Shandi Wallace Photography Reviews

View more information

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner

• W
    Whitney Married on 10/20/2018
    Shandi was the best wedding photographer we could have hoped for! She did an amazing job, and was so quiet that I never even noticed her taking the pictures. My favorite part was when she took pictures of just my husband and I. She made it fun, yet intimate and special. She told us exactly what to do, and made us look amazing! When I got the pictures back I was so impressed! They’re amazing, and I find myself looking at them all the time. Shandi is very genuine, fun, and so sweet. She has a wonderful personality, and is an absolute joy to work with. Do not hesitate to book her as your photographer...you will not be disappointed!
    Carly Married on 09/07/2018

The BEST photographer out there

It’s hard to put into words how phenomenal Shandi is. From our engagement pictures to the wedding, we never stopped laughing and having fun with her. She makes you feel super comfortable in front of a camera and doesn’t awkwardly pose you. She’s down to earth, but always professional. She brought an assistant for our wedding and he’s just as wonderful as she is. She managed to capture the little heartfelt moments, instead of just the big group photos. Shandi is now a lifelong friend to us and we’re so thankful we have AMAZING pictures to look back on of our big day!
    Emilee D. Married on 05/05/2018

Amazing person/photographer

Shandi has done so many shoots with us and has exceeded our expectations every time! She is amazing and we love her to peices! You will not go wrong with her! ❤
    Eric Married on 12/15/2017
    Shandi was an amazing photographer. She Managed to get fantastic photos while being almost invisible!
    Katilyn Married on 11/11/2017
    Shandi is absolutely amazing. She is so easy to work with and truly understood my needs! I would highly recommend her to any and everyone!
  • Kristina
    Kristina Married on 10/14/2017

Amazing!! Caring and very personalable!!

Loved her!! She caught things I didnt even remember seeing the day of the wedding! It was nice to relive with her photos!!
  • Ashley
    Ashley Married on 09/04/2016

Amazing, 10/10!!

Shandi is a spectacular photographer! She captures shots that you would never even think of. We hired Shandi to take our engagement photos and wedding photos and were blown away at the images we received. She gets a laugh and smile from everyone, even those that never smile for pictures! You will NOT be disappointed, hire her today!!
    Cameron Married on 10/24/2015
    Shandi was a joy to work with! We had a small wedding in our back yard with only eight guests, so it was important to us that our photographer captured the intimacy and personality of our wedding. She made everything seem effortless, and our photos came out absolutely perfect. As a couple who are generally uncomfortable in front of the camera, she made everything very comfortable and we had the best time. We could not be happier with the photos, and we cannot recommend her highly enough!
    Jennifer Married on 10/10/2015
    Shandi Wallace was the BEST part of our wedding (besides of course the getting married to Michael part). We found her through a friend while she was still living in Washington D.C. and our wedding was in Richmond, VA. Even though it was ~1.5-2 hours away, Shandi was extremely flexible on the date of our engagement photos. She had allergies, but that didn't stop her from taking every photo imaginable-even if it was right by pollen (which looked beautiful, but so did the other hundreds of shots lol). My whole family commented the day of the wedding how they didn't even know she was there for the mingling etc, but somehow she captured the best candid shots. When she was organizing the group shots everyone was so impressed with her personality. She did this all while in the middle of moving! I am so glad I got married before she went down to S.C., but I know everyone will enjoy her down there too :-) I also want to add that she was got us our photos extremely quickly, in fact-I got my photos BEFORE my friend who was married 3 months before me-plus she gives you the rights to all of the digital copies, so you can create thank-you notes and Christmas Cards right away. I can't stop talking about how great she was! If she's free, she's the best value and would easily be worth twice what she charges because of her photos, flexibility, time she spends at your wedding, and personality!
    Sara Married on 08/29/2015
    Shandi is an amazing photographer and person! She is incredibly responsive and easy to talk too and just has such a sweet/positive personality! For our formal photos, I was definitely nervous and a little rigid, but Shandi helped lighten the mood and make me feel comfortable. Our engagement and wedding photos came out beautifully! We have so many pictures from the wedding and all of them are fantastic. All of our family and friends love the photos too! I am so happy we chose Shandi to be our photographer.
    Gayle Married on 05/23/2015
    Shandi is an incredible person and an extremely talented photographer. I could go on forever about how much I love her and can't imagine my wedding day without her, but I simply don't have the space :). Take my word for it, she is truly wonderful. She did an amazing job documenting our wedding day-- she was there from start to finish and was a fun, calm, subtle presence the entire time. She has a great sense of humor, which is helpful if you're uncomfortable in front of the camera (like me), and she knows how to get a great shot. Her work comes out beautifully-- the lighting, the angle, the moment, everything. I love looking back at all of our photos, it's like I'm experiencing my wedding day all over again. Thank you, Shandi, for giving us such wonderful memories of such a special day. I'm so glad you were a part of it!!!
    Niki Married on 02/28/2015
    Shandi was really easy to work with, relaxed and humorous, keeping things light throughout the day. Part of the package was an engagement session which really helped us get to know her better and become comfortable with her and the process, prior to the day of the wedding. In addition to her humor and warmth she was very professional and captured great moments. The pictures were beautiful, interesting, and eye catching. She came up with ideas on the fly and they all turned out well. We can't wait to display them! We also took advantage of the 2nd photographer option which was available at a very reasonable price and entirely worth it! With two photographers we were able to capture both the guys and girls getting ready, as well as a second set of eyes (and angles) throughout the day/night. She has also been very responsive throughout the entire process from the first meeting to the pictures being sent to us post-wedding!
    Krista Married on 12/06/2014
    We cannot recommend Shandi without any more enthusiasm! She shot my sisters wedding last year and the photos were beautiful, so when my fiance and I got engaged she was one of the first vendors we booked! Not only did she shoot our engagement photos, but also our rehearsal and wedding at King Family Vineyards. She is an incredibly talented photographer, but also the kind of person you would want to be friends with a grab a drink or cup of coffee on the weekends - she truly rocks! Shandi is also so, so easy to work with - she is very accessible and always follows through on what she states she will.... If you decide to work with Shandi, you will not be disappointed!
    Katie Married on 08/02/2014
    Shandi was by far the nicest, friendliest, most down to earth photographer I came across in my search. We hired her almost immediately after meeting with her! She instantly made my husband and I feel comfortable during our engagement shoot, the photographs turned out beautifully and we had a great time in the process! On the day of, Shandi was friendly and confident without taking over the room. She easily organized our group photos and captured amazing candid shots. One of the best parts of working with Shandi is that you receive all the digital photos and are able to print as many as you would like. I cannot recommend Shandi more!
    Krista Married on 07/05/2014
    Can I give Shandi Wallace 500 stars?! I love love love working with Shandi! She makes you feel so comfortable and at ease and she has a great nack for blending in and not being intrusive during the special moments of the day. Her photography style is timeless and classic and sometimes a bit whimsicle. I almost never like to see myself in photos, but Shandi has a way of capturing you at your best. We favor the more candid shots and Shandi finds the best ones! She photographs the special moments that you didn't even know were happening because you're busy taking in the day. She is patient, flexible, and thoughtful and I just can't say enough about how happy we were to work with her and have her capture our wedding! Her work is incredible and I'd recommend her a thousand times over!
    Christine Married on 06/13/2014
    Shandi is the perfect wedding photographer. Her photos were beautiful and well-composed--she got great formal shots and candids. It was her first shooting at our wedding venue, but she had a great eye for the space, and was able to capture the narrative of the night. She has a great presence at the wedidng -- she's a calm presence but very effective at corralling family members and communicating the shots she was looking for. And she's very nice--several of our wedding guests chatted with her and told us how much they liked her!

