 02/09/2015

Valen · Married on 08/29/2014

I can't say enough good things about Shannon and her husband. They truly made our big day special. Shannon told me her style of photography was photojournalism, which was exactly what I was looking for. She create a story from beginning to end of my wedding. When I show people my photos, they say they look like something out of a magazine. I'm so glad I picked Shannon as my photographer. She is truly gifted. I can look back on my wedding day and know I picked a talented photographer. I'm so grateful. I can't stop looking at my pictures.

Sent on 09/05/2014

Shannon was so nice and wonderful to work with! She is very talented and super flexible. She was so encouraging to have on my big day following me around.

Sent on 07/17/2014

Grace · Married on 08/16/2014

Shannon was unbelievably wonderful to work with! She responded instantly when I e-mailed her my inquiry and met with me the next week to discuss the details of my wedding. She was very interested in my vision for the wedding and that attentiveness came through in the pictures - they were everything I'd hoped for! Shannon has a wonderful eye and really knows how to manipulate light (she made me look like a bridal goddess). During the ceremony, I barely saw her but somehow she was always moving - in front of us, behind us - I couldn't believe how many beautiful close-ups she captured. During the portrait session, she was quick and efficient at directing our families and at the reception she captured all the details - from our guests' crazy swing dance moves to the wistful smile of the pianist as he played the waltz that my grandfather and I danced to. Plus, even though she told me that the pictures wouldn't be ready for several weeks, a personalized flash drive showed up in my mail the day I got back from my honeymoon - just one week after my wedding. It was such a wonderful surprise! I would recommend Shannon to anyone!

Sent on 08/24/2014