Almost as importantly, she was wonderful to work with before and after the wedding. Before, she was really responsive and willing to chat with us about what we were looking for. After, she sent us a link to our photo gallery within 2 weeks of our wedding! It included 800 high res photos, all downloadable--we're having trouble narrowing them down for our wedding album.

We can't recommend Shandi more highly.
    Miriam Married on 05/10/2014
    Shandi photographed our recent wedding in DC and she did an absolutely fantastic job. Not only does she take beautiful, interesting, and well-composed photographs, but she is an absolute master at getting unique shots and capturing special, candid moments. She worked closely with us during the planning process to make sure she was aware of all the specific shots we wanted (family, decor details, etc.). Not only is she a great photographer, but she is really fun to hang out with too--she had us all laughing and smiling the whole day. She's a total professional and it's clear how much she loves what she does, and it shows in the pictures she delivers. We couldn't have been happier working with Shandi--highly recommend!
    Blair Married on 07/06/2013
    Shandi is absolutely amazing!! Her pictures are beautiful and she captures every moment of your special day. She goes above and beyond by being there first thing in the morning til the last guest leaves. I can’t say enough about Shandi and her beautiful pictures!!
    Alexandra Married on 05/25/2013
    Shandi was so much fun to work with! She was there from the early morning until late at night capturing every detail of our weddding! She has a great sense of humor that kept my entire bridal party laughing through out the day! She is the very best at what she does!!
    Genevieve Married on 10/20/2012
    We are very please with our wedding photographer. Did a great job with making sure we got all the pictures we wanted. She had some great ideas for the wedding and everything came out great! Was very quick at editing the photos and getting the cd out to us!! Would recommend her to anyone thats needs a photographer!!
  • W
    William Married on 09/02/2017
    I tend to ramble and jump around in reviews, so let's start off by saying that Shandi is absolutely incredible!

We found her portfolio and "About Me" page online and after meeting in person we knew it would be a good fit. She's confident and engaging without being overbearing and was genuinely excited to be a part of our wedding. We were pretty awkward during our engagement shoot and Shandi was casual and conversational enough to relax us and talented enough to do so while getting great photos. Her coaching that day made us much less anxious for the wedding day because we knew exactly how she wanted us to pose for the staged shots and we had seen her creativity in capturing candids.

On our wedding day, Shandi started photographing in the bridal suite at 11am and her second shooter started with the groom(smen) at 1pm, and they were the last two to leave our reception around 11pm. She kept us generally on schedule and didn't pressure us at all when we got a little bit off.

We had rain during the time we planned for our first look and pre-ceremony photos and Shandi knew exactly how to frame shots around her massive clear umbrella so that you can't even tell it was raining in most of them. Shandi knows all the photographers' tricks to keep kids attention for photos and we have some great shots of the whole family with my 10 month old niece smiling right into the camera! Our guests weren't uncomfortable at all with the two photographers taking candids for the entire reception, they worked the room very naturally.

After the wedding Shandi drove home from DC to South Carolina and as soon as she got home in the morning sent us a photo to put on Facebook immediately, we really appreciated her effort! She hosted a high-resolution gallery for us to download all ~800 photos without any watermarks or surcharge and sent a USB copy and 4x6 prints.

Shandi's excitement for weddings makes her a genuine pleasure to work with, and her photos are beautiful